Classic Closeouts / fraud

1 Hempstead, NY, United States Review updated:

submit a letter to the mayor, maybe he will get this company prosecuted. The Hempstead police dept says there is nothing they can do about it and thyey have no one to refer you to to get this company prosecuted.

Wayne Hall
99 NICHOLS COURT HEMPSTEAD New york 11550

Vi

Comments

• Rl
      12th of May, 2007
    Classic Closeouts - Still waiting for a credit!

What you pay is what you get (or do NOT get in this case!)

I never received my order and FINALLY got UPS to issue a credit; however, they had to issue it to Classic Closeouts. Classic Closeouts refuses to issue the credit back to me! Additionally, Frantz (who is probably the ONLY “employee” there) will NOT return my emails or calls.

The reason their products are SO cheap is because they steal their customer’s money whenever they can!

IF you get your products, that's great -- but DO not return anything because you will NOT see a credit for returns either.

Fortunately, my credit card company is now dealing with Classic Closeouts, and I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

I do not know how they stay in business with such unethical and illegal business practices!

• Ge
      9th of Oct, 2007
    Classic Closeouts - Unauthorized credit card charges

Have purchased many time from Classic Closeouts and did not have a problem until recently, have an order for over 100.00 and have instore credit for 32.47 would like to apply it to new order MANY MANY e mails phone calls NO RESPONSE.. Unable to reach them but if you put in an order they contact you immediately... TO DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY LIKE THIS YOU HAVE TO BE NUTS!I WILL PURSUE THIS ISSUE WITH MY CREDIT CARD CO LET THEM BATTLE...

Classic Closeouts - www.classiccloseouts.com

• Je
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Classic Closeouts SUCKS!

It is impossible to get them to respond to a request to return an item. I followed their instructions exactly and have not heard a peep from them. I only wish I had researched them prior to making a purchase. If I had I could have learned from someone elses mistake rather than learning from my own mistake.

What a bunch of loosers they are, no values or morals. But I do believe in kharma and I think all their wrong doings will come back to haunt them.

• Mi
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I'd like to get that phone number from you if possible! I had a bogus charge placed on my credit card last week, and it overdrafted my account.

• Ka
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I only visited this site once to purchase sandals for my wedding. I got the sandals and everything was perfect. Until Monday of this week. I was charged $69.99 on my bank card for something I DID NOT PURCHASE. I tried to call them, but it rang and rang and rang and have yet to get an email or message from them. I know my card was saved on their site so I ended up erasing it and would suggest to anyone else that they do the same.

9th of Jul, 2008

I received the same $69.99 charge on my bank card this week and have not purchased anything from them in over 9 months! I also tried calling, but no answer, and sent an e-mail, with no response on that. If you go to /link removed/ and type in "classic closeouts" you will see all the other people who have had the SAME problem!

• Ro
      9th of Jul, 2008

I got the same $69.99 charge on my bank account without ordering anything since October last year. Their phone number is 516-538-1616, however, all you can do is leave a voice mail, and no one has called me back in the last week and I have left many messages.

• Ci
    Classic Closeouts - Unauthorized credit card charges
    Classic Closeouts
    New York
    www.classiccloseouts.com

On 7/8/2008 my checking account was charged $69.99 by classiccloseouts.com. I have only ordered from this company once back in 2005. I tried to reach the company a few times to no avail. You're asked to leave a message when you call and they don't call you back. Upon doing a little research, I happened upon "https://www.complaintsboard.com" where several people have complained of the same unauthorized charges over the past week, most of whom have only ordered once long ago.

If you have ever used this company, alert your bank to block any charges from them as it's impossible to know what's going on. Their database may have been hacked; they may have a dishonest employee, or the owners may be the criminals. Who knows? When the company isn't getting back to you, either they're overwhelmed with complaints or they're in on the deal.

• Ri
      10th of Jul, 2008

I have never purchased anything from this company yet they somehow have my debit card number and have charged me $69.99 for God knows what. There is no way to reach them...whatever department you "choose" from their voice mail message says "leave a message and we'll call you back." Right!

• Am
      11th of Jul, 2008

Oh My GOsh!! What is up with this company? Why am I being charged for the same amount as everyone else and didn't buy anything? Is there something we can do about this?

• La
      12th of Jul, 2008

I have only ordered from Classic Closeouts once, 4 years ago, the quality was seriously lacking and I never ordered again. This past week I had an unauthorized, fraudulent charge against my bank account for 69.99. I made several calls to the company and they go unreturned. I have this charge in dispute with my bank. I have filled out a form with the New York States Attorneys office regarding this company: www.oag.state.ny.us/online_forms/compaint_alert_action.jsp

I would advise all to do the same. If you perform a search online for Classic Closeouts unauthorized bank charges or any search similar, you will find a huge amount of complaints

• Cy
      12th of Jul, 2008

I ordered from classic closeouts one year ago, one time. On 6/28/08 they charged my credit card 69.99 and I too left several messages and various emails to them to no avail. Finally contacted the bank and they put a fraud alert and are investigating the matter. If this happened to you, contact the bank immediately!!

• Ro
      14th of Jul, 2008

Hey everyone I got the same problem too with the issue of 69.99 on my bank card too. I know I ordered something from them but it only cost me 15.97 and that was way back in January of this year and after that I never order nothing else. I mean their merchandize is dirt cheap, but not so much good quality. I had to call my bank to stop payment, because I don't owe these people and I have been calling their number since yesterday and no one answers asking you to leave a message and then it telling you mailbox is filled. Also I sent them a message through the site and no one respond. I am thinking about getting a lawyer for them. That is outrageous now.

• Va
      16th of Jul, 2008

Classiccloseouts.com made an unauthorized charge on my credit card for $69.99 on July 11, 2008. I tried to contact the company and of course I only got their wonderful answering machine. I just decided to file a dispute directly with my credit card company and have them deal with this situation instead. I got it credited right away but I wasn't going to just let it go. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Trust-e, New York State Consumer Affairs, and the FTC. I've only ordered from this company once a few months back and since I wasn't satisfied with the product, decided never to order from them again. Beware to anyone who shopped at classiccloseouts.com, make sure to double check all charges on your statements. This company is a fraud!

• Ki
      16th of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened to me July 15, 2008!

• Vi

516-538-1616
    FAX516-538-1355

• Ci
      17th of Jul, 2008

The same thing happened to me on 7/11/2008. There's no way to contact the website and all I can do at this point is file a claim at my bank for the 69.99. This sounds like a regular occurrence at ClassicCloseouts.com - they should be shut down.

21st of Jul, 2008

I just looked at my account today 7-21-08 and seen the same $69.99 dollar charge as everyone else. What is going on with this company??? I agree with the rest of you as to they should be shut down and have charges brought upon them.

• To
      21st of Jul, 2008

Me too!!! 69.99 on 07/09/2008. This is crazy.

• Ra
      22nd of Jul, 2008

same here! and you can't get in contact with them at all. and not only that but i tried to log into my account and since i forgot my password cause it been 4 years, i did the forgot password thing...typed in my e-mail address and got this message
    "We have no record of the email which you entered. Please make sure that the email is correct and that it is the one which you used to register at ClassicCloseouts.com"
    What is up with that!!?? They unauthorized a charge on my credit card and deleted my account!! Messed up...messed up!