Classic Closeouts.com / Unauthorized charge

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I wanted to add my voice of complaint with all the others. Checking my bank account to balance I came across a strange debit charge of $69.99 posted on July 10, 2008. Upon investigating and talking to my wife we have concluded this company, classic closeouts.com has made an unauthorized charge on our account. I have tried calling their customer-service phone number and only get voice-mail. I have tried sending e-mail and no response or reply. Their website does not show a customer-service phone number or addressd. The only way to make contact via their website is by e-mail and they do not respond or reply to e-mail.

On further investigation I have found 3-phone numbers to this company. The phone numbers are [protected]; [protected]; [protected]. All three number connect to voice-mail to leave a message and someone will contact. Unfortunately after waiting for a week I have received no call-back from a customer-service representative.

Upon doing a phone reverse check an address is connected to [protected]. The other two phone numbers do not list an address. The address noted is connected to a company by the name of "Internet Value Group" and I assume is connected or associated with Classic Closeouts.com. The address is: 110 West Graham Ave, Hempstead, NY, 11550.

I find it highly irregular and unusual a company would not provide an address or phone number for contact. I have also taken the step of bringing up my account with this company on their website and deleting my charge-card information and closing out my account with this company.

Te

Comments

• La
      12th of Jul, 2008
    Classic Closeouts.com - Fraudulent bank charges
    Classic Closuts.com
    New York
    www.classiccloseouts.com

I have only ordered from Classic Closeouts once, 4 years ago, the quality was seriously lacking and I never ordered again. This past week I had an unauthorized, fraudulent charge against my bank account for 69.99. I made several calls to the company and they go unreturned. I have this charge in dispute with my bank. I have filled out a form with the New York States Attorneys office regarding this company: www.oag.state.ny.us/online_forms/compaint_alert_action.jsp

I would advise all to do the same. If you perform a search online for Classic Closeouts unauthorized bank charges or any search similar, you will find a huge amount of complaints.

• Jt
      15th of Jul, 2008

We have a fraudulent charge for the exact same amount. It just cleared yesterday! I have contacted our bank to try to get it reversed. If that does not work, I will contact the Texas Attorney Generals Office.

• Vi
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Same problem debit charge for 69.99$ Please report them to BBB NY phonr#212-533-6200

• We
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Me too! I noticed it yesterday. I'm disappointed in my bank. They said there was nothing they could do. Same amount $69.99. What a bunch of crooks! Thanks for the BBB number.

• T
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I checked my acct yesterday & found a charge of $69.99 placed for a "transaction" that occurred on 07/19/08. The phone# associated w/the transaction is a crock, as every option sends you to a voice mail. I ordered from them ONCE in March of '03. The CC in question had an expiration date of 09/05. What year is this? It's even under my old name. These people need to be reported to a FEDERAL agency for fraud. The BBB is all well & good, but from all of the complaints I've seen, they've been doing this for a while & nothing is being done about it. Would anyone happen which federal agency we could report this to? I've given this information to my CC company as well.

• Tr
      24th of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened to me except the $69.99 was charged to my VISA and I disputed it. The investigator said it should be no problem. The company does not respond to email or voicemails. Hope they burn for this one.

• Po
      24th of Jul, 2008

Today I noticed a hold on my account on my VISA check card for $69.99 TWICE!. I ordered something from Classic Closeouts back in May. The charge for $69.99 was unauthorized, and I concur that the phone no., which is nowhere to be found on their website, (1-866-422-6397) sent me to a voicemail. My bank thankfully, sent me to the fraud dept., and they will post a credit to my account after 24hrs, hopefully the bank will go after these scam artists and get back the money.
    Goes to show you, not all scam artists are on the street corner with a piece of cardboard and 3cards on it, asking you to play a 3-card-monty. Always delete your credit card info after completing your purchase online, so these crooks cannot screw you over.

25th of Jul, 2008

I also had the same amount on my card. It cleared on 6/30/08. I am disputing it through my bank. They are getting a lot of people with the same charge, I think they should be shut down!!!

• Fo
      25th of Jul, 2008

on 7-12-08 ON A VISIT TO MY BANK I was made aware of a transaction of 69.99 taken from my account for classic closeout, I inform my bank that this transaction was not made with my approval. So far my bank is actting like I had something to do with this even with so many people complainting about the same thing for the same amount of money. Has anyone out there been able to get their money back yet?

31st of Jul, 2008

My daughter and I had the exact same charges on our account, both on July 2, 2008. We too have had no luck in contacting the company. How can we stop them from doing this to other people?? We are very frustrated.

• J
    Classic Closeouts.com - Unauthorized Transactions
    Classic Closeouts

Just wanted to add my situation to the list of complaints about this company. I was just reviewing my credit card statement and noticed a $69.99 charge from Classic Closeouts.com which I never made. I too tried to call the number listed but received voice mail. Did file a charge dispute with my credit card company. Sounds like this company is EXTREMELY suspicious.

• Fa
    Classic Closeouts.com - Unauthorized Transactions
    Classic Closeouts.com
    South Carolina

I made a one time purchase at Classic Closeouts.com in June 2008. I paid with my debit card and received my product, no problem. On July 30, 2008 I discover an unauthorized transaction of $79.99 and the next day a pending unauthorized transaction of $69.99. I emailed customer service and call and leave a message and then continue to call to get a live person. No response. I had to call my bank and file a complaint and cancel my debit card. Thanks to my bank the pending transaction was cancelled and the $79.99 credited back to my account. I filed a complaint with the New York Better Business Bureau.

• Te
      1st of Aug, 2008

Beware and continue to monitor your credit and bank card accounts. I have been informed Classic Closeouts is sending out new charges for the month of August in the amount of $59.99. So far my account has not been attached but I will continue to monitor my bank account 2-3 times daily.

One action I did take with this company is that I went to their website and opened up my account. I was successful in deleting all credit-cards to this account. I tried to cancel out the account completely but was unsuccessful so I went back into my account and changed my account name and address to a fictious one. These people no longer have a current or accurate name, address or credit-card/bank card number to steal money.

One other option is to call your bank or credit-card company and have the card blocked and a new number and card issued. So far I elected not to go this route with my bank and am hoping the actions I took on the Classic-Closeout webpage will be sufficient to block any and all future charges.

I did notify my bank of the unauthorized charge and filled out a form to them stating the charge was unauthorized and the bank did reimburse the original $69.99 to my account. There is now an on-going investigation by my bank into Classic-Closeouts and their fradulent charges.

• Br
      1st of Aug, 2008

What is going on!!!same thing happened to me. My bank is investigating right now as I have be unable to reach anyone from Classic Clouseouts.com by phone. Same amount. I will be calling BBB as well.

• Sj
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I just discoverd a fradulent charge on my credit card bill as well. I cut to the chase when I called their customer service number. I told them that they had 24 hours to contact me and remove the charge or CITIBANK would be pressing charges. This sort of thing has GOT to be stopped online. Good grief! I hadn't even done business with them for over a year...how in the world did they decide to charge my account? AND thanks for mentioning the Better Business Bureau...I wouldn't have thought to file a complaint there but I will be doing so in the near future.

6th of Aug, 2008

This just happened to me. I was on my way from France back to the States on the date of the charge. I called Discover Card and they credited my account and are investigating. I was told that there have been many complaints about this company. I intend to contact the BBB. If enough people do this, then it will save many future problems for others.

• Ar
      7th of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened to me...there were $69.99 and $79.99 charges on my CC. I called the CC company and cancel the card and also dispute the transactions.

• Ji
      11th of Aug, 2008
    Classic Closeouts.com - Fraudulent Charge!
    Classic Closeouts
    classiccloseouts.com

Add me to the list. Yet another victim of Classic Closeouts' credit card party. I think I ordered one item from them in 2006 - but only once. Well, they held onto my credit card number for 2 years and then decided to test drive it. I found a charge for 69.99 on my bill this month. I called them (after finding their phone number on a random website - not theirs) and also sent an email. I expect they'll treat me like every other customer - and completely ignore me.

I also emailed the FBI's Cyber Investigations Department and now I'm going on every complaint board I can find to spread the word on Classic Closeouts.

Citizens take back the Internet!

25th of Aug, 2008

Just happened to me as well. $69.99 on my Citibank care in July 08, then again on August 7, then again on August 19. Citibank is changing my card number, has frozen my account and is sending me dispute forms.
    I do not understand how ClassicCloseouts.com is still in business.

25th of Aug, 2008

Wanted to add to my previous post: I have never knowingly purchased anything from this company. Don't know how they got my information - although it appears that they have affiliate programs. I do not have an account on ClassicCloseouts so that's the only thing I can think of.