CJ Industries / Company is ripping people off!

I ordered some Hoodia diet aids from CJ industries for a trial offer @ $3.99...
They were nothing special so I didn't order anymore. A few weeks later I received another bottle in the mail & my credit card was charged $39.99... A few weeks later I received another bottle for the same $39.99 charge to my account. I called them & said I did not order anything and they told me I was obligated to keep them, because I did not read the fine print. OK, I dropped it at that and did not try to send them back, because they said they would not accept them. Now I receive a call from a collection agency that wants me to pay a$75 cancellation fee. These orders took place almost a year ago & I have not had any communication with this company until now. I feel this is a fraudulent company & is scamming people every day... I will be contacting the better business bureau to report them.

Comments

• Cj
      10th of Aug, 2007

Please read the terms you agreed to completely:

We followed the terms that you agreed to, you can not order trial without first agreeing to these terms.

• Op
      10th of Aug, 2007

All: See this thread for more info on this scam company:

13th of Aug, 2007

The same thing happened to me! I haven't ordered anything from them in over a year and then I received a letter from a collection agency stating that i owe them $100! I called the agency and they said it was for a cancellation fee which I knew nothing about.

• Gl
      13th of Aug, 2007

Same thing happened to me!! I just received the collection letter today from Hoodia that I ordered over a year ago. Of course, they tell the collection agency that they have tried to collect from me. That's bull. I haven't received any correspondence from them.

• Wi
      15th of Aug, 2007

I too was just notified by Credit Management Services that I had an outstanding debt from C J Industries although my account was closed in May 2006. I never received any information from C J Industries that I owed them any money whatsoever! I think it's a big rip-off!

• Am
      25th of Sep, 2008

It is the biggest rip off! i havent even completed my 30 day trial and my name has already been sent to the collections!
    I didnt know i was obligated to purchase a bottle wrether i liked the product or not! what the hell is a 14 day trial good for then? What is everybody doing about this? there must be something we can do.

• Di
      25th of Jan, 2010

There has to be something we can do about this so called company. i also ordered a free trial for 6.99, the money was taken from my account and yet i have not gotten anything from this company. It took only two days for cj industries to take my money from my account and yet here it is 8 months later and still no product. i hope they lock up every person affiliated with cj industries and let them rot... a day for every dollar they have stolen...YES I SAID STOLEN!!!