Classic Closeouts LLC / Unauthorized charge for no reason

1 110 W. Graham Ave.Hempstead, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 5165381616

I purchased one order from this company 5/21/08. The order was paid for on that date. Now on 7/25/08 there was 2 unauthorized charges for 69.99. There is no reason for these charges. I contacted them on their 24/7 online support on their website to complain with no response. I found out their phone # from my bank, the charges were put on my bank debit visa card. So I called more than once and left messages, because they do not answer their phones. No matter what department I choose, I just get sent to an answering service. Since this happened, the company refunded only one of the 69.99 charges. I have filed a complaint at my bank and am waiting to see what happens. I am very upset, because these charges caused my bank account to go negative. So if I had not deposited a credit card check, two outstanding checks would have bounced that day. So now I have fees I will have to pay for finance charges and other fees from that credit card company. This company needs to refund me not only the 69.99 but more to cover my credit card fees and time and trouble. I had to make a special trip and waste a lot of time filing a complaint at my bank for these unauthorized charges. Please help.

Johanne Grizzle
johanne@save123.net
815 McCord Hollow Rd.
Hohenwald TN 38462

Comments

• Is
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I've never done busienss with them, and I don't shop online using my debit card however a charge for 69.99 showed up against my account. (For specifically this reason I use American Express, who the one time someone used it fradulently it was cleared up and I had a new card within a couple of days.)

I've disputed it, filed a fraud report with the Seattle Police Department and a fraud complaint with Wells Fargo. It will take a week to ten days to replace the debit card.

This company does not post contact information for service or phone numbers on thier Website, I hope your complaint goes well.

15th of Aug, 2008

I had placed an order in March of 2006 and haven't ordered anything since then, but in the last month and a half have had two charges, one for $59.99 and another for $69.99. Calls have gone unanswered as well as emails. This is ridiculous. Nice friggin' company!

19th of Aug, 2008

Update: I've made four calls and emailed them three times to no avail. I've just had another 69.99 taken from my account. I have decided to place a call to the Hempstead, NY police department.

• Ka
      20th of Aug, 2008

I too have been charged recently on my Visa card. I was charged on 7/8/08 the amt. of $69.99, 8/6/08 the amt. of $79.99, 8/16/08 the amt. of $59.99 & on 8/18/08 the amt. of $69.99. This just started happening all of a sudden. To my knowledge, I have never ordered anything from this company. If I did, it has been years & years ago. Thank goodness my Visa is with Bank of America & they are great with the disputes!! It is very time consuming, though. I have found out through B of A that this has been happening to a lot of their customers. I have been calling Classic Closeouts phone number & of course you can only leave a message of which they will not return. Bank of America has been calling them repeatedly, also with no response. The really troubling thing is that they are using an old card number that I had when it was a MBNA account, before it became Bank of America and it is linked to my other accounts. I was told that just because I have cancelled this card that it is possible that it can begin again with a new card due to how the accounts are linked, especially if somehow this has been set up as an automatic authorization by Classic Closeouts. This is criminal!! I had no idea that this was going on until I got my statement! Now I am checking this credit card account daily online because the charges are popping up as fast as I can dispute them. After talking with B of A dispute & fraud dept. and hearing that others were calling about this, I decided to Google Classic Closeouts to see if there were any complaints. What a surprise! I thought originally that it was just simply a billing error of some sort. I can not believe that they are getting away with this!