Citimortgage Loss Draft / failure to release funds due

1 Edmond, OK, United States Review updated:

My feeling is they have the check you put the roof on because we put the roof on, and they have the money. We received an insurance check made out to me and CitiMortgage for loss of our roof. They have delayed and stone walled with paper work, many different answers, inspections, everything that happens requires 3-7 business days. They are in fact delaying payments because every day they have all this money is another day for them to collect interest from your money. AND THEY HAVE A JOB BECAUSE OF OUR TAXES. IT IS THE POOREST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN 50 YEARS. WE HAVE PAYED FOR THE ROOF, AND THEY HAVE THE MONEY. NEXT TIME . . . WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER MORTGAGE COMPANY OR THEY MAKE THE NECESSARY REPAIRS -- THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES CAN PUT YOU IN THE HOSPITAL.

Comments

So
  30th of Jul, 2009

Check out this free service

www.myrecoveryresolution.com

they handle the checks and you don't have to call the mortgage company once!

Mh
  9th of Dec, 2009

I have a similar problem with CityMortgage. I started my claim in July of 2009 and as of today, December 8, 2009 the contractor who roofed my house and the painting company who painted my house after a major hail storm have still not been paid. It is almost laughable because each time I call them they say that they need another paper which they say they do not have. These are papers I have already sent them, and of which I have a copy. They keep asking for small changes to be made and the papers sent again on the pages they do have.

I feel sorry for my contractors because they have done the work expecting to get paid, and the mortgage company refuses to pay them. In this case, the mortgage company does not even need to send me money, just pay the contractor...yet they stall and delay.

Very unfortunate situation! If there is an option out there to NOT use CityMortgage, I highly recommend you look there first.

Ha
  2nd of Oct, 2011

I received an insurance check made out to me and CitiMortgage for loss of my roof and other hail damage which occurred in July, 2011. They have delayed and stone walled with paper work, many different answers, inspections, outright lies, and everything that happens requires 3-7 business days. They are in fact delaying payments because every day they have all this money is another day for them to collect interest from your money. AND THEY HAVE A JOB BECAUSE OF OUR TAXES. IT IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED. I HAVE PAYED FOR THE ROOF AND OTHER REPAIRS, AND YET THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE THE MONEY. I had the same problem with them in 2009, and did not get a check for over 6 months. I am contacting my Senator and my Representative. I want to know which Federal agency has oversight on a company that the American Taxpayer had to bailout, and one which is an "International financial conglomerate" according to their own website.