Civil Engineering / Scam and cheating

1 India

I applied for a new ration card because I married and moved to a new home. I got the deletion certificates both for me and my wife from our previous ration card from the respective authorities. I submitted the originals of the deletion certificate along with the application for the new ration card. This was done nine months back to the Civil Supplies Commissioners office at mulaikadai in Chennai. After two months in March-O8, inquiry was conducted for address proof and I was asked to present to the above said office. I duly presented and I was asked a few questions as to whether I have gas connection or not and annual income. I gave the details orally. Then I am waiting till this date for my new ration card. I have not received it. When inquired personally, I was told that "The card has not yet been printed. What shall we do?". Ration card is the most respected identity proof in our country and is a must for the states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu to apply for LPG Gas connection. Can you expect a person to live without the basic identity proof and a document to get civil supples for 4 months...