CJW Holdings Inc, UT / Charged my credit card without authorization

6/4/07 Charged my credit card for $84.97 without authorization. I called and they said it was for weight loss pills. I never purchased anything like that from them. They said they were charging accounts for a company, AdiprineRX. When asked for their phone number, they said they could only give me the websit, WWW.Adiprinerx.com.

I tried to send a message from that site, but they wanted personal information first, so I declined. CJW Holdings Inc, UT told me they would cancel the transaction, cancellation # 39000. When I did not see the credit, I called again, they said that was to cancel transaction but not to refund the amount. I was insistent they refund the amount and they said they would, however, my bank may take up to 30 days to put the credit on my account.

At that point I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and not pay it. They agreed and said, the day before they went online to this site and saw the fraud information about this company. The credit card company could not get threw by phone to CJW Holdings Inc, UT.

Comments

• Pa
      29th of May, 2007
    CJW Holdings Inc I - Unauthorized credit card charge

Identical to the above poster... An unauthorized credit card charge in the amount of $84.97 (same exact amount as above poster) shows up on my online statement as: CJW HOLDINGS INC I, 866 8823186, UT $84.97.

30th of May, 2007
    CJW Holdings Inc.1 - Unauthorized charge of $84.97!

I checked my online credit card and found a charge of $84.97, and a phone number 8668823186. I made no charge! Help someone...

Regards,
    John Masury.

• As
      5th of Jun, 2007

I had the exact same experience... $84.97. I found their name in Googleand saw all the fraud reports and my bank is removing the charge from my card and denying further transactions from them. Good luck!

19th of Jun, 2007

I too got charged 84.97 from this company CJW Holdings and i never ordered anything, to be honest i haven't used my card in over 2 months and then got slammed with this charge. I Call and a computer answers saying "all lines are busy right now". BUT My charge came on my debit card, not my credit =[

• Sh
      11th of Jul, 2007

The exact situation happened to me but through a company called ALD Enterprises Hoodia out of Utah. The amount was for $84.97 and they said it was for a company www.adiprinerx.com, possibly for dietary supplements. They could not give me a telephone number which I found to be strange. I had not authorized a transaction in this amount so I phoned my credit card company. They said that they have had other complaints about this ALD Enterprises and would reverse the charge and investigate. I wonder how many other people this has happened to and didn't bother to follow through. I almost gave up because the first time I called this ALD they said there computers were down and other times I just got a busy signal or recording. I hope someone is able to stop this type of fraudulent activity.

• La
      27th of Jul, 2007

I ditto this complaint and would like to add. They did this to an 89 year old customer of mine. i work at the post office and she had me call her credit card co. to fix this. I also called the extremelean phone number and it referred me to this web site also. That's ashame that co.'s like this will feed off of senior citizens that don't know what the heck they are ordering!!! Discover was very cooperative and the charge is being disputed.

27th of Jul, 2007

I am going to call my credit card company and have the charge of $84.97 disputed as I definitely did not order such a product.

• Tr
      8th of Aug, 2007

I had the same thing happen to me in June. I'm thinking maybe I should get a new card. I guess it's time to call my bank. I live in RI and wonder how wide is this scam?

• Ro
      19th of Sep, 2007

I recvd my credit card bill today and there was a charge on my card from "Adiprin Com" with a phone number 866-882-3186 and a charge of $69.85, I tryed the number and got only a recording stating to go on line at www.adiprinerx.com and when I could not get anywhere with that I called my credit card company and disputed this charge and they are investigating this.
    I have never heard of this company, product or there website and it scary how easy it is for the American people to be scammed by these fraudulant companies.

• Ru
      29th of Aug, 2008

I have been charged $69.95 on my Visa card for Hoodia Cut which was sent to me and I returned to sender. I called the number on the card statement and was given another number to call which in turn gave me this web site to contact. What a crock and a run around! I am not paying for something which I returned and have no desire to ever receive again! Please credit my credit card immediately! Thank you.