Clarity Opticals / Coimbatore / False promise, money received for guarantee replacement!

India Review updated:
We went to the shop to purchase spectacles for my wife. we told the representative who handled us. inside the shop that we want a glass which is unbreakable, the representative said that the unbreakable will cost a little extra and for that he got the money and he said there is a guarantee for the glasses but not for the frame. We agreed and bought the glass. After a couple of days as the my kid is around he threw the my wife's spectacle down and it was broke.

I was a little worried though it was our mistake. but the shop person told that the glass is unbreakable. My wife had gone to the shop to replace the glasses and also inquired about the warranty. The shop owner has smartly said the glass has no warranty. you have to pay money. She called me up and said and i spoke to the manager, he gives me reasons that the glass dropped down will not break. some one has sat on it, etc, etc. anyway the promise is the glass is unbreakable and there is a guarantee. My wife also paid the money and came unwillingly but had no option as she will get head ache. But i feel this is not favor. I was specific to ask him to give a guarantee and an unbreakable one as the kid is around and that's why paid a little extra. I really wanted to take this up seriously and ensure no customer is given false promise and taken for a ride.

Advise smb!
Sa

Comments

Ch
  6th of Nov, 2007
Hi Sasi,

I am in Bangalore now, yes I also have the same answer, they only try to sell it to the customer and want to take money, once they take money they dont want us, they will simply give reasons for not replacing free.

I also heard that they will get free replacement from the company but will collect money from the customer I guess you should try Bangalore optical, opposite to this shop. Never go to clarity optical, they will cheat you.

Regards,
Christy.
Ra
  26th of Aug, 2008
yes they are right, believe me, never go the shop, i think they are not customer friendly at all, i bought my eye glasses in clarity optical s, they are suppose to give me redo my frame as it is in guarantee, they keep telling me that it has gone to the company, and it will take a week, this week has passed at least 10 times, now i dont know what to do. i will wait for this week, if nothing happens i will go to the police
In
  12th of Apr, 2010
clarity opticals is bad, my bought a power glass for my daughter, they told me it cost Rs.1800/. the same glass in bangalore opticals, straight opposite to shop is Rs.1350/. i felt cheated, went and asked them, the person in front, i think he is the owner says once sold we cannot give discount.
very bad attitude, pl dont go there