Citysearch / Rip-off Artists

Below is an account of the treatment we received from Citysearch.com. We hope you find this information useful before you make a decision with this company.
Citysearch is also an affiliate of Merchant Circle and are based in California and list in the NYSE as IAC

February 28, 2017

City search.com Elisha/ Customer Care
Re: Account No.

On December 27, 2017 I spoke with Liza Smith who explained that the most effective way to use the program was to increase the monthly cap from $100.[protected]@ $1.05 cost-per click to a monthly cap of $150.[protected]@ .39 per click that would include a flat fee of $9.95 per month with the understanding that this would be for our local service area only and not nationally. It appears by the information that I have is that we have been with your company for approximately 30 days and we have been debited $122.56 from our account for over 300 clicks.
Once this was discovered we immediately contacted your Atlanta office only to be treated in a very distasteful manner and only to hear two different stories about how the account was set-up. This morning I originally spoke with Tim King and when he appeared to become obstinate the call was transferred to Deborah Kurin who in turn began to speak so loud into the phone I had to move it away from my hear.
When I informed her of this she began to dictate in no uncertain terms that, “This is what you signed up for and agreed to.”

THIS IS NOT WHAT WE SIGNED-UP FOR; Not to be treated with contempt or disrespect by anyone with CitySearch.com and not to be falsely mislead or misrepresented with the terms of service and deceptive billing practices.

It would have not been quite so bad if we had received one hit from CitySearch.com but we receive absolutely zero. This is not our first day in business and we are very much in sync with the effective use of the internet as it relates to our business and our local service area.

Citysearch is a an affiliate of Merchant Circle.com

After several attempts to contact Citysearch and resolve this problem this is what followed. It is very difficult to contact a live person and without an account it is impossible. This is an account to the conversation that took place on November 20, 2017 and e-mailed to their rating department.

Today I contacted your customer service department for the third time. I s/w a woman who would only identify herself as Katherine. It was very difficult for me to explain the situation to her as she kept referring to me as "Darling"
Apparently since we do not have a paid account with Citysearch it appears we are treated differently. I can assure you that from the treatment we have already received from your organization it would be a very easy decision not to do business with Citysearch.
Today the internet is a tool that many businesses derive most of their income. In today's economy were money is tight a good reputation is essential for buyers to make intelligent and informed decisions on who they want to do business with.
On Feb 13.2017 R. Powell. stated in his review to Avoid This Business and states in his review we "doubled our quote." Mr. Powell declined service and threatened he would put us out of business if we charged his card for a minimum service fee. In retaliation Mr. Powell posted several postings on other sites telling people to "Avoid this Business” We contacted our attorney. Subsequently a letter was sent to Mr. Powell ordering him to remove any and all defaming postings. Mr. Powell denied that it was him that made the postings. It became clear to our attorney in his conversation with Mr. Powell he had issues with people of color (Afro-Americans). On October 29, 2017 we were contacted by B. Dube and scheduled a cleaning appointment for October 31, 2017. When our technician showed up he was treated very disrespectful harsh by Ms. Dube.
On November 5, 2017 the day after an historical election Ms. Dube let out a rant that goes on for several paragraphs. When this was brought to our attention we contacted Ms. Dube by e-mail and requested she remove the review. The following day the father (H. Dube) responded with a negative review on November 11, 2017. All of the negative reviews are in violation of your policy for unacceptable content.
It also appears that most of the reviews posted by reviewers have reviewed one business. This review is in violation of your review policy #11. Content determined by Citysearch to be illegal, or to violate any federal, state, or local law or regulation or the rights of any other person or entity.

We have contact Georgia Consumer Affairs regarding our complaint. There are several other complaints on the internet complaining of similar issues with Citysearch.

Comments

• Br
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I totally agree. The worst service ever and overpriced and ineffective advertising!

• Ni
      8th of Jun, 2009
    Citysearch - Wont remove racist and slanderous reviews
    ColorBoxx Salon
    Savannah
    Georgia

Had several disgruntled ex employees review my business using RACIST comments. They also created lies about not paying them, etc(can provide every payroll detail to prove it) Have contacted Citysearch many times by phone and email with no satisfaction.
    Removed my ad from their site but they still have left the reviews on the site. They do not support their clients. They obviously do not care about supporting racist comments on their site.

22nd of Sep, 2009

Thanks for posting this. I offer services in Atlanta and locked into a plan with them. It was going fine till they doubled my cap without my consent. I have been trying to cancel ever since and am getting charged double. I cannot find a human being to speak to. I wrote to them, even my account manager spoke to collections on my behalf to say that they double charged me and that it was her errror for telling me the wrong information, and yet they still continue. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY. The worse customer service i have EVER encountered!!!

• Mi
      30th of Sep, 2009
    Citysearch - Lack of customer service
    Citysearch

Citysearch does not allow editing of comments made on its review sites. I made a comment without having as much information as I have now, but there is no way to edit a comment I've made previously on a review. Several email inquiries to "Citysearch customer serviee" at [protected]@citysearch.com have gone unanswered. Commentors should be allowed to add to, or edit, their own comments.
    Citysearch needs to be accessible to the public using it. There is one "customer service" email address (see above) that noone answers. This site needs to be answerable to the community it serves.

• Sf
      13th of Dec, 2009

City search comments by one of their reviewer is absolutely bogus. This person gave a bad review of my favorite restaurant, Little Siam Van Nuys, and gave it a poor rating of 2 stars when the rest of the world gave excellent ratings (Yelp average is 4.5 stars). I had gone in and posted my comment and they completely omit my comment, only show their review. This is bad business practice.

• St
      20th of Jan, 2010

We signed agreement with Citysearch in December of 2017. After many delays, our incomplete page was launched by the end of December. In the end of January, CitySearch withdrew over $1600 from our bank account claiming that our link got 3000 hits (50 cents per click). However, we couldn't verify this information since we were never able to log to our CitySearch account. The link never worked, and, despite many promises of Citysearch, was never fixed. Moreover, Google Analytics showed only 15 visitors generated by Citysearch. Appalling service, appalling business practices bordering on fraud.

Studio 580, New York City

• Zs
      11th of Jun, 2010

I recently had same experience with Citysearch. Billed me for $1500 and now adding interest because I cancelled the credit card that I gave them before they could charge me. I have called better business bureau, and 7 on you side (ABC) in New York. Waiting for response.

I had a $1500 limit, never received one call. Cannot prove how many clicks I got. What prevents them from having someone sit and click all day.

Major rip off. Should be shut down.

Can anyone tell me the results of your issues with them.

sc (NYC)

• Di
      31st of Dec, 2011

Yes, I agree. People are allowed to edit or remove a Review. Why can't a person edit or remove a comment? It doesn't make sense, and should be changed. It is an easy change for City Search, I am sure. I don't trust and believe any of the comments I read on City Search, knowing that the comment may have been made with little or wrong information was available to that person. People should be allowed to remove or edit its own Comments.