Citifinancial / Trying to pay my auto payment

1 PO BOX 9575 Coppell, TX 75019-9575Coppell, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-249-5595

Every month on the 5th I have an auto-pay taken out of my account for my car payment.

On June 5th, no auto pay was taken out, so I waited and waited. Around June 13th I called and told them about the problem. I spoke with a representative for about 30 minutes trying to get to the bottom of it, they referred me to another representative who I had to explain the problem to over gain and then he referred me to a voice mail of a Supervisor whom I left the message regarding trying to get my car payment PAID.

I called back the next day after no response to phone message, emails and talking to several people. After talking to another person, they said I needed to make a debit over the phone for the payment, so I did gladly to get this taken care of immediately.

On July 15th, still no debit from my account. I email their customer service emails (2 of them) and proceeded to explain that I did a transaction over the phone and they gave me a confirmation #. At this point, still no reply.

On July 17th, I called back and got Ms. R, and during my conversation with her which lasted about 45 minutes, she worked her computer and proceeded to do another debit from my checking account with the routing number and checking account number. After all was said and done, a confirmation # given to me, I thought all was taken care of.

July 30, I called again asking for another Supervisor after giving the information all over gain to their call center as usual. The call center person proceeded to tell me that "I" was the problem. That I must have given them the wrong numbers to my account. At this point, needless to say, I was fuming. How hard could it possibly be to PAY MY BILL. These people working there at Citi Financial Auto must be complete ###s! Well, after I wouldn't talk to this woman any more, she said she would transfer me to another supervisor. During that time, the call was disconnected. This was just great!

July 30, One hour later, I called back and said I wanted to speak to the person who runs the show. I was referred to a woman named Lisa. After another hour of going over all of this once more, she proceeded to do ANOTHER check debit with the same account numbers that I had already given three people to get this debited from my account. After all was said and done, she assured me that the transaction would go though and no late charged would be charged and that she would make sure that nothing got posted to the Credit Reporting Agencies for their mistake.

August 3, There were no charges posted to my account. My car payment was now into TWO months with a third payment just days away from needing to be paid. I email her back with all coorespondence from the Credit Union telling her that there was not a problem with any of the account numbers, or any information that I had given them. They told me that it was their system. I forwarded all of the documentation to them.

August 4, Still no debit from the account. I then proceeded to send another email to everyone I could find on the internet that was associated with Citi Financial Auto and cut a pasted the entire email log to each one of them. Still no reply from anyone.

August 6, FINALLY a debit to my account for the car payments, however they charged me $14, 95 for a late fee. I emailed all of their Supervisors letting them know that the debit finally went through and to please send confirmation of email and to credit me the $14.95 back.

I spent 8 hours of my time over two months with 10 employees to get my car payment PAID and hoping that my auto-pay will continue with no more problems on their end with processing correctly.

I just hope that this company does not put this on my Credit Report as delinquent and I hope as a result of the Fair Credit Reporting Act they will make them take it off if they do put it on.

I don't know about you, but this is ridiculous! It took that many employees to process a payment? No wonder why the company is in a financial mess.

Comments

• He
      6th of Aug, 2009

Gosh. I am worried. The exact same thing happened to me...I paid over the phone 4 days ago, and still not even a pending transaction. I have Nuvelle. I think I will call tomorrow just in case.

• Ab
      28th of Sep, 2009

I also have automatic debit from my account on the 18th of every month. On September 12th i noticed my account had alot of unauthorized activities going through it. Went to the bank and after they reviewed my acct. we decided to close the acct. I called citifinancial early monday morning to tell them to stop the auto debit that will be coming in on the friday which was the 18th because the account was closed. I also told him i was mailing my payment. I mailed the payment.
    I got a letter today telling me i owe them 25dollars because i did not give them 5 business days to cancel the auto debit even though i talked to them on a monday. i thought the business days were monday to friday. Does that make 5?
    25$ might not be much to other people, to me it is alot. I try to avoid unnecessary bills because i do not even have enough to afford to eat 2times a day now.
    Every auto debit that was going through my old acct was ok with cancelling. Infact American Family's was supposed to be there within 2days and yet they were able to accommodate my request.
    A customer service agent who thinks he is smarter than me basically told me in a patronizing way they did not care as long as i pay them the 25 $ and that i have no other choice.

• Cr
      1st of Jul, 2010

The same thing happened to me. Why is it so difficult to make a payment. I haven't gottened a statement in 2 1/2 years.

• Dh
      27th of Jul, 2010

To,
    The Manager
    City Financial Bank Push Vihar, Delhi

Sub: Miss used of ECS Check.
    Sir,
    I’m Dharmendra Upadhaya My loan A/C No:-12462497 & I had purchased a byke Bajaj Discover 135 since 2007, Rajeev Bajaj Automobile Shahdara & finance from City Financial Bank. This account has closed on March 2010. & But 1459Rs. Cut from my account on July Month, 2010. So please return Amount in my account please do the needful.

Thanks You,