Classic Checkering.Com / e-mail service from Hughes.Net

1 United States

Feb.2008 I signed up for service thru Hughes Sattlite service. The internet connection works some better than my dialup, but the e-mail service is absolutely horrible! I run my business Classic Checkering.Com. thru my website, and reliable and fast e-mail service is a must. Hughes. technical help is inept, and little or no help with setting up the parameters of my e-mail service. Of five different people I talked to at Hughes tech-help, I received five different answers and none of them worked. These people barely know what they are talking about, and should not be in the position to advise customers. I finally paid Microsoft for their help, and my problems were resolved in 30 minutes. Today, 4-29-08, the e-mail server is down from Hughes, and I have been without e-mail since 4-27-08. Calling their tech help line is a joke! My advice for anyone considering Hughe.Net for their service provider, is to explore every option, and use Hughes.Net as a last resort! I am paying $60+ a month for substandard service. Hughes need to spend less advertising on TV, and more in making their service reliable.