City 2 City Van Lines / Deceitful and Unprofessional

1 White Plains, NY, United States Review updated:

I was given a date, a time and a total moving cost. The only thing that was right was the date. The movers were supposed to be there at 9am. They didn't get there until 10am. Finally, the 4 movers came, (only 3 actually worked, which is ok), but the "Boss" and driver was horrible. He came in and asked me about the cost of the move. When I told him, he said it would be an additional $300. He said the price quoted was much too low and that a mistake was made. He said he could move my things for the quoted price but he could only take certain things. The additional boxes and packing that I was promised, was not given to me. I was in tears. I had no recourse since I had to vacate that day. As soon as everything (what they agreed to take) was moved into the storage area, I was asked to sign a document stating that they had completed certain tasks. I refused. I also reminded this horrible man that I have a contract and that I would see him in court. He immediately apologized and asked why I hadn't shown him the contract sooner. I asked him how he could go to a job without a copy of the contract. He then offered to go back and pack and move everything else to storage. After much thought, I accepted. After all, who has time to go to court. And I only had myself to pack and move the rest of my belongings.
I thought I should let the owner know what happened, the person who gave me the quoted contract. (I had not been able to contact him throughout this day.) I eventually got him, Jordan Ross, on the phone. He apologized and explained that this man was new and he was actually fired shortly after, because of another complaint. I told Jordan that I was intending to blog this complaint. He then suggested that he could refund some of the cost of the move, $150. to be exact. I'm still waiting.
So, here is this complaint.
DON'T USE THEM FOR MOVING ANYTHING!

Ma

More City 2 City Van Lines Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      6th of Dec, 2008

THIS CLIENT WAS GIVEN A ESTIMATE FOR 800.00---BASED ON INVENTORY WE MOVED EVERYTHING PACK ALL GLASS TOPS SHELVES GAVE FREE WARDROBES PACK ABOUT 25 FREE BOXES GAVE FREE BOXES FOR HER OWN PACKING THIS CLIENT STILL HAD DISHES IN THE CABINET BOOKS CLOTHES STILL IN CLOSETS AND SHELVES WE HAD TO MAKE TWO TRIPS TO ACCOMADATE HER AND WE STILL DID NOT CHARGE HER 1 PENNY MORE--THE MOVE DIDNT TAKE TWO DAYS WE DELIVERED THE ITEMS TO THE STORAGE FAC IN AMPLE TIME WE WENT OUT OF OUR WAY TO RELIVE THE STRESS OF MOVING NOTHING WAS BROKEN NOTHING WAS STOLEN WHEN WE GIVE A TIME FOR PICK-UP WE TELL THE CLIENT BETWEEN 9-10 AM WE SHOWED UP AT 9.45 ITS UNBELIEVEABLE PEOPLE CAN JUST PUT A COMPLAINT IN WHEN WE DID EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK NO ADDTL CHARGES[EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS NOT READY]---I SENT HER A CK 150.00 SHE NEVER CALLED TO TELL US SHE DIDNT RECEIVE THE CK I WOULD GLADLY HAD SENT HER ANOTHER CK NOW I WILL PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON THE CK I WILL TAKE THIS CLIENT TO COURT FOR SLANDER WE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT NEVER CHARGED ANY ADDTL MONIES PACKED MUCH MORE THAN WE WERE SUPPOSED TO ITS AMAZING ANYBODY CAN PUT A COMPLAINT WITH NO INVESTIAGTION-----

26th of Jan, 2009

My fiancé and I needed a moving crew and we needed one fast. We sent our info to an online quote, where the info is sent to different moving companies. Within an hour we received a phone call from an associate of City 2 City Vanlines, a little hesitant, he put the owner on the phone, Jordan Ross, and he asked if he could come over to give us an exact estimate rather than guessing. We agreed, and a half hour later, Jordan showed up, we sat we talked, friendly conversation, the kind of guy you can call “friend.” He eventually swept the apartment, gave us a great deal at an hourly rate. Because of the aura and kind nature we decided to give him business right away. He not only was excited but THANKFUL for the work. We needed boxes so before he left, he told us to save our money, he gave us 15 boxes and tape right away. He said if you need more no problem. We had five days before our move, we received a phone call everyday confirming the move and to ask how the packing was going. The day finally came, last Sunday, Jan. 25th, four men showed up and immediately started working. We were living in a fifth floor walk up and not once did they stop to take a break, they were diligent, and the process was expedited quickly which was nice. When we got to our new apartment the process went even faster, and we were in our apartment before the time we wanted and the estimate was exactly what was discussed. Jordan Ross is a FAIR and HONEST man, and also a man who CARES about keeping his men employed. Nothing was broken and the process took 5 hours. To me that is amazing, my fiancé and I had a wonderful, wonderful experience with City 2 City Vanlines, and we would hire them again in a heartbeat, SERIOUSLY! Jordan if you are reading this, THANK YOU AGAIN.

Jonathan & Talana