Civic Development Group / Fraudulent actions

My grandmother is 93 years old and she lives in a group home. She is a very giving person and I answered her phone the other day and someone from CDG in Lynchburg, VA called her for her $35 donation. I told the person that she was 93 years old and she was living in a group home and she would not be able to give that $35 donation to the VA state police. The person got upset and wanted to know why she could not give the $35. I told them that she was 93 years old and lived on SS and a pension and her income was limited. Then they wanted to know if they lowered the amount could she then afford the donation. I asked where they were located and the name of the company and their name and I was outraged it was if they don't listen to what you say. I think that calling nursing homes and group homes should be illegal.

Di

Comments

• Ag
      27th of Aug, 2008
    Civic Development Group - Donating To Organizations that CALL YOU
    Civic Developement Group
    Phone: 1-800-652-0218

I will keep this short and to the point. I believe everyone who can should donate to the many causes out there that need help, yes please chose one or as many as you want but never and i mean never donate to anyone you calls you. Let them identify themselves, demand to be removed from all their call list and tell them you are going to contact the attorney general. Anyone who calls you is spending your doantion more on overhead than on whatever it is they are saying to you. Wether it is the troopers, firefighters, police, veterans, retired troopers etc. Never donate to anyone who calls you. Quit giving your number out and quit having it published. Example - you but a fridge from sears. They don't have to have your phone number for any reason so give them a fake one. Only your friends, family, employer and your bank should have your number and no one else.

One last time don't donate to anyone who calls you.
    The do not call list will not protect you and it expires after so long.

Trust me the federal do not call list is a joke.