citysex.com / Bait and switch

I applied for 2 day subscription for citysex.com which was supposed to cost $2. Instead of that I was charged for $62.10 and they refuse to refund me saying that I have applied for a full subscription. Bait and switch detected. Avoid this company.

Sh

More citysex.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Br
      23rd of Apr, 2012

Thanks for you comments, I found out that they have models that contact you when you first sign up.. and try to get you to go gold membership, so i tested it and signed up from a different town and it was the same models, but now from bogus location...avoid this site they are ###ed.

• Ha
      28th of Apr, 2012

These companys need to be regulated by some one. You can get a refund and heres how.

>>>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:25:25 -0700, ************.com wrote:
    >>>>> Hi, I am emailing you to inform you that i will be cancelling after my 3 day trial membership as of from today 4/26/2012.I will be informing my bank as of from today not to authorize the direct debit payment. Yours, Courtney.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

>>>> To: ************.com
    >>>> Subject: [ #ILN-81284-297]: Membership cancellation
    >>>> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:42:02 -0700
    >>>> From: [protected]@citysex.com
    >>>> Dear Sir or Madam:
    >>>>
    >>>> We received your email request to cancel. Your Gold Membership to www.CitySex.com is canceled. You will still have access to all of the Gold Membership features until May 25th, and no further charges will be made.
    >>>>
    >>>> If you want your profile blocked on the website, please take the following steps.
    >>>> 1. Go to account settings
    >>>> 2. Click the "Suspend so it is invisible to other members" button
    >>>> 3. Click the "no IM!" button.
    >>>> 4. Click the "Update my Account" link.
    >>>> 5. Log out of the website through the "Account" button.
    >>>>
    >>>> We appreciate your interest in our website.
    >>>> Jenny
    >>>> Customer Support

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:16:43 -0700, *************@hotmail.com wrote:

>>> How will I continue to have gold membership access until May 25th when I only purchased a 3 day trial. I purchased a 3 day trial and was charged $37.49, why is this? It should have been $2.97 for three days and $59 if I did not cancel within 3 days (which I have already done). I did not authorize the $37.49 and wish to have that amount returned to my account or I will take legal action.
    >> To:**********@hotmail.com
    >> Subject: [ #ILN-81284-297]: Membership cancellation
    >> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:32:18 -0700
    >> From: [protected]@citysex.com
    >> Hello,
    >> Thank you for your email. The account you signed up for is for 3 months made in two installments of $37.49. You have decided to cancel before the second installment, therefore you will not be charged the second installment.
    >> Jenny
    >> Customer Support

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 09:08:58 -0700, *************.com wrote:

> Hi to you too Jenny, I would like to inform you that you are totally wrong and i quote from your web site. (**) You are joining for a 3 Day Trial - $2.97. For your convenience, your membership will renew at $59.99 every 3 month(s), until cancelled.Any charges made to your credit card will appear under 'PAYMGMTS.COM'.
    > By submitting this form I certify that I have read and agree to the complete terms of membership and billing and that the card entered above is my credit card. FRAUD WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.+ VIP Membership Includes The Following Offers: VibeVideo.com - $1.95 2 Day Trial, membership renews to $29.95/monthly, unless cancelled.
    As i have already quoted in my prior email i ONLY signed up for the 3 day trial which was CANCELLED 24 hours later. I have already informed my bank that your charge of $37.49 was NOT authorized. I will be speaking to the fraud department first thing Monday morning and i am also going to report you to the better business bureau. Yours Courtney.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Your account is canceled and your profile removed.

We have issued a one time courtesy refund for the charge made ($37.49). This refund will post within 2014 business days.

Michael F.
    Customer Support
    This is my final email to these scam artists.

To whom it may concern,

According to your email i can expect a full refund to be issued within 2014 business days? If your company can take an unauthorized payment within 3 days i'm sure you can refund within the same period of time. If i have not seen the fraudulently taken amount deposited back into my account on or before 5/3/2012 i will be looking to take legal proceedings as i stated in my prior email.

Yours,
    Courtney.

• Aj
      18th of May, 2012

PLEASE DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT SO THAT AM A POOR TO PAY THIS MUCH AMOUNT MONTHLY.I DONT WANT THE ACCOUNT AND PLEASE DONT TAKE THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT.THANK YOU

• Aj
      18th of May, 2012

PLEASE DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT, I CANNOT PAY THE AMOUNT MONTHY

• Ci
      22nd of Jun, 2012

Please cancel my account at citysex
    i can not afford it anymore
    yours
    mr73chr

• La
      2nd of Nov, 2012

I signed up and payed for the three months up front and got to use it for about two days before Sandy hit NY when it seemed to have gone out of action for days, only diverting to Yahoo home page. I sent in requests to help get back on once it seemed to be operational and received a communication directing me on how to erase cookies with an apology for the inconvenience. Went on for a couple more days like this and them got an astounding response that I had been blocked for exchanging information and that I would be rebated/not charged. I appealed since I have no recollection of such a thing and didn't know that it might cost me the membership If i had. They then came back with a congratulations letter staing that my membership was now active through to the end of the three months. I immediately started getting all the emails from interested girls only to find that I still cannot get back on. I have sent five or six emails to customer service asking for assistance but I've found myself here looking for some way to reach them to help get me get back the service I seem to be still paying for with no complaints. I've asked that they also please explain what infraction they may have thought I did. I have only been respectful to any one that I've sent anything to to the very best of my knowledge. Lance2know

• La
      3rd of Nov, 2012

For further information, I received this email on the 11/1/2012.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. You r account has been updated. It will now expire on November 4th.

We appreciate your interest in our website.

Sharaya J.
    Customer Support
    On the 10/29/2012 I was charged $39.95 and for some reason on the 10/30/2012, $2.97 which would seem to be consistent with this email.
    It was after this that I started receiving all the email notices from the girls that I had reached out to. None from anyone direct. Please help me get logged back on as it seems to have been just a disconnect possibly due to the Sandy situation since that's when I was passed onto the Yahoo page when trying to log on. Possibly that system mess up had my enquiring all those times coming up as giving info out?? I don't know what it was but don't expect it to have been something I really did knowingly. I still haven't received any communication from you at this time. Please advise. Thanks.

• Lo
      25th of Jan, 2013

I have had the same problems with this company on many occasions. However be forwarned the BBB has issued a warning: This company is no longer recieving phone calls as there NY phone lines have been dissconnected, and they are no longer recieving mail, as the BBB sent mail to there known address and it was returned! I also came across a Blog in which it was talking about the Companies Owner of the Domain Auctioning Off the Domain Name Site. However it was pulled due to the number of users. They are wanting its value to rise more before they try to sell it. Greedy Little B#$%@*&sterds! Does anyone know the name of the CEO or the President? I found this Name: Dave Presher

• Fb
      10th of Dec, 2013

how to avoid account locked on citysex always my account is locked on www.citysex.com