Citifinancial / Customer service

1 IL, United States Review updated:

My friend and I both have this company and the same kind of treatment. They are rude, pushy, and liers. For my friend they took a check over the phone from her husband but it was set to be cashed two days before payday so she called and told them the day had to be two days later or it was going to bounce, they wouldn't and yes it bounced. AS FOR ME I was behind a payment behind because I was taking care of my dying mother at her home, and was trying to pay both mortages because family & renters shafted us. I called them to let them know the situation they said that is fine and just give them a check for the last day of the month to stop all of the harrassing calls and if I don't have it just call them and tell them to not put the check through. So I received my incom tax two weeks before the check was suppose to go through and made a payment plus extra. Called Customer service and told them to cancel the other check that was supose to go throught the last day of the month, She said that that payment would go towards the following month then. WELL needless to say it didn't it was all applied to an $1800.00 Hazardous insurance they decided to put on my account when I already had insurance. Then they would call work six plus times a day to say I am late. When I brought up what happened more or less said tuff and I still need to come up with this money they would investagate what happened but to save our credit and stop the calls we needed to pay it upfront. Well I didn't have that extra money. SO GUESS WHAT WE ARE NOW IN FORCLOSURE because of their mistake. Sucks for my credit but Lucky for me my mother had the trust to her house in my name, Still have a payment on her house but Countrywide is much better to deal with and much more understanding.

Ca

Comments

• Tr
      30th of Jul, 2008

they did basically the same thing to me. the worst company ever

• De
      1st of Aug, 2008

Citi customers can file a lawsuit against citi. Don't let them intimidate you by reminding you of the contract, because by law, a contract cannot be one-sided. also if they break the contract themselves, it becomes null and void. So talk to a lawyer and inform the lawyer of this site and other complaints against citi.

• Re
      12th of Aug, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at 888-453-1518 and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://RealtyMediationService.onlybusiness.com
    and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

• Am
      25th of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir/madam,

I, Amit Sharma have financed my Hero Honda Splender+ from Citifinancial on May 31, 2006. Last month my installments completed but I've niether received documents regarding the same nor any call from your end.

Kindly call me to solve the matter.

Regards,
    Amit Sharma
    Mob.09211600827

• As
      15th of Sep, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I am getting a sms that Account no - 14992513, payment is due in my cell no . 9903733364, I m not belongs to this . so pls, try to contact me asap.
    Regards,
    Asish

9th of Jul, 2009

This company has no Customer Service what so ever, I was unfortunate enough to have to move out of my home at short notice and find somewhere to stay, as it was not a permanent address I did not up date my account with citi. I continued to pay them the amount each month which was a set amount on the same date each month, well when i finally did change my address I found out that they work on a 23 day cycle os the payments had only been paying late fees for the three months. I explainied the situation but no one was interested and no one coulf help they said that i had to pay the outstanding balance and they could not waive any of the late fees, so i agreed to pay the late fees and brought my account up to date only to find out that they had changed my plan for 0% to 30% I called and was told that this cannot be changed back.

This company is not caring and does not want to help even if customers are willing to work with them. DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL SCAM YOU AND THE STAFF ARE EXTREAMLY RUDE AND TREAT YOU LIKE A CRIMINAL.

Also the harrass you with constant phone calls sometimes 8 times a day.

• Ke
      23rd of Nov, 2009

My name is Kevin J Massingill. Since Oct. 5, 2009. My wife and I have tried to pay our car payment over the phone. We would get a confermation number and told everything has gone through. We made several attempts several reps. same answer. My wife contacted her bank only to find out that her bank has no record of Citi Financial processing the payment. We had tried to set up our payment on auto pay. No luck. I have had no troubles in making a payment this way. Until Citi Financial Auto. It has been an uphill battle to get them to process our payment. My wife and I are trying to keep them from hurting our credit because of Citi Financial Auto. Kevin J Massingill

• Jk
      16th of Jul, 2010

I started my phone calls to CitiFinancial Customer service 6/14/2010. I called 800-992-6235,
    800-485-1750, 800-995-2274, 888-350-9063, 866-867-7967, 803-835-2421, 803-835-3009,
    888-350-9064, 888-350-9063, 803-835-2421, 800-486-1750, 800-331-0500, 888-282-4801,
    800-486-1750. After trying each of the numbers I was repeatedly told no one could help me. Until I contacted one of the numbers twice and spoke to two different customer service reps who told me - that due to the circumstances, I could request a temporary or permanent hardship amendment from the department that handles it, The Auto Department, who then transferred me to the Collections department. I called again and was told no one there could help me and they gave me another number. This went on and on. I finally told them I wanted to talk to a Supervisor, Manager or District Manager. I told them that I would wait forever if I had to. Once again I got disconnected. I called back and got another customer service rep and I explained everything again and requested a Supervisor, Manager, or anyone who is in charge there. They once again put me on hold and low and behold they gave me an Angela Snyder. I got disconnected again. I called back and requested to talk to Angela Snyder a manager at yet another number 1803-835-3009. I called that number while on the phone and she actually answered the phone. Lucky me. She went over my request and said she would walk it herself to the department that made the recommendations and see what could be done. She said to check with her the following Tuesday, on 6/29/10 and gave the times she would be in meetings. I started calling on Tuesday and left a message, thinking finally someone who will be calling back. I have not heard from her since. I have left her several messages and here it is 7/16/10 and still no return call. CitiFinancial's customer service in the worst on I have ever had to deal with. I am in the customer service field and if any of us treated the customers that way we would be fired on the spot. Look at what it does to a company’s reputation. Oh yeah they have to care about customer service. They treated me like I didn't matter to them. Well if they do that to me who else are they going to do it too. If someone asked me I would tell them “Never” get involved with CitiFinancial.
    I called again 7/16/10 before I started this and asked for an officers phone number, once again could get nowhere. I did find out from 800-922-6235 CitiFinancial was sold to Santander Consumer USA.