CLARKE YOUNG LAW OFFICE / YODLE, INC.

1 50 W. 23rd ST., 4th FLOOR, nEW YORK CITY, NY, United States Review updated:

YODLE, INC. = KISS OF DEATH. STAY AWAY BECAUSE YODLE IS A (LEGAL?) SCAM. i EXPERIENCED THE EXACT SAME "SCAM" AS OTHERS HERE AND THOSE ON OTHER SIMILAR SITES HAVE EXPERIENCED: FRAUDULENT BUSINESS PRACTICES, ZERO ROI, NO SEO, ADS ADVERTISING WRONG BUSINESS, GARBAGE-IN-GARBAGE-OUT BUSINESS MODEL, OUTRAGEOUS MONTHLY CHARGES, AND PROMISES, PROMISES, PROMISES W/ NO FOLLOW-UP. I ACTUALLY CAME AWAY FROM THE EXPERIENCE THINKING YODLE MUST HAVE A BACK ROOM OF GOONS WHO CALL YOUR PHONE NUMBER (AND HANG UP)--AND THEN CHARGE YOU FOR THE FABRICATED CALL. IF YOU HAVE BEEN BURNED LIKE SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE, PLEASE TAKE ACTION:

ONLINE, CHECK W/ YOUR SECRETARY OF STATE, AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS AND SUE YODLE IN SMALL CLAIMS LOCALLY. IN CALIFORNIA YODLE'S AGENT IS: C T CORPORATION SYSTEM, 818 W. SEVENTH ST., LOS ANGELES, CA 90017.

ALSO, FILE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU COMPLAINTS AT:

NEXT, FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE CONSUMER PROTECTION DIVISION OF YOUR STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE (or whatever your state calls it).

BEFORE YOU TERMINATE YOUR YODLE ACCOUNT, BE SURE TO PRINT OUT EVERY SINGLE PAGE FROM YOU YODLE WEBSITE/PROFILE. SUBMIT A COPY WITH EACH COMPLAINT YOU FILE.

GOOD LUCK.

Comments

• Ra
      3rd of Apr, 2012

Hi Clarke – my name is Radley Moss and I am the Director of Corporate Communications at Yodle. I understand that my colleagues from Yodle’s Client Services team have reached out to you several times over the last week to address similar concerns that you’ve already raised in other forums. I’d encourage you to call them or contact me at either 212-542-5449 or [protected]@yodle.com. I’m sorry to hear how frustrated you are and want to make sure that we’re righting any wrongs that you feel you experienced during your engagement with Yodle. In the meantime, I would like to assure you that Yodle does not call phone numbers and then charge for the calls. As I mentioned, please touch base with us when you have a chance. We want to better understand why you had an experience that is so different from the positive one that the majority of our customers enjoy.

• Cl
      3rd of Apr, 2012

Mr. Moss: First let's set the record straight. I received ONE phone call late Friday from someone at Yodle asking me to call him about my concerns. Thus, your comment is--like everything else about Yodle--an exaggeration. Yodle's "Client Service team have [sic] reached out to you several times" is inaccurate at best. Second, I don't care how "sorry" you are to "hear how frustrated" I am. What you should care about is my business--and it's a little late for that, don't you think? Third, if you don't have goons in a back room calling me, please explain to me (and the world) how it is possible that after three months NOT A SINGLE CALL TRANSLATED INTO BUSINESS? Seriously, tell me how is that possible? Fourth, Yodle doesn't need me to tell it--again!--what my complaints are. Yodle has my NYC BBB complaint and it details the same complaints that many others on the Internet are complaining about. My complaints merely ditto those of other former Yodle customers. How stupid Yodle must think its customers are to require EACH customer to repeat the same complaints. And why doesn't Yodle change its business model in the face of the same, repeated complaints? Fifth, I have emailed you separately my final demand for payment/refund. My complaint has a public side (to share my experience with others) and a private side (i.e., settlement) and I wish to keep these two aspects of this dispute separated. Please respond to my email to you. Thank you, Director of Corporate Communications, for this invitation to openly discuss Yodle's ongoing unresponsive responses. In the future, I insist on only talking to the person who has ultimate power and authority over my account and who is authorized to make a prompt refund--and I'll bet that's not you.

24th of Aug, 2012

You can strike back at Yodle if you have been wronged and they have acted in the ways stated on this board- which are violations of Google Partners and without a relationship with Google Yodle will be hurting.
    I am very serious here these steps below can really have a strong BITE so use them if you have been legitimately wronged and it will hurt them.

Go to this link for a Google complaint

1. Make a third party adwords complaint telling Google they misrepresented themselves as being part of Google. This is a BIG no no and will get Googles attention and may get you some satisfaction (refund if you are owned etc)
    On the complaint form specify that this company told you they were GOOGLE when they called (if that is what you feel has happened)
    On the complaint form let Google know you have complained (see below) to the BBB and attorney generals office

ALSO make a similar complaint if you were not shown EXACTLY what Yodle paid for those links from Google and if your local listing has been HIJACKED with a different number put on them.

It is a violation of Google Partner policy to charge you for calls for sign ups from things that you should be getting free like local listings and map listings.
    2. Make a complaint to the bbb (bbb.org) about Yodle if you have been wronged.
    3. Make a complaint to the Attorney General in Your state AND New York where Yodle is located
    4. Make a complaint to the Federal Trade Commision and dispute the charge if they fraudulently charged their card.

It is most important that you fill out the Google Form and also Yodle MUST SHOW you how much THEY PAY FOR CLICKS-- if they do not Yodle is in violation of Google Policies and this will get you the relief you need

5th of Sep, 2012

Getback – my name is Radley Moss and I am the Director of Corporate Communications at Yodle. I saw your comment and wanted to address the key issues that you raised.

While no form of marketing or advertising is effective 100% of the time, we here at Yodle are proud of the work we do for our 30, 000+ small business customers, the large majority of which are reaping considerable benefits from working with us. You can see some examples of Yodle success stories – where companies have significantly grown their businesses as a result of using Yodle for their online marketing – at the following links: http://www.yodle.com/success-stories/ and http://www.facebook.com/Yodle/app_7146470109.

Regarding some of your other comments, Yodle is fully compliant with all Google policies. We provide information to our clients on their personalized dashboards about what we pay to Google on their behalf. Furthermore, we are also very transparent about our relationship with Google. We have strong policies that prohibit employees from misrepresenting Yodle’s offerings or relationships but are proud to let small businesses know that Yodle is a Google AdWords™ Premier SMB Partner. We are one of just 16 companies that has this relationship with Google, a designation that represents the latest collaboration between Yodle and Google and provides added value to our customers. You can find more information at the following links - http://www.google.com/ads/premiersmbpartner/advertisers.html and http://www.google.com/ads/premiersmbpartner/advertisers-findpartner.html#tab=partner-yodle-com.

Finally, we only take over and charge for local and Maps listings if a customer has signed up for the Yodle SEO product offering. We always talk to the customer about what that process entails and how we optimize their listings.

Yodle’s approach as a company is to be completely transparent on the ROI that we deliver to our customers and to show them the value that we deliver. You or anyone else is welcome to contact me at [protected]@yodle.com or 212-542-5449 if there are any questions regarding anything I mentioned in this comment.

• Lv
      6th of Sep, 2012

Mr. Moss, Will you address my complaints before I file my small claims suit? I just emailed my marketing specialist politely requesting to cancel my contract and get a refund of my remaining ad funds and the amount charged to produce my website. If you respond to this post I will send you the details of my complaints, though they mirror some of those discussed above. Yodle could be a great company if it actually did what it says it does. Unfortunately it was a complete disappointment for me. LV, esq.

7th of Sep, 2012

LV - I am sorry to hear that you have had a disappointing experience with Yodle. Can you please email me your name, company name and details of your complaint? My email address is [protected]@yodle.com. Thanks.

17th of Sep, 2012

Can you get back at Google easily if you have been legitimately wronged?
    Mr moss Are you stating that
    1. You provide detailed statements to clients how much each Google click costs Yodle and how much you mark up same?
    2. You do not sell free google products like local listings/ map as ppc?
    3. Youdo not "hijack" local listings by placing your own phone number on them?

2. Make a complaint to the bbb (bbb.org) about Yodle if you have been wronged.
    4. Make a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission and dispute the charge if they fraudulently charged their card.

17th of Sep, 2012

Correction to above you can get back at Yodle if you have been wronged or misrepresented the Google products they offer. Google is not to blame for Yodle actiCan you get back at Yodleeasily if you have been legitimately wronged?
    Mr moss Are you stating that
    2. You do not sell free google products like local listings/ map as ppc?
    3. Youdo not "hijack" local listings by placing your own phone number on them?

ons

• Lv
      22nd of Sep, 2012

Hello, I want to update you all and let you know that Radley Moss from Yodle (posted above) helped to take care of my issues with yodle. Thank you

• We
      24th of Sep, 2012

my complaint is even worse. Deceptive and unfair practices, and violated NY General Business Law 49, they started a campaign without my permission, all the information was inaccurate. i sent several emails and phone calls requesting that the information would be corrected and revised. They ignored all of my calls and complaints. They only cared about running up the PPC campaign and blowing through the budget. All emails and phone calls were ignored. They started a campaign with no authorization and completely ignored my requests.

• We
      24th of Sep, 2012

I am starting my action now, including a full complaint, ONLINE, CHECK W/ YOUR SECRETARY OF STATE, AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS AND SUE YODLE IN in New York,
    CT CORPORATION SYSTEM
    111 EIGHTH AVENUE
    NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10011

I have all my emails, and easily be able to demonstrate all the violations.

2nd of Oct, 2012

Hi West Wind, my name is Jasmine Teer and I work in the communications department at Yodle. I just spotted the comment you wrote on this site, and if you're open to it, I would like to speak with you to get details about what happened when you spoke to representatives from our company. I apologize for any frustration you have experienced, but please email me at [protected]@yodle.com or call me at (212) 542-5403 so I can gather more information and help resolve any outstanding issues. Best, Jasmine