CitiMortgage / pay off of a mortgage

1 P.O.Box 6243Sioux Falls, SD, United States Review updated:

My complaint is against Citi Mortgage due to the way that my Pay off of my Mortgage has been treated. Me and my husband filled out for bankruptcy on Oct. 2014 We signed a Reaffirmation agreement with CitiMortgage and the bankruptcy lawyer sent it to CitiMortgage. When my husband passed away on Nov 2014. I got the life insurance from my husband and I sent the payoff for the mortgage to Citi Mortgage. I was short on my payment by $1, 161.00 dollars. This was in April 2015, when I request from them the payoff; they said they could not do it because I was in bankruptcy. BY the way I CAME OUT from Bankruptcy on July 2015. When I spoke to my lawyer he told me they had the Reaffirmation agreement they should not deny my payoff. When I kept calling them about this, they still keep denying me my payoff. Finally my bankruptcy lawyer found out in August of 2014 that the bank did not record my Reaffirmation agreement. I requested from them my payoff again after my lawyer found out that they not recorded my RA and the payment was almost two thousand dollars now. They explained to me that the amount has been rising because the interest that they have to apply to the remaining balance until now. I have been calling this bank since April 2015 when I sent my payoff. I tried calling the bank executive asking them why I have been punished to pay interest when the fault was on their side. Because according to my lawyer I should not been paying interest since they had everything to apply the payoff and communicate to me the remaining balance. Since my husband dead this has been the worst nightmare. My husband was a servicemen of this country . So I am being punished for an error that CitiMortgage did. I have filled out a Complain with the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau but at the same time I want everybody to know that CitiMortgage is not the company to make business with. I tried to contact the Office of the President but they would not give me any phone or address. This people are rude heartless they are there only to see how much more interest they can get from people like me. Finally I paid the pay off with the interest on Dec 2015 before the keep applying more interest to the remaining balance. I want the back to recognize that they acted in bad faith. I want the interest of 1359 dollars back to me. This interest was applied to a balance of 1161.10 and my mortgage interest was 4.5 % so you can tell here they are abusing. I want and indemnification for all the grieving, rudeness and bad customer service that added more pain to my husband dead.

Ed
Jan 13, 2016

Comments

• Ba
      1st of Feb, 2016

My home mortgage was bought by CitiMortgage in 2008. Since than 3 times I have received a letter from them stating we misses a payment, they added extra interest and penalties that went into the thousands. The first time they said the payment we missed was from 2005 ya that's right we didn't have our mortgage with them at that time.
    I have gone to great length to prove to them they were wrong. They had me jumping through hoops and still did not admit to doing anything wrong after I sent them proof from my bank that all payments have been made. Here we go again for the last 4 months I have had to go through this again at the same time I have had 2 major cancer surgeries..I have not received a statement, continue to send my payments in. Recently found out they do not even report payment to the credit bureau. As soon as I fully recover I will be looking to refinance. This company is the worst, they try to ripe you off every chance they get

• Se
    CitiMortgage - payments
    Citimortgage
    Florida

I also have a complaint with Citimortgage. They have lost my payments and it has taken them 9 months to tell me what month they now can't find. 6 months ago our mortgage was redone. This payment that they say they can't find should have been included in the new mortgage. However I have sent them bank statement showing I made all my payments. Citimortgage has now sold my loan to a new company and I refuse to send my payments to them until this is cleared up. They still go to Citimortgage. What a screwed up company. Include me in any class action lawsuits.

• Tr
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Try class action lawsuit - http://cases.milberg.com/citimortgage

• Va
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I have been paying my mortgage ahead, but they have been holding onto the payments.I filed bankruptcy but not on my home, I am keeping my home.I just received a letter saying i owe almost 10, 000.00 for payments not received and late fees.I've paid and i disagree with them.I think somebody is carrupt at citimortgage now that i've seen all these other people that are so upset by them.Should'nt they have to submit some kind of proof.I can prove I 've paid.