City of Burnaby bylaw violation ticket abuse

Posted:

Vehicle/traffic violation ticket abuse

City of Burnaby
5500 Grimmer street
Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 604-294-7630
Watch out for Vehicle/traffic violation notice abuses by the City of Burnaby officers.
This event happened to me on Feb.04, 2009, around 3-4pm @ 5500 Grimmer street and Kingsway intersection, Burnaby, B.C. Canada

A City of Burnaby officer in charge of traffic ticketed multiple people that came by at this intersection, most were waiting to head into the Fitness World Gym, but the road itself is only 1 lane, and the fitness gym's parking was full, the officer stood right at the blind spot across from the gym, waited for people to drive through, if you stopped right on Grimmer Street, waiting to get into the gym's parking, you get ticketed.

It is a complete abuse of ticketing power, the road was badly designed, people have to wait on Grimmer to get into the parking lots by Fitness world, yet the officer instead of directing traffic through, hid across the gym facility, waited for people to come by, so he can throw a big ticket at them. The sign on the gym's side of the street states no parking between the sign to the intersection of Kingsway and Grimmer, it did not say anything about stopping due to blockages. This just shows the abuse of power by City of Burnaby to not fix the problematic road, but to make money off of people that uses it.

The reason I post this complaint here is due to the fact that the ticket is forced on me, either pay it, or delay it and file a dispute to City of Burnaby, which takes ages to process through court, by that time, the fine from the ticket would've doubled, and no guarantees you'll win at court. A complete aristocratic and corrupt system.

The Officer that issued the ticket has officer number #102, public beware.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Fitness Centers

Comments

A  22nd of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
though the system is corrupt and de facto, every and any situation having to do with "law" (by law, i mean statutes and acts which are infact, NOT laws at all), has a remedy.
"...the ticket is forced on me, either pay it, or delay it and file a dispute to City of Burnaby, .."
exactly, this just doesnt seem fair does it? 3 different ways that all lead to the same answer:
you being charged and having to pay a debt that you THINK you owe.
however, there is a 4th option. Learn the truths that are kept from all of us.

www.thinkfree.ca

register for free and embrace a wealth of knowledge.
learn your rights, learn your true freedom. this isnt a fight for power, this is an acceptance of the power we as human beings already hold.
no one human being has authority over another. You are registered at birth, creating a fictional legal entity. Take a moment to look at your bills, your taxes, your Birth Certificate. Is it all in capitals? Of course, this means Corporation. This is called your "person", and we all have one. The government, police (policy officers), and any other agent claiming authority literally only has power over your person. However, you are NOT a person. You are a human being, responsible for your OWN ACTIONS. Please, I advice you simply as another human that is fed up with bullies, do yourself a favor and research something worth your time, something meaningful that will actually put the power back into the hands of the people. This is not a war to be fought, this is a peaceful realization. We dont want to fight, we want to discuss. We dont want to battle, we want to come to an accord.
D  3rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
If I am not mistaken there is a city posted sign stating that any cars that stop on the roadway will be issued a violation notice. If someone chooses not to follow the posted signage it is there chose in the matter, but be aware a ticket may be issued. Plus if your waiting to get into the Fitness World parking lot do what I do, park across the street and walk...its good exercise, thats what your going to the gym for anyway. Oh and the fine system, back in the day you (the defendent) had to pay to have your case heard. If you won you were refunded, if you lost your money was held by the courts. Hey having the lower fine is an incentive no doubt but its better than having the fine a flat rate no matter you pay early or dispute.
N  6th of Aug, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I think it's admirable for the officer of peace keeping to issue summons to people that are too lazy to walk to a fitness world. You broke the law, plain and simple. If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime.

Besides, would you want the poorly paid officer to spend his time actually hunting down criminals?
A  4th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I was towed by this Mundy and charge me $109 for just inpounding my car last friday violation is I park in no stopping, I usually park on that are for more than 7 months didn't see the sign that no stopping either way. Then with City of Burnaby i have to send them $64 for that atotal $173 for nothing. They are ripping people around I was devastated and shocked by the act of these people, they just want money out of you pocket I hope they die soon early .
N  4th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Hey resident of Burnaby, you how much the officer makes a yearly, so don't say that we as tax payer are the one who pays their salary. maybe u work in city of Burnaby ha?Get lost!!
N  22nd of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
I would like to thank the City of Burnaby for being fair when resolving a parking/tow away ticket. I was towed after signs had been posted that warned of an upcoming event...these signs were too far from my car to immediately see them, and my car was towed. However, after complaining to the bylaw department, a kind gentleman came over to my house with pictures (as I didn't see the signs, I vehemently claimed they weren't there), showed me where my car was in relation to the pictures, and settled the matter. As a sign of good faith (no pun intended), he excused me from the parking ticket, leaving me with the bill for towing, which was $116. It's always a good practise to examine the immediate area around your car, and make sure there are no signs that were not visible from your car, but covering the area where your car is parked.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree