Citizens Bank / bad customer service

United States Review updated:

This is an example of the height of stupidity. With a valid state issued, Mass ID I was still not able to go to the teller to take out money at one particular branch. There was a question of how I signed my name, no security questions were asked or anything. Instead, I was asked to leave and go to another branch. I actually had to use the ATM machine and go to another branch to get the rest of my money. Good luck with your "zero loss" goals. Then a few days later, I receive a letter in the mail stating that they were going to close my account because of my "outburst." How would you feel when you go someplace with correct identification and are still denied service. When on payday, you can't get your money to pay your bills that are due and past due...no food in your house...how calm would you be? Worried about your "zero
loss" bonus then have the audacity to think if you threaten to "close" my account that I would "go away." Think again!

Comments

• Sk
      7th of May, 2012

Very strange behaviour for a bank to ask an account holder to leave their premises and then close their account a few days later.

• Br
      7th of May, 2012

"Then a few days later, I receive a letter in the mail stating that they were going to close my account because of my "outburst." - The devil is in the details.

• Th

Did someone say devil?

• Br
      7th of May, 2012

Now now liddy, you behave.

• Je
      29th of Sep, 2015

last Saurday afternoon I went to the ATM to deposit a check, the ATM spit back the ck, I tried again (2)x then it said my pin was incorrect, I have had that pin for 20 yrs. then it swallowed my card. . I came home and called the 800 customer service # and was told it was an ATM error and to go back to the branch on Monday, I explained tothat, that the branch does not prove that ATM it is done by an armored car service, she said nothing can be done, I have a bal. of $2000.00 and can not use my money. fast forward Monday a.m. called Branch and got nowhere, so I went down to the branch, the cust. ser, rep.Tim Ronk, said just like I told the rep on the phone, nothing can be done until middle of week, today Tuesday I go into branch, and only 1 person at the desk, this "Sr. personal banker" Charaun Meertins, was in conversation with an other employee, laughing and joking, she looked at me like I was interfering, after 10 min. she stopped talking and called me into her desk, then said you have to wait I have customers on the phone, I asked her what about the customer at the desk in front of her, ? she said I had to wait. finally she heard my story and presented my card, BUT I needed 2 forms of ID> .the former Manager of 30 yrs .retired and NOW the office is serviced by theses, no Manager. I showed my 2 ID and left, if my FEd. Pension did not go in my acc, by direct dep. I would fly out of there. These have NO cust. ser. and no reguard for a good customer, no one cares. that branch is in Loudonville N>Y>