Clairol Pro / awful customer service

United States Review updated:

I have expeience a severe allery to semi permanent hair color. by this company. My face is swollen to the max. i can't leave my home for severe days. It itches and pus comes from the scalp. It's very painful. I can't sleep at night. I want to sue this company but don't know where to begin. It has to be something they are putting in the product and we as the consumers are not aware. I look like the elephant woman. I only used a small amount. I had a job interview this week too.

Ma

Comments

• Li
      Sep 17, 2009

If you are the only person this has happened to, then this is YOUR problem, not theirs. Try to sue, but I guarantee you will be wasting your time.

• Ro
      Feb 25, 2010

i used a black permanent dye, the same brand and colour i have used many times before and AFTER 48hrs i developed a severe reaction. its been 2 weeks now and i have only left my home to get anti-histimine injections, steroid injections, anti-histimine pills, steroid creams, antibiotics.as it was after the recommended time for skin allergy test i asked my doctor if anything else could be responsible?, he told me it was definatley the colour because of where the severest of the rash is, eg head, ears, neck etc. I am in agony and severly uncomfortable but at least i can see now. big companies will always get away with anything.

• Do
      Jul 26, 2010

Sadly I have tried to find a complaints department for Proctor & Gamble, Clairol hair products. NONE found. therefor, I have had to use this site to complain, something I seldom do. I used Nice'n Easy for several years, many diferent shades in the early days and for the last 10 years all shades of blonde. I use only Nice'n Easy every six weeks as I do not like the dark roots showing. Always been very happy with the results. My natural colour is MOUSE.
    4 weeks ago I used Shade 104 for a change. The dye burnt my head and I ended up with scabs on my scalp. OK after treatment m y scalp is recovering. Please could someone tell me why this has happened.

I am concerned that I will have the same problem again. I have the
    box & bottles from the product I purchased and would like to know how I can return them to clairol for tests.

Doreen