CJ Industries / Company is ripping people off!

I ordered some Hoodia diet aids from CJ industries for a trial offer @ $3.99...
They were nothing special so I didn't order anymore. A few weeks later I received another bottle in the mail & my credit card was charged $39.99... A few weeks later I received another bottle for the same $39.99 charge to my account. I called them & said I did not order anything and they told me I was obligated to keep them, because I did not read the fine print. OK, I dropped it at that and did not try to send them back, because they said they would not accept them. Now I receive a call from a collection agency that wants me to pay a$75 cancellation fee. These orders took place almost a year ago & I have not had any communication with this company until now. I feel this is a fraudulent company & is scamming people every day... I will be contacting the better business bureau to report them.

Comments

Cj
  10th of Aug, 2007

Please read the terms you agreed to completely:

We followed the terms that you agreed to, you can not order trial without first agreeing to these terms.

Op
  10th of Aug, 2007

All: See this thread for more info on this scam company:

13th of Aug, 2007

The same thing happened to me! I haven't ordered anything from them in over a year and then I received a letter from a collection agency stating that i owe them $100! I called the agency and they said it was for a cancellation fee which I knew nothing about.

Gl
  13th of Aug, 2007

Same thing happened to me!! I just received the collection letter today from Hoodia that I ordered over a year ago. Of course, they tell the collection agency that they have tried to collect from me. That's bull. I haven't received any correspondence from them.

Wi
  15th of Aug, 2007

I too was just notified by Credit Management Services that I had an outstanding debt from C J Industries although my account was closed in May 2006. I never received any information from C J Industries that I owed them any money whatsoever! I think it's a big rip-off!

Am
  25th of Sep, 2008

It is the biggest rip off! i havent even completed my 30 day trial and my name has already been sent to the collections!
I didnt know i was obligated to purchase a bottle wrether i liked the product or not! what the hell is a 14 day trial good for then? What is everybody doing about this? there must be something we can do.

Di
  25th of Jan, 2010

There has to be something we can do about this so called company. i also ordered a free trial for 6.99, the money was taken from my account and yet i have not gotten anything from this company. It took only two days for cj industries to take my money from my account and yet here it is 8 months later and still no product. i hope they lock up every person affiliated with cj industries and let them rot... a day for every dollar they have stolen...YES I SAID STOLEN!!!