City Advantage Protection Plan / Unable to resolve my issue, then terminated coverage due to technicality

1 9950 Mayland DriveRichmond, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-843-8429

I bought the CityAdvantage Protection Plan when I bought my HP Pavilion dv1000 laptop. After the manufacturer's warranty expired, the laptop began shutting itself down randomly. On some days, I would be working on a big document and would lose work when it happened, not to mention the time to boot back up and get back to where I was. I didn't call at first, but eventually called to discuss the issue with the techs on a couple of occaisions who tried to suggest ways for me to fix it. They always suggested that it was a software issue. They had me defrag, etc. They never did any diagnosis. They had thick accents and didn't seem to know much about how to resolve it. The third time I called, I planned to try to force them to take it in for diagnosis, but they informed me that my protection had just expired. I said that there was an open ticket and that the problem was not resolved. They told me that since 30 days had passed since my last call, the ticket had expired and that they could not help me.

Comments

21st of Jul, 2009
    City Advantage Protection Plan - Laptop Warranty
    Circuit City
    Idaho

I purchased an extended warranty for my laptop. Now that it is broken I have called numerous times trying to get help and they have no record of my purchase. I faxed it to them and still they say I did not purchase one. They keep giving me the runaround and I doubt they intend to help me at all.