claim your groceries.comChapter 11

B Review updated:

BBZ Resource Management, Inc. announced today that it has filed for Chapter 11 reorganization in order to preserve the value of its business for its creditors. BBZ also announced that immediately prior to its Chapter 11 filing, it entered into a new strategic relationship in order to preserve and maximize the value of its data mining business for the benefit of its creditors, business partners and other stakeholders.

BBZ's historical business involved both the sale of rebate certificates and the accumulation and use of consumer data. Recent events surrounding BBZ's rebate certificate business necessitated BBZ's Chapter 11 filing. Early in 2009, BBZ entered into a 15-year contract with Kidz Idz, Inc. to purchase $345 million of rebate certificates from BBZ. Kidz Idz' performance under this contract was personally guaranteed by Michael Pouls, the owner of Kidz Idz. Relying upon that contract, BBZ entered into a long-term lease for a new fulfillment facility and hired new employees to deal with the exploding demand for the rebate certificates that BBZ sold. Rather than honor that contract, however, Kidz Idz and Mr. Pouls not only breached their obligations but also undertook what BBZ believes to be concerted campaign to co-opt the rebate certificate business and destroy BBZ. This effort culminated with the Pouls Parties filing a lawsuit on Thursday, June 25, 2009 falsely asserting that BBZ's business is a fraudulent "Ponzi" scheme. Ironically, that same day BBZ was working with outside counsel to prepare its own lawsuit against the Pouls Parties asserting their breaches of contract and other wrongful conduct.

The damage to BBZs rebate certificate business from the Pouls Parties' conduct made it imperative that BBZ act to protect its consumer data mining business for the benefit of its creditors, business partners and other stakeholders. Accordingly, BBZ has entered into a contract with an industry leader to take that business forward in exchange for BBZ receiving a share of the business's revenues. This new relationship will form the foundation of BBZ's anticipated Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.

In the meantime, BBZ has suspended sales, activations, and redemption of rebate certificates, as well as gift card distribution. Consumers awaiting gift cards or holding certificates are encouraged not to contact the businesses or brokers that sold or gave away the certificates, as suspension of this program is beyond their control. BBZ is committed to honoring its obligations and will be working diligently with its outside professionals in the Chapter 11 process to maximize the return to its creditors.

Inquiries may be sent to BBZ's new mailing address: PO Box 11000, Mesa AZ [protected].

• M
      Jul 07, 2009

We will never see any reimbursement despite their "diligence". Yeah, right. I wonder if a class action lawsuit would work being that they are in Chapter 11?

Jul 07, 2009

The scam has run its course, any money that could have been recovered has long been disbursed as bonus checks, business expenses, contractual payments, anything under the sun really to create the illusion that a real business was being run and not a scam. Their final illusion to prevent being prosecuted as a criminal enterprise is "bankruptcy".

Jul 10, 2009

another scam for us to waste time, paper and stamps.

• M
      Jul 13, 2009

My 78-year-old mother, whose only income is her Social Security check, bought a nice bed because of the offer for "$400 dollars of free groceries." I thought it was misleading when I found out she had to buy $100 in groceries per month, then turn in the receipts to get a $25 gift card... in theory, eventually and incrementally getting her "free" $400 back in gift card form. Now she's out of luck and BBZ is DISCOURAGING consumers from complaining? This sounds like a case for the attorney general!

• R
      Jul 14, 2009

Would you like to see what a scam artist looks like?

The president of BBZ (Claim Your Groceries) is Justin Elenburg. He is in this Youtube clip along with the VP, Troy Warren. Troy talks (blabbers aimlessly) about how to make money through the "No Sales System" (a.k.a. scamming people).

Jul 17, 2009

This is a total waste of time and money, I want my reciepts sent back to me since they are not going to pay me for them they shouldn't be allowed to use them to complete there customer surveys or any other thing !!!
    I think the Attorney General should check this scam out and do justice to the people.

• T
      Jul 18, 2009

I was totally scammed! I bought carpet from Carpet Depot on Long Island because of a promise of $500 worth of free groceries. Well, obviously that won't be happening. I did call the carpet company and they are saying they will make good on their promose through another company. We'll see!

• P
      Jul 24, 2009

These guys are involved in a large underbelly of fraud and deceipt. The exec VP Troy Warren has a litany of allegations currently against him. Another poster posted a link to a YouTube video of the President who is involved in other shady scams. I don't understand how these guys are allowed to repeatedly start LLCs -- they should have to open businesses in their OWN names and be PERSONALLY liable for their fraud, and how they stay out of prison. I hope the several state AGs throw the book at these guys. BTW, I have Ellenburg's home address and phone number, and am debating what I want to do with that info...

• K
      Jul 26, 2009

ok i have been chatting with the ceo rob for a while he promised and promised to get me my cerficate card asap, 4 months later still nothing i have a 500.00 just sitting now with the class action law suit guess what nothing he stopped even talking to me grrrrr anyone having issues call this guy [protected] once he says let me write your number down and program it dont let him he sees its you calling never answers what a puttsss

Jul 26, 2009

I just tried to print out my first coupon found this crappy news. I wouldn't be shocked if mattress discounters was aware of the possibility that this scamming company could go bankrupt but yet continued to use this promotion to push mattresses. The ### mattress salesman that sold this program made it sound like I just had to buy $100 in groceries then after that I'd get a $500 gift card sent to me. I'll never buy another bed mattress discounters.

• F
      Aug 25, 2009

I bought a truck form a local dealer because he was handing out Claim Your Groceries certificates. Since April I have been sending in receipts. Nothing has happened, now I believe I understand. This was just another scam. I am becoming very untrusting. Lock them all up and throw away the keys.

• C
      Sep 15, 2009

Just sat down to claim my first $25.00 and see that the company filed BKO about the time I bought the furniture. I am thinking the retailer knew it when they sold the furniture. We will be making a claim against the retailer. My bet---I got screwed!

My advice --- Trust No One

• R
      Sep 25, 2009
    claim your groceries.com - No response
    Claim Your Grocieris.com
    California

My name is Renee Parier and I, too, bought furniture at Linder's and was promised $500 worth of free groceries and I followed the instructions for 3 months and never received a thing. I am going to go back to Linders and see if they will compensate me maybe by giving me a discount in the future. They need to take some responsibility, too.
    What a scam!

• V
      Oct 07, 2009

I to brought a chair from Linders and was promised $500.00 of free groceries and have never received anything. I feel that it was just a big deal to get the public to come in and buy. I will never buy anything from them again. You would think that they would stand by their word, but as it looks they don't. So for all you other that may be thing about buying new furniture don't buy it at Linders they don't stand behind their word.

Nov 12, 2009

November 12, 2009 - Password number is MGRB635CX6UH I just received a letter advising to me to go online enter my password etc. It took me to a blank adopbe file. Does anyone know how I can get my money back from these scam artists. This company needs to be shut down. This is a major scam. I bought this from a college kid that claimed that he was working for this company to make money for college. I should have seen this coming. I was wondering when I would receive the paperwork from months ago. Well it finally came and is of no good. If someone can give me some information where to file consumer complaint - please direct me. Thanks so much.

• A
      Jan 07, 2010

that, s not right. i spent money on stamps and time.i, m so upset.

Jan 12, 2010

I agree. They should be behind bars for doing this to my mother and sister.

Jan 30, 2010

I have been submitting vouchers since Feb. 2009 and have not gotten a dime yet. I was online looking for the correct address to mail when I came across this site. It is very frustrating to me because I only bought my TV from the store I did because of this $500 promotion for free groceries. It is very frustrating and discouraging to feel like you can't trust the people with whom you are doing business.

Feb 06, 2010

Enough people have complained about this that I have received a letter from Grant's appliances asking me to sign a waiver in lieu of spending more money in their store to receive a 20% discount. Why not pay everyone the $500.00 they promised... Seems to me they are on the fortune 500 for having record sales last year. Keep the customers happy... send me the money.. the 20% is their mark-up... otherwise... I am waiting for the lawsuit claim to get the $1000.00 they will have to pay to each of us PLUS court and attorney fees.

Mar 24, 2010

I totally agree I was promised $500 worth of groceries if I bought my "Dinette" Set from them. I new they where scams because he promised my daughter lunch if I bought something just to say he will have to give her a rain check. I noticed that they business went under also. GOD DONT LIKE UGLY! I would have rather purchased my furniture closer to home than 25 miles away but the FREE groceries is what got me...Now That I have researched this I realized I was had...I sent in receipts and never heard back, I assumed I missed the cut off date :(

I think that retailer that promised their patrons the gift cards she have to honor it, but in my case they are out of BIZ!

Aug 23, 2019

Troy Warren is back at it with gas cards and grocery cards. This time he has a front. Digital radio and I'm one of 4 employees he's not payed in full.

His new scamventure is Infotainment Talk Radio. My name is Brady DeAngelo and I can be contacted through Facebook and Linked In. I created a podcast explaining our situation regarding Troy... https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e51iq8