City Of Tshwane / account over charging

1 South Africa Review updated:

Account [protected]

Once again an issue with my account.

My electicity estimate is dubble my actual usage …… last month actual was 1189 now the new estimate is 2284KWH almost dubble the actual usage.
What what the F_ is happening in this account department.

No feedback on issue below.

PLEASE help or wake up.

EMILE COLLINS
Tshwane resident.

From: Emile Collins
Sent: 24 July 2010 07:35 AM
To: 'customercare@tshwane.gov. za'
Cc: 'afriforum@afriforum.co.za'; 'editorial@rekord.co.za'
Subject: Account [protected] - Electricity cut 20/7/2010

Please refund me the R500 I have paid for the electricity cut on 20 July 2010 on the following basis:
• I have loaded a default payment amount of R2700 per month for my account. I have received my account too late to rectify my payment.
• I wanted to pay the shortfall of R748 for June when I got my July account a see that I was overcharge R877 that was deducted (this was due to the fact that my electricity was estimated for 5 months).

I found it totally unacceptable that my electricity was cut due to estimates of 5 months and an overcharge that was just deducted from the next month.

Your cooperation in this regard is highly appreciated.

City Of Tshwane

Ed

Comments

• Mi
      27th of Mar, 2013

Account no: 5008749270

I am a resident at the address torthis account. I have been residing there for the past 15 months. My home is occupied by 2 people, we both go to work and are only home in the evenings. My account billing examples are eg.
    June 2012- R350; July 2012- R733; Aug 2012- R842; October 2012-R161;Nov 2012-R355; Jan 2013-R323; Feb 2013-R373; Mar 2013-R1981. The reading in July and August I thought was high because it was winter but I dont understand how this March my electricity bill is close to R2000. Can somebody explain how this is accurate and show me the meter readings as this does not make any sense.

• Di
      18th of Apr, 2013

I'M A DOMESTIC WORKER EARNING R1, 300 A MONTH, BUT NOW MY PROBLEM IS, I PAID MY WATER BILLS FULL AMOUNT, BUT EVERY TIME WHEN MY STATEMENT COMES I'M ALWAYS PAYING MORE THAN A R1, 000, MY DAUGHTER TRIED TO TALK TO ONE OF THE WORKERS, THEY SAY ITS JUST AN ESTIMATION, HOW CAN I CONTINUE PAYING FOR ESTIMATION, CAN U CITY OF TSHWANE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, THIS IS GOING FOR MUCH TO LONG NOW, AS I'M WRITING THIS TO YOU MY HOUSE IS IN THE DARK CAUSE I CAN'T BUY ELECTRICITY UNTIL I PAY, AND I PAY R565 ON THE 3TH OF THIS MONTH, BUT NOW MY BILL IS R1, 384.20 HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE?

DISAPPOINTED SOUTH AFRICAN

• Al
      6th of Mar, 2014

Hi !

You should check how they steling money !

They not charging according to the rates :

They have put R60.000, 00 to the
    valuation rebate istead of R75.000.00, waht gives you +/- R15.00 extra to bill every month !!!

They are getting water rates from Heaven !!! And Sanitation !!! Bwahahahha they OWN RATES !!! Always HIGHER then should be !!! Im in process of fighting with them ! I wonder how many people have been cheated like that !

• Do
      2nd of Feb, 2015

Hi:
    I am so disappointed about your service I complained about my water meter since the 9th of December till now the problem has not been attended to this are my reference numbers 626606, 620618, 621440, I am so frustrated because my account is high just want to know whose problem is it because I WENT personally to complain about this problem at Mamelodi west but even now im still waiting hope you will treat this case as urgent as possible

• Ng
      24th of Aug, 2016

City of Tshwane Are you sabotaging us? Is this political game played? Will we still get service after DA taking over this Metro? I really cannot believe this! I had never experience this horrible service since i was born especially by such a BIG municipality TWO WEEKS NO ELECTRICITY EVEN WHEN AREAS ARE PAID ON THE 18TH AUGUST 2016 TO DATE. My account reference 2076582112 in this inquiry. I started experiencing problems since the 15th August whereby Contractors threatening me with disconnections each day. i was then disconnected on the 18th. I tried to ask them why since i didn't receive my statement yet. I went to their offices at 373 Pretorius for same inquiry, is then that I paid the amount stated on the disconnection brochure R620, 00 and requested a re-connection. I was informed that it will take 6-10 hours to reconnect of-course by an arrogant gentleman at the help desk. The following morning still switched off. I went back on the 19th to request re-connection, on the 20th still no one came in. Then comes the weekend nobody bothered. Tried to call customer care day by day after personally being to their offices, voicemail says "we are experiencing a large volume of callers even on Saturday and Sunday. comes Monday morning the 22nd, went to their Offices spoken to a senior personnel called Joe(who authorized the re-connection on the 18th). By the way overtime i went there i am told my account is fine they will re-connect it. On the 24th I still went to Joe's Office directly to inform him i am still not connected, he referred me to a lady called, this was the third time going to Kgomotso's counter to request a re-connection. when i got home this evening, still nothing. No re-connection to date. Please, If there is something i should know. I am tired about these. Food has been chucked out of fridges, children been bathing at the neighbours ever-since, meanwhile I am told they will reconnect. I even asked Kgomotso " can I now rely on you this time? All that she said "yes" Please please help! Apart from this, my meter does not match the with what i am billed. My meter reading to date is 04439, but your readings instead, 6759. which could be the reason for billing me huge continuous amounts .attached find the photos., disconnection letter, payment copy.

• Cl
      31st of Aug, 2016
    City Of Tshwane - Added charges to account
    City of Tshwane
    South Africa

On our September invoice for water & lights, we have been charged an extra R3 380, 00 on top of our account. When I phoned the council I was told that they have the right to add on additional finance charges at their discretion whenever they feel like it as it forms part of their terms and conditions. What they fail to realise is that when we signed up for services, we did not sign any documentation agreeing to this. I'm taking this further and will not agree to pay these charges. We pay our account every month and they are just bleeding the residents dry.

• Co
      23rd of Nov, 2016

City of Tshwane added R15 000 to our bill, they wrongfully and forcefully did so, in their argument/accussation they said we bridged our meter box of which they cant prove until today.They provided a photo of a different household saying that it is our meter box and we asked them to come and have
    a look at our meter box of which they did and found nothing, the meter was brand new replaced by them. This is what we call deformation character, they are calling us lairs, we went as far as the credit manager a guy called Imbengiseni an arrogant, incompetent and disrespectful individual, who can go back on his word, he said he will fix it and we went back to him he said he never said and that he he
    ever said he will and he deliberately denied all the evidence which was given to him and still insisted that we have bridged while the evidence said otherwise.We tried speaking to his superiors and they wont much of any help, we tried the call centre still nothing, we tried their complains and customer care email still no response for the whole for months.I hope with the new Political party handling Tswane we will see accountability and peoples rights are violated everyday and no one cares. ACC 2098261956 for Miss Mabuza contact 0769056688/0760711488... please Help

• Ni
      24th of Feb, 2017

Account 5000318432

My electicity estimate is 4 times my actual usage …… last month actual was 200kwh now the new actual is 1000kwh almost 4 times the actual usage.
    What what the hell is happening?

I want feedback on this issue.

PLEASE help and investigate urgently. I will not pay this, because Tshwane swapped my old meter without informing me.

Nico