Citifinancial / Predatory 2nd mtg

1 Summerville, SC, United States Review updated:

Our 1st mtg was predatory 2/99 (they were sued and are out of business) and when we ran into problems with that citifinancial (we had an outstanding debt been refinanced repeatedly) said do a 2nd mtg 11/99. No appraisal, MANDATORY INSURANCE and all to the tune of 18.99 %. We recently found out about the predatory lending laws. But it is too late says our attorney. Our state laws won't let us do anything about it because after 5 years they are under an umbrella so we are sitting here holding the "bag". I Try calling Citifinancial and they say "Not our Problem Ha Ha" Well the joke is on alot of people in this state. I would like to hear from other people in this state who have been victimized by this company refinancing repeatedly and getting away with it.

Th

Comments

• Cs
      7th of Aug, 2008

I had a personal loan from CitiFinancial and paid this loan off on June 2000.

Years later I was taken to court for non payment of this loan. During this time I did not know I had paid my loan off. So I paid off the loan again.

August 1, 2008 I found a bill from CitiFinancial that was stamped paid in full. I then looked at my credit report and it also stated that my account with CitiFinancial was paid in full.

I called CitiFinancial customer service. I was told that my account was not paid and my loan was sold to a SADP Captial Company in 2002. They gave me the telephone number to this company. When I called the company I was told that SADP Company had went out of business in 2002.

I called company after company trying to find out who have my loan from CitiFinancial. I found out my CitiFinancial account was sold to two other companies.

I am still trying to get records about my loan account with CitiFinancial. Once I attain these records, I know it will show that I paid this loan twice.

If someone have any information that I can use to find my records, please email me ASAP.

Thanks