Citifinancial Mortgage / Foreclosure and insurance claim

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Because of poor customer service and lack of their employees documenting each phone encounter we ended up losing our home to foreclosure. We had a buyer willing to do a short sale and he experienced the same thing. Phone calls made to citifinancial were always repetative. No one we talked to had any idea of what was going on with our short sale. We had signed papers and thought everything was in order at one time and when the buyer contacted the bank to find out the status, he was told they lost the paperwork and to resubmit. This was done, but to no avail, we ended up losing our house in the end. In the midst of all this, we had a pipe break at the house on the second floor in the winter. The water ran for at least a week causing irreputable damage. We filed an insurance claim which took a while to work out. In the end, we ended up receiving a check made out to us and the mortgage company, by this time, the bank had taken our house and sold it. They no longer had possession. Now I am stuck with huge bills from the flood. The bank wont endorse the check because they no longer have an interest in the property, the insurance company needs a letter stating this before they can reissue the check. We called the bank and sent a letter requesting this release. I attempted to follow up on the letter I sent and everytime I contacted the bank, no one seemed to know what was going on and made me repeat the incident over and over. I would be transferred to someone else and again I would have to repeat the situation. I re sent the letter and have yet to hear back from them. We are in a dire situation because the check expires Oct. 1 and we have been working on this since May. Can someone help us.

Comments

• Do
      5th of Feb, 2009

They are very hard to get along with, #1 wont listen (there way are no way# 2 must hire anyone not professional, #3 if times were better i would change mortage company

• He
      15th of Apr, 2009

We too have been having a problem with citimortgage. When we refinanced are house we were told that we needed a survey done on the home, at the time citimortgage was doing a promo and told us all we had to pay was 250.00 to close. Because we were already with citimortgage do to them buying out our previous loan from another lender we were able to do the promo offer. We were told by the loan officer we would not have to pay for the survey after we told them we did not want to do the closing because of the additional cost. During the closing the survey was nowhere located on any of the documents. We even asked the person that was doing our closing about the survey. He said he didn't see it on the paperwork and we should be fine and that his job was to just make sure we signed everything correctly. Then we started getting bills from the survey company saying we owed them for the survey. After contacting citimortgage on several times nobody seems to know anything about it and the original loan officer who we spoke to is denying that she ever promise us anything. I am very very dissappointed with citimortgage I don't trust them and my advice to everyone make sure you get everything in writing that they promise to you. Because apparently people are willing to say anything to get a bonus and it will be to your expense. We will be looking for another mortgage company to refinance with. It is worth it to me to pay closing cost to someone else just to get out from under Citimortgage and not give them my interest money every month.

• He
      15th of Apr, 2009

Does anyone know how to contact someone higher up at citimortgage? If you contact their local number usually you get someone from India that you cannot understand. I would like to be able to speak to someone that won't just pass the buck on to someone else and be able to get some help.

• Ci
      4th of Sep, 2009

This company needs to stop lying, and their associates better trained .(and i dont meen in lying 101). I agree with everything everybody is saying. I to am going through a problem with citifinacial. I have been divorced for six years. I am now remarried and new husband and i applied to a bank to buy a home. To my surprise it came up i was still attatched to my x husbands mortgage. (wait this gets better).
    They have his new wife on the loan also with out ever contacting me, and they have my social attatched to her name. No one will give me a reason why or how this happened. I have contacted everybody possible, and when you ask for the Dm's number you dont get it. So i have now chosen to get a lawyer and fight this matter. Good Luck to all that are going through problems with this company.

• Be
      24th of Jan, 2010

I am having the same problem but with midlands mortgage concerning the insurance check. If any one has an answer please email me at bestfr1303@gmail, com

• Mf
      23rd of Feb, 2011

We too are having the same issues with Citifinancial Mortgage! They are trying to foreclose on our home. We have been fighting with them for MONTHS attempting to get a loan remodification processed and have been through no less than FIVE agents so far! And each one seems to want the exact same documentation the previous agent requested! I am about FED UP with this run around. We cannot afford to lose our home which we've been in for almost 20 yrs. If there is EVER a class action suit filed against this company...COUNT US IN! I can be contact via arajuncajun@yahoo.com

• Sc
      15th of Mar, 2011

BEWARE!!! If you are under foreclosure with Citi and have been trying to get a remodification - you will LOSE! We were going through the same thing. They gave us "30 extra days so they could process the paperwork" they never knew what they were talking about, they couldn't answer our questions - they even had the wrong loan number on our paperwork. 27 days into our extension - they AUCTIONED OUR HOUSE WITHOUT NOTIFYING US!!! These assclowns don't know what they are doing. They are a rip off. We are fighting it and have retained a Real Estate Attorney!! Beware, beware, beware.

• Pa
      18th of Jun, 2012

we too are going through the same thing with this company!!! trying to forclose on us for money they say we owe them . I have four bank cashier checks sent to them for $ 11, 800.oo that have never been posted to our account !!! Two of the checks are from 1996 and two from 2008 they dont have any idea where the oldest two are never have been cashed and the other two have been cashed but not posted to our account!!! We have done everything they have asked for us to do but nothing ever gets done !!! We ave sent copies front and back of the latest checks over a year ago so they could tell who's account they posted them to but can not get any information from them !!! DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK !!!

• St
      26th of Nov, 2013

we just found out today we have to be ou t in days, we called ci-fi many times trying to get though to tell them we had unemployment/disibilty insurence through them, titriton co. no one would even listen or got passed off somewhere else or disconnected, he lost his job i forgot to mention, were lost, no where to go and we have 4 dogs that is like our family, i believe they scmmed us until we realized what happened. stay away, they dont care,
    about to be homeless...