CitiMortgage / beware

In Nov 08 I decided to try and get my interest rate reduced by submitting a workable solutions package. I was told it would take approx 45 days for a response. I am still waiting. On Friday, Dec 19, 2008 I received an "Urgent" UPS overnight envelope from Cititmortgage asking me to immediately contact them about a new "loan modification" program available to customers. I contacted Citimortgage first thing the following Monday morning, Dec 23. I faxed over all the requested documentation and was told someone would contact me within 2 weeks. I am still waiting. So now I am in limbo with 2 separate programs Citimortgage is supposedly working on to modify my loan. To make matters more complicated, which I take full responsibility for, when I paid my January 1, 09 payment, I physically walked it in to Citibank however I missed my cut-off time to deposit funds into my personal bank account which I wrote my mortgage check on. So the one time the check clears the same day it did and I had insufficient funds. I called Citimortgage to alert them to the fact and they said not to worry, this was common and that they would deposit the check a 2nd time and I would not receive a thirty day late on my credit. So when 1/28 rolled around and the check still had not been re-deposited I got worried and phoned Citimortgage, I was again told not to worry the check had not been sent back by my bank yet and that once they receive it, it would be re-deposited. So today, 2/9/09 I receive a letter dated 2/2, postmarked 2/6 stating that my account is delinquent and to submit certified funds in the amount of $8K in order to bring my account current. Needless to say $8K is much higher than my payment amount. I phoned Cititmortgage and after being on the phone for about 2 hours and speaking with 6 separate people I was finally told they did try to re-deposit my check for a 2nd time and it bounced again. I was furious. My funds far exceeded the check amount daily. I also verified with my bank manager that Citimortgage never re-deposited the check a 2nd time. My bank manager is preparing a letter to Citimortgage stating these facts. If they were just honest from the beginning I would have paid the mortgage in cash, but I trusted the information that they would be re-depositing my check a 2nd time which they never did. Now I have a 30 day late on my credit report because I made the mistake and relied upon inaccurate information from Citimortgage. My gut tells me my check was sitting there all along for the past 4 weeks and they waited until I was passed the 30 day mark to slam me with extra fees and a mark on my credit. Not to mention I am still waiting on the reply for my loan modification 81 days later. On Bloomberg Financial TV, Financial Experts state CITI is considered one of the worst banks in the industry and should not be bailed out, but since CITI is so big the government is afraid to let it go under. I am not sure what can be done to protect ourselves from gigantic mess of a company.

Comments

• Gm
      22nd of Mar, 2009

We also have been waiting since NOV 08 on our Hardship Solutions application. We sent our 1st one in the end of November, was advised by CITI Mtg to send a second application plus fax it. We did and again the 3rd time told to do the same and we are now on our 4th faxing and mailing of a Workable Solutions Hardship application and our 1st, 2nd, 3rd have not been heard from...
    Is this for real..? NO we think they are FRAUDing the public just because they can...
    We are still needing help with a payment reduction. We have been on the phone as long as 4 hrs to only be disconnected by them... Disconnection is a normal way with them because they don't intend to help their customers..

• Mu
      29th of Apr, 2009

I applied for the Hardship Solutions package and received my call today. Because my expenses exceed my income I am not eligible. Eligibility applies only to those who's income and expenses are equal. They had the nerve to ask me to cut back on my grocery spending and to increase my income. Sure, I will get to work on increasing that income right away.

And like many, many others on this board I too have had escrow problems with them ever since I bought this home.

• So
      6th of May, 2009

I have heard back from them too. I am currently making my mortgage payments and have never missed one or been late. Yet. The loss mitigation rep told me based on my Hardship assistance application that I DO qualify for assistance. But...
    There is a "trial Period" where they will reduce my monthly payment for 3 months. Then at the end of 3 months they review my file and decide whether or not to mod my loan. He would not give any indication of what the modification could/would be. So after the trial period if they do decide to mod the loan the amount of money i did not pay as part of the trial period gets worked into the new modified loan. However if they DONT modify my loan then i owe them all the missed payments for those 3 months. To make things worse there is another catch too, my credit takes a hit for Missed/Late payments over 90 days.

Why is it that i am supposed to become delinquent on my payments? This makes absolutely no sense to me at all since according to the Loss mitigation person I DO QUALIFY Already. If i Qualify then I qualify. Whats up with needing to wreck my good credit. What if at some point i want to go out and purchase a new home in the future... Now i cant get a loan or a good rate because my credit report shows 90 days delinquent payments on my mortgage.

Not only that but their mod program that they wouldnt comment on goes something like the following according to one person's comments who has gone through this process in its entirety...

Say your current rate is 7.5%, they will give you a new rate of 5.5% for 12 months then 6.5% for the next 12 months then your loan adjusts back up to 7.5% for 40 years.

For me this amounts to a savings of about $200 per month for 40 years. I am already 5 years into a 30 year fixed, it makes no sense to add on 15 years of interest to save a mere $200 a month. Has anyone else actually modded their loans or gotten offers like these?

• Sc
      21st of Jul, 2009

My story is similar in trying to get refinanced through workable solutions. Citi has several departments working on my loan, and none of them seem to know nor care what the other department is doing - they constantly are contradicting each other. I can't get the same person on the phone twice. My mail and phone messages are ignored. I don't have a payment book nor am I getting any invoices, so I don't know what to pay when. Yet they keep sending me threatening letters saying I'm not paying. And the worst is that they've had at least one, maybe two, private investigators trespassing on my property and on the neighbor's property, and this evening when my kids were getting ready for bed and I was doing laundry on another floor of our home, someone from Citi walked right into my house without being invited and without my knowledge and asked my 11 year old daughter to give me a note. The note was crudely written in both English and Spanish, with a phone number, but no identifying information as to whom it was from. When I called the number, CitiMortgage loss mitigation dept. answered! My children are scared to death. You are right - these are horrible people with too much power. What can "we the people" do about this???

• Jg
      9th of Sep, 2009

My complaint is against CITIMORTGAGE and is related to extreme escalated ESCROW charges applied to my “Un-Escrowed” account around May ’09, which doubled my mortgage payment of $1, 206.00… to $2, 400.00. I had paid all of my taxes by early June ’09 but was eventually locked into escalated mortgage payments due to errors committed by CITIMORTGAGE’S Banking, Escrow, Tax and Customer Service Department(s). In early August CM locked me into projected escrow balances and the elevated payment is now cemented at $1800.00, $1422.00 and now $1600.00 not sure because each Customer Service "phone fiasco: rep informs me of different amounts day-to-day, week-to-week.
    I fear by the time my complaint is eventually reviewed by the Attorney General’s office…and the OCC I will be “locked into” foreclosure. I have been in communication w/ CM weekly and even daily and recently enlisted the folks at Hope for Homeowners (a federally funded Consumer resource group) to delete the escrow from my account. The following timeline details the chain of event since March ’09 to the present: (Exact dates can be provided for the following timeline if this issue goes to litigation).

In Mid March ’09: Regular mo. payment to CITIMORTGAGE was $1206.00/mo. In March ’09 I sent a certified check for $3500.00 (issued from my Credit Union) for delinquent taxes directly to the my County Tax Office (YCTO). In March I still owed $4300.00 and made arrangements to pay the balance in June ’09. This was approved by my local County Tax office as I had until mid July ’09 to pay the balance.
    Mid April ’09 – CITIMORTGAGE (CM) issued a check to the local County Tax Office (YCTA) for $7, 800.00. Upon receipt of the CM check, YCTO immediately issued a rebate check of $3500.00 to CM for the $3500.00 I had already paid the previous month. I was not notified or CC’d of the rebate transaction to CM.
    Early June ’09: Oblivious to the rebate…on June 10th I called (CTA) for the exact TAX balance as I was ready to send in the 2nd Certified Check. I was informed CM had paid $7800.00 (the balance of $4333.37 was now $0) and finally informed a rebate of $3500.00 had been issued to First Bank of America for delivery to CM’S Tax department to be credited to my escrowed account. Around this time I began receiving incessant calls from CMS’ automated Bill Collection dept. stating I owed $2400.00 for the month of June? I was surprised to hear this as I was current on my mortgage payments at this time. When I would call back the Bill Collection folks @ CM they said so not worry this would all be AOK when the $3500.00 was finally applied…. they would keep checking as it had not yet showed up.
    Mid June ’09: CM Escrow and Customer Service folks said I would be able to apply for deletion of the escrow on my account if I resolved the remaining balance of $4333.37 and they would track down and apply the $3500.00 to my remaining balance I would be at $0 balance I could fill out an escrow deletion form and resume my original payment of $1206.00.
    I immediately sent a personal check to CM for $4333.37 noted “apply to escrow”. Check was received and applied immediately but the escrow balance was still $3500.00 for the missing check… concerned I called local CTO Controller’s office and confirmed the check had definitely been sent in May.. When I called CM to check if received they promised to keep checking the system… and would $0 out my escrow balance when they found it. (I paid my normal payment of $1206.00 in June certain any day this would be resolved when the check was finally located.) I made several check up calls to CM for the remainder of June still not concerned at this time.
    Early July ’09: Rebate check is still lost at the First bank of America and now my cell phone rings from 7:00AM to 11:00 at night (cell records will confirm) as now I owe another payment of $2400.00. I make another $1200.00 payment… hoping an adjustment will be made when the rebate is applied and the escrow is zero. The only good news is now my payment is “only $1800.00 due to the $4333.37 finally adjusted on my escrow. I am growing concerned because it appears I will not be credited the $3500.00… I paid in good faith back in mid March ’09 to my Local County Tax office.
    Mid July ’09: I called CTO again and "conferenced in" the Tax Office w/ Customer Service at CM. During this call it was apparent (after almost 3 months) the check was still in limbo and I was pressing for the escrow deletion to get my payments back to normal. During the conference call we all decided that CTO would stop payment on the check and issue the rebate to me… then I could forward the check then submit another personal check for the $3500.00 to CM to $0 and delete the escrow. The check came from CTO the next week and was deposited into my account. I called CM and let them know the check had arrived and would be paying down the escrow as soon as the check hit my account.
    End of July ’09: Called Customer Service and asked to be patched to the escrow department… was on the line w/ Craig and brought on Regina we were in a 3-way call… the record will show 99% of the time I pay CM w/ check by phone. Both escrow agents assured me the $3500.00 would be applied to the escrow. I authorized the payment and was assured the escrow would be deleted and I could expect my normal pay schedule to resume. Finally the rebate had come full circle.
    Early August ’09 – Phone calls from CM's Automated Bill Collection harrassment come in from 7:00AM -11:00AM for monthly payment of $1800.00. When I called CM to check on the escrow deletion nothing had changed. During this call I found out CM (On August 1st) had paid ahead as well as projected my 2010 taxes allowing them to keep the inflated mortgage payment and now I was locked into projected escrow payments.
    Mid August ’09 - After approximately 20 calls from early to mid –August most ending in disconnects after hours of being on terminal “HOLD” (cell phone records will verify) I discovered the $3500.00 was misappropriated to pay the "escalated" Mortgage payments. This was a blatant lie to me from the 2 CM escrow agents and countless other CM reps over the past 3.5 months. My CTO recommended I contact the Department of Banking (OCC). I have filed a claim and I’m on a waiting list… I also filed a complaint w/ my Attorney General's office. Recent calls to CM have been w/ the HOPE for Homeowners counselors conferenced in to witness my attempts to resolve and avoid litigation. The “Hope for Homeowners” counselors, referred by the OCC WEBSITE, have been on the phone with me and CM up to 3 hours at time while we spoke to “Escrow Supervisors” who are the first second and third line of defense for getting through to anyone who had a clear picture of my account information. Taking names and ID #’s are useless… an hour w/ Leslie ID# 22594 (she was filing an escalated request to a senior supervisor) we were disconnected. We got her back on by luck were put on hold and disconnected again… then we spoke to Nancy we asked for her ID and were immediately disconnected… We called back, and Shabir a gentleman who proceeded to tell us IDs# are not useful it is not possible or names as there is no way to get the original Supervisor back on the phone. It is a maze of unaccountability… Shabir said my monthly mortgage payment is now $1442.00 but would go to $1006.00 if I paid my projected balance of close to $5000.00 dollars is paid. I am certain CM is doing this to others as YCTO advised me to contact your office. Please help me bring them to accountability for deceptive practices.

• Co
      16th of Sep, 2009

Just went through a home modification due to the loss of my job . I submitted the hardship paperwork back in September of 2008. I had only missed two payments but needed help catching up. Citimortgage lost my paperwork the first time. I then had to resubmitt the second time. I called everyday and also would sit on the phone for hours trying to get the issue resolved. Finally in Jan 2009 my modification was approved but I had to continue to make my payments for three months on time, which was not a problem. The money that I paid was never applied to my mortgage, but put into a sub- account, thus causing my mortgage to appear even later then it really was. Finally after speaking to at least 100 representatives with diffent stories, my new loan paperwork was sent to me. I sent the paperwork back only to get an additional bill for all the late charges and drive bys to see if my home was still being occupied. I was told in October that this would take 45 days. No one ever called me, I called them. Mind you I was only two months behind, but my credit reflects 10 months of late payments, which is untrue. I have called the FDIC and filed a complaint. I recommend you do the same. This is unfair practice my opinion, that they purposely took 10 months to complete my paperwork thus charging me late fees. I have contacted Citi but they are not willing to remove the late charges which were a result of them being understaffed and changing governement regulations.

• Et
      4th of Jan, 2010

I HAVE HAD A HORRIFIC TIME DEALING WITH THE CEO, AN APPOINTED PERSON DUE TO MY COMPLAINT, THE ESCROW AND LOSS MIT. DEPTS. NONE OF THEIR STORIES ARE TRUE OR
    CONSISTENT! THIS IS SEVEN MONTHS OF CONFUSION AND DISAPPOINTMENT AND THEIR
    DEMANDING MONEY CONSTANTLY, NOT APPLYING THE MONEY PROPERLY, NOT ALLOWING
    ME TO SEE WHAT I AM BEING CHARGED FOR (I.E. $15/MO. FOR DRIVE BY'S), REFUSING TO
    APPLY MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO MY MORTGAGE, HOLDING AS MUCH AS $7, 200 IN A
    "HOLDING ACCT" USING MY MONEY FOR FREE...AND CLAIMING I HAVE NOT PAID MY PAYMENTS TO ALL THE CREDIT UNIONS, PROMISING TO DO THE LOAN MODIFICATION WHEN THEY HAD NO INTENTION OF PUTTING IT THROUGH, DOUBLE TALKING AND LYING TO YOU!

I HAVE HAD IT! I HAVE ANOTHER LOAN FROM THEM, PERFECTLY FINE! THIS LOAN ABOVE...

I REQUESTED THE TAXES IN AN ESCROW ACCT. THE PROBLEMS BEGAN THERE! ESCROW CHARGES ARE WAY ABOVE WHAT THE TAXES ARE. THEY CLAIM MY $2, 106 PYMT IS NOW $2, 700! NO
    CLEAR EXPLANATION. I WOULD NOT TAKE ONE OF THEIR MODIFICATIONS NOW THAT I KNOW
    WHAT THEY ARE PULLING ON THE PUBLIC, IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!!! THEY ARE CLEARLY
    IN TROUBLE FINANCIALLY AND WANT US TO PAY FOR IT! I HAVE CANCELLED MY 20 YR OLD
    CITIBANK CARD THAT HAS A LOW BALANCE, SINCE THEY ARE GOUGING US FOR 15-25%!!!

IT IS NOT NEW NEWS, THAT CITIBANK GROUP, WHO TOOK THE BAILOUT, CAN'T PAY IT BACK!

I INHERITED CITIMTG. WHO TOOK OVER ABN-AMRO, WHOM I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH. I OWN
    FOUR HOMES AND NONE OF THEM...HAVE I EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH. I HAD A GOOD CREDIT RATING UNTIL I ASKED FOR A MODIFICATION. THEY SEEM TO THINK THEY CAN CHARGE THE WORLD
    AND THREATEN YOU WITH ...ALL THE FEES...IF YOU DON'T CONTINUE IN THEIR BOGUS PROGRAM! WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STAND UP TO THESE LEGALESE THIEVES AND DEMAND
    OUR FINANCIAL RIGHTS AND NOT...THE "O" PROGRAM THAT ISN'T WORKING AND NEVER WAS
    FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE.

WE THE PEOPLE...NEED TO GET OUR RIGHTS BACK...FINANCIAL AND OTHERWISE AND STOP
    BEING BULLIED BY THESE WEALTHY THIEVES WITH NO GOOD INTENTIONS BUT TO ROB US, RUIN OUR CREDIT AND TRY TO STEAL OUR HOMES!!!
    THIS IS AN OUTRAGE AND OUR GOVERNMENT AND SENATORS SHOULD NOT ALLOW IT!

WHEN I ASK FOR DOCUMENTATION, I GET NONE. WHEN I SENT IN A LARGE PRINCIPAL PAYMENT
    FOR THE OTHER HOME MTG I HAVE WITH THEM, THEY IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED THAT PAYMENT
    TO THE MODIFICATION LOAN PROGRAM AND NOW THEY ARE DEMANDING ANOTHER $9, 000
    ONE MONTH LATER! LIARS AND THIEVES! NO STRAIGHT ANSWERS. JUST BITS AND PIECES TO
    FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO TO ALL OF US. NO PROBLEMS UNTIL I ASKED FOR AN
    "ESCROW ACCT. FOR MY TAXES". I ALSO GOT THE "JUST THREE MONTHS PROMISE AND ALL WILL
    BE FINE" SEEMS THEY ARE READING THIS OFF A SHEET TO ALL OF US!

WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME STEW KETTLE; HOWEVER, I AM TIRED OF ALL THE LONG PHONE CALLS,
    LIES, UNKEPT PROMISES, FILLING OUT PAPERS (FOR WHAT?), AND BEING THREATENED MONTHLY
    AND EVEN HUD REP TOLD ME "ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY!" SHE ALSO SAID MOST OF HER
    CLIENTS WERE NOT GETTING THE MODIFICATION EITHER, TAKING OVER EIGHT MONTHS.

I FOR ONE CANNOT GO ON WITH THREATS, AGGREVATION, AND NOT KNOWING WHAT OR WHERE
    THEY ARE HIDING MY MONEY, WHILE THEY RUIN MY CREDIT! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AND DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU SEE ME TALKING TO SENATORS OR ON TV FIGHTING FOR ALL OUR
    LEGAL AND FINANCIAL RIGHTS TO KEEP OUR HOMES AND CREDIT IN TACT! [protected]@GMAIL.COM
    READY TO DO SOMETHING SOON BEFORE THE

• Gp
      19th of Jan, 2010

You are absolutely correct. After an agreed upon deferred payment plan with the CitiMortgage department misleadingly called the Home Retention Unit in Rocky Hill, Ct. I was lead to believe my Mortgage would be modified in one of several different plans underway. This was based upon information I gave to CitMortgage when I entered into that agreement. I was told to pay $1080.00 per month instead of my usual $2290 at the end of the month for 6 months and then after August (the 6th month) my loan would be modified in one of several ways increasing the length of the loan, refinancing etc. I was told that they were unsure how this would go since they themselves were just becoming familiar with plans initiated by President Obama. I was concerned about the ever rising tab I was building but they told me I was in the same boat as thousands of others, and that because of the vast amounts of cases they were handling the paperwork was on a long delay. They kept mentioning a "package" that I would be receiving in the mail sometime after August. That time frame came and went and the payment plan was extended from September and on each month through December. I was told month after Month the package was to be mailed to me but was delayed or unexpectedly lost in the system etc. I was reassured each month that I was in the same situation as thousands of others. Then one day in December I was told that Home Retention Unit was no longer in charge of my file. It was now in the hands of Loss Mitigation Unit and the calm reassurance was over. In January I was told that the "package" I had been waiting for all this time was a down-loadable file called the "Customer Hardship Assistance Package" I was told to complete it ASAP which I did. I faxed the 10 page (with supporting Data) file back to Loss Mitigation and after a few days they called me back again to verify a few items on the list. I was put on hold and 5 minutes later I was told I was not a candidate for the Obama plan modification or any other plan for that matter. By now since the start of the agreement in April I was 10 months behind on my mortgage and would need to send them a check for $22, 724.60 immediately. If that wasn't possible the deficit could be repaid over one year along with my usual mortgage payment of $2209.00. The monthly payment on the deficit would be an additional $1894.00 per month for 12 months. This would come out to $4103.00 per month for 12 months. When I asked if this could be spread over a longer time frame I got the "I'll ask my supervisor" and "No, that is not possible" 1 minute later. When Citibank was in trouble they got a far more sensitive response from the US Government. I realize where I went wrong in handling my finances that I had taken on too much debt because I had always been able to consolidate it by refinancing with the ever increasing equity in my home. I was an idiot but one of millions of idiots who didn't think it would end. The people who refinanced just before the crash all are different than me only in the pure luck of getting in before the sky fell. I realize that another group of people are doing alright because they showed the restraint to live within their budget, bravo to them but the economy ran at full rpms on the sub-group I was in or we wouldn't have gotten into this trouble. I can't see the logic of the banks who provided the loans and the needed their own loans to recover now acting judgmentally towards the people who took them up on the loans the offered so freely. I'm not asking for a handout just a reasonable term or arrangement that would repay my loans and not leave the bank with another foreclosure that benefits no one.

• Sm
      6th of Oct, 2010

I do have a similar story...I applied for a loan mod in January 2008. I repeatedly asked if this move would destroy my credit, the woman I spoke w/ Diane, said NO. My credit would only look bad for the first few months but once (if) the Mod went through, it would be as if I never did anything to "hurt" my credit. I ask OVER and OVER "ARE YOU SURE!!" because I did not want to ruin my credit. Diane assured me that that would not be the case. I had informed Citimortgage that my company was going through changes and although I COULD afford my mortgage (and probably could for the next few months) things were headed for a change and i would be losing at least 1, 300 a month due to these changes. She said she understood and I felt she was simpathetic to my problem. I wrote my letter, as I was advised, telling my story of hardship and sent it out right away. I received a call two months later letting me know that I qualified for a Home Loan Modificaion. Diane then asked, " So, what can you pay a month?" I informed her of my situation and told her that I was being proactive but I could still make my mortgage payment but probably wouldnt be able to in the next 3 months...She said, "So...if you give me an amount we can work with it..." I did not understand what she meant? Did she want me to "pick" my mortrgage price?? I said, "Well we can afford 1, 500.00 a month?? " She said, "OH! well would you say 1, 000.00 would be appropiate?" Hmmmm...well yah Diane, huh? What are you talking about if I said 1500 then of course 1000 will work. I got off the phone I told my husband, "WOW, I think I just got coached!?!" Well, that was just the beginning of a total nightmare that almost cost me a marriage, a baby, and my mind. For TWO YEARS, July of 2010 to be exact, is when I was notified that my loan mod was accepted...this was after a TWO years of lost papers, check stubs, current check stubs, and current current check stubs. FYI to Citimortgage...if you give check stubs and I call... and YOU keep telling me to call back in a week, and I do...then you say you need more current check stubs, I send them...then call back... and when I do you say that those stubs arent current...well DUH! I guss I just need to buld a time machine to go in the future you idiots! Maybe if you would check the stubs when I send them and stop telling me I need to give you the info that, Oh WOW you already had, but the last person that checked my file said I hadnt...ARRRRGH!!! Seriously people, The last 3 months was people @ Citi telling me that things were going to the "Review" dept. and to call back in 7 days...when I did that they would say that I needed this document, or that check stub...IT WAS UNDER REVIEW FOR 3 MONTHS! One day I came home from work exhausted and crying and told my husband, "Screw it! I dont care if we lose this house. We fight all the time and have spent more money at Postal Annex than this house is worth! Eventually the clouds parted and we did FINALLY get the text that the loan mod was going through. Well now we do pay 500.00 less but our credit report says that we are over 90 days late on a motgage payment...WE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT! WE PAYED WHAT CITI BANK TOLD US TO!!! WE COULD'VE PAYED MORE AND THEIR COMPANY SAID NO...how is that fair?

• Tr
      20th of Apr, 2011

I am having problems with Citi Mortgage too. In December 2009 I signed an application online for a mortgage relief assistance. I was suppossed to receive a copy of these loan documents in the mail and I was suppossed to receive coupon books from CENLAR, which the payments would start 07/2010 to CENLAR. I never received the coupon books. In the meantime I filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in 4/2011. I have missed one payment from 5/10 to the present yet according to Citi Mortgage in their request for Relief From Stay I haven't made payments since December 2010. Compleltey false! I have been in dispute with Citi Mortgage over two payments that I sent in last year using money orders as I no longer have a bank account. Theyare not crediting those two payments and cannot account for that money. Thank goodness for receipts! I will present my receipts to the judge whenever a hearing is actually scheduled but they are not honest and I am wondering if Citi Mortgage or CENLAR actually holds the mortgage loan at this time.

• Ro
      1st of Jun, 2011

I went through the modification process and was denied because, "they could not find an affordable solution". Any solution would be better than the current one. I believe their programs are a scam to make the Government believe that they are trying to help people.