ClassicCloseouts.com / This is a scam

I noticed the 69.99 charge on my debit card this morning and I have not ordered from them since earlier this year. Like the other guy stated there is no number to call nor an email address. The economy is already a mess and then you have companies stealing from people whp is obviously trying to find a bargain. They suck and I hope this company folds for scamming all the poor people put here in the world. Go to your bank or call your credit card company to dispute the charges and then close the card out so this will not happen again.

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Su
      13th of Jul, 2008

This just happened to me! Went to pay my bill and there was a 69.99 charge from them. I ordered something from them in Nov 2006, but not since.

• Sh
      14th of Jul, 2008

Same here- 69.99 charge today! I haven't ordered from them in years!

• Br
      14th of Jul, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me! A $69.99 charge magically appeared on my bank statement. This is ridiculous and they should be shut down immediately!!!

• Sh
      16th of Jul, 2008

Happened with me too same amount $69.99

I called my CC company - ad they said they will credit me and they gave me this # 516-538-1616 for this website classicloseout

When I called this company - it is a right number but no one picks the phone after you go through menu options.

Looks like a scam.

• Be
      17th of Jul, 2008

Unbelievable. Same thing here. I haven't ordered from them in several years and their $69.99 made my account overdrawn. The charge was made on 7/9 and went through my account on 7/10. What the heck's going on here???

• Vi
      21st of Jul, 2008

CLASSIC CLOSEOUTS 18664226397 same transaction $ 69.99. Just report them to BBB NY and get the refud .BBB phone # 212-533-6200

• To
      21st of Jul, 2008

Me Too! I reported to CITI bank security department.

23rd of Jul, 2008

Add me to the list of the defrauded. classiccloseouts.com fraudulently charged my credit card for $69.99 nearly a year after I made a purchase from them.

24th of Jul, 2008

Hey, they did the same thing to me! It was a good thing it stood out because they put the $69.99 charge on a card that I almost never use. I tried calling the number, and you never get anyone.

Someone should just shut this operation down.

24th of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened TWICE TO ME!
    charged two different of my credit cards 69.99
    tried calling no pick up
    class action lawsuit anyone?
    tdjackets@yahoo.com

• Co
      24th of Jul, 2008

Do NOT purchase from this company.
    Fraud. Scam.
    Go to consumerist.com and read about them. Or just google a bit.
    Better Business Bureau has this information: they have had 191 complaints filed, and 181 of those have had NO RESPONSE.
    I charged a small item in Nov 2007, and this week received my credit card statement with a charge from them for $69.99.
    From what I am reading, they have done this to MANY people.
    BEWARE.

25th of Jul, 2008

This is craziness!!! I just had a $69.99 charge on my bank account from Classic Closeouts, I spoke with my bank yesterday and am disputing the charge. My last order with them was in April. Someone needs to shut them down. I am going to look into what organization to report this to so someone can take action against them, or file some sort of law suit.

25th of Jul, 2008

FYI ~ Everyone who has been victimized by this company, I filed a complaing on the governments Internet Crime Complaint Center. Interne address: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I indicated in my report for them to come to this website to see all the other complaints on this company. Hopefully this will get someone with the power to shut them down to get it done!!!

25th of Jul, 2008

I was just charged $69.95 a month ago by them. I ordered a fleece blanket in feb 07 from them for $6 shipped. Now they falsely charge me over a year later for almost 70 bucks! ClassicCloseouts.com sucks! I tried calling twice, left message with phone number - no call back, and now I try calling and it just rings and rings. I have filed a dispute with my cc company.

• Ol
      27th of Jul, 2008

The same thing happened to me too! I called my cc company, have to call back tomorrow to speak to their security department.

• Cr
      28th of Jul, 2008

Like many of you I have been charged as well, $69.99. I immediately closed my credit card and was issued a new number. I will be filing an affidavit with my credit card company and they will then go through the investigation of classiccloseouts.com. I suggest you do the same, I have no doubt that when the credit cards do their investigation and see the scope and breadth with which this company has illegally infringed on our privacy and consumer rights you will be credited your lost amount. It is really a shame that this happened but it has taught me a lesson in shopping online.

30th of Jul, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. While looking over my bank statement, I noticed that on 7/2/2008 a charge for $69.99 from classiccloseouts. Like many of you, I have ordered only once from this company and this was way back in October 2007, in which I sent back due to poor quality, but never got refunded. I'm going to my bank first thing in the morning and report this. I'll also report this to the better buisness bureau, the attorney general and talk with my boss, who happens to be a very popular and well known attorney. I hope that you all get your money back and remember, please don't let this company get by with what their doing, fight for what you know is right.

Good Luck,

• St
      31st of Jul, 2008

This just happened to me!!!
    They debited $69.99 from my account, and I havent ordered from them in 2 years.
    They are a bunch of crooks!!!
    I just called the bank to complain.
    They are working on it for me!!

• Mo
      11th of Aug, 2008

Going through the same thing as everyone else on here. Can, t believe it. We were sooo happy to have found them and to purchase items from this company at such an outstanding price. But now this. I really hope that whoever is responsible for doing these fraud charges gets the same thing done back to them only worse. I hope that he, she or them turn themselves in or get found soon because what you are doing is soooo wrong and you know that if it happened to you, you wouldn't like it either.Their are people like you that make it hard for us hard working people and parents trying to make in life and support ower families. So I guess maybe you might have needed the money more than us that try to give our children better things in life than we had. I will pray for you that you will be heald of such wrong doing and that you will find the right path in life.

• Gi
      20th of Aug, 2008

i have not ordered anything from them in over 2 years and for the last 2 mths i have been charged 69.99 on my c/c i called my c/c company and they took the charges off but now iam going to close out this accout and get a new one. i have called this company many times and e-mailed them i don't know how many times and they never answer are return any calls are e-mails. something has to give here and iam tired of it being me giving. can anyone help