Claire Brothers / Furnace / Fraudulent diagnostic

1 Mississauga, ON, Canada

A few days ago, on the coldest night of the year the blower bearings on my furnace capitulated. I was back home after a 12 hour night shift and my heart stopped when the Direct Energy tech told me there was nothing he could do. He stumbled upon a seized screw and 2 minutes into his "inspection" my fate was decided. I was left standing in my foyer with the accomplice's (HVAC salesman) business card in hand and bags under my eyes. For his "expert diagnostic" I received a $99 bill plus tax ($111.87). With his big toe past my door threshold on his way out the good "technician" had the gull to add insult to injury, saying that I was going to get this money back in form of discount upon purchasing a new furnace $$$$.
I was too tired to fight then, but after a few hours of past-night-shift-comatose-sleep I defeated the defective screw myself in less than 5 minutes. Subsequently an independent tech changed the bearings and reinstalled the blower for less than the "diagnostic" fee charged by the fraud artist. Now, what do I do about it? This site is for venting apparently and less for pre-venting. Fraud is pandemic in our legal environment and only firm action can counter its spread. Weak and diluted Canadian criminal case law make it virtually impossible to pursue corporations. I'm prepared to engage any alternative I can find: Better Business Bureau, Small Claims Court, Consumer Protection outlets come to mind. Any other ideas?

To