City Sports Club / Membership Cancelation

1 610 Newhall Dr, San Jose, CA, United States
Phone: (408) 490-2164

1. Jan 16 walked in to check out the gym for a trial membership. Took the tour with Kevin and he gave me the lay of the land.
2. After talking for 30 minutes about getting a guest pass, the general manager Gabe stated today is the last day for the 149 down fee and 29.99 and then prices are going up. (LIE #1) Other people are paying 25 for their initiation fee plus 20 dollars a month.
3. After a few minutes, I said why not try it out for 6 days and then cancel it. Asked for a copy of the contract agreement, was told it would be emailed to me.
4. Next day, asked for the contract again since i never got it but they said we will leave it at the front desk.
5. Another week passes by and not contract.
6.Week 3 Im getting very upset since I still dont have a contract and they have already deducted money off my account.
7. Left numerous of Messages for Rachel Martinez to call me back to discuss why I have not received my contract and their fees.
8. Left another message threatening to cancel my member ship.
9. Day 25 they finally give me the contract.
10. After a few days of reading the contract, i did not like their terms.
11. 2/16 Called to cancel and they told me to come in.
12. Drove to Gym and asked for Rachel Martinez the busiest manager in the world just sitting on the computer doing nothing.
13. She canceled my membership but said Im not entitled to a refund because Im outside my five days. How convenient and I just got my contract agreement 3 days ago?
14. Called LA Fitness CORP as instructed. They are very difficult to deal with, the lady refuse to listen and she just kept talking over me and would not provide a refund.
15. Im disputing the way the handling of the whole agreement from start to finish. Its not really about the cost but the fact they gamed their cancellation policy to ensure that it was outside the period you are allowed to cancel by giving me the contract late.

From 1/16 to 1/22, I should of had a trial period. Instead they charge for the full month. From 1/22 the time should of started and they should of provided the contract but did not provide it till 2/11.

Na