Citifinancial / Bill not paid

I have been a Citi Finacial customer for years! I have recently found out that monies I borrowed from CITI FINANCIAL, to pay off an outstanding VISA bill in the year 2004 in the approx amount of 600.00...was not paid... and to this day no record, is on file, to show that it was! I was advised by my local CITI FINANIAL, that there was a record of a cheque issued, but they were unable to provide me with a number to prove this cheque was actually issued to cover the outstanding debt!! This only leads me to believe that said funds were never paid! And as per records of my financial institute CIBC to this date, no funds were received to cover this outstanding debt ...thus showing that this dept has NEVER been paid, resulting this debt on my credit record to this day...4 years later!!!

In my quest to clear this, I was advised by CITI FINANCIAL, to proceed to EQUIFAX, to process a credit report, as CITI FINANCIAL would not do the search themselves! As was instructed by CITI FINANCIAL I processed a credit report through Equifax, and found out in the process, that the VISA bill for CIBC was never paid. Thus giving me my bad credit rating!! Upon receiving this info, I have found out that this debt has been on my record for the past 4 years!! How could this happen! I trusted CITI FINANCIAL to see that this debt was paid, only to find that to this day, the debt is still outstanding and tarnishing my credit record. I tried very hard to clear up this debt but was very disappointed to see that a financial institute that I trusted for years had let me down! As per instructions given to me by a CITI FINANCIAL representative, I was given a number to clear this...only to be given an endless list of numbers in which each would give me another number! I have now exhausted the numbers given to me to clear this issue, and still no ANSWERS!!! If you would like a list of the numbers I have been provided with and have been non successful. they are as follows:

[protected]

As you can appreciate as per the numbers above, I have repeatedly tried to fix my financial credit rating with the numbers that I was given, only to get another toll free number that did not help to solve my situation!

To this day, I have yet to have been given a number to clear this debt which was supposedly paid by CITI FINANCIAL...4years ago and I have no where to turn but to complain to the people that I trusted to help fix this matter!!

I trust you will help me to fix this matter and finally clear this matter that has haunted me for months!!

I will look forward to your immediate response to this matter! To further help you in this matter I have provided for you (as below)...info that you will help you in your investigation!!!

Thanking you in advance!!!

Va

Comments

12th of Jun, 2011

to whom it may concern my pickup was repod and now citi financial still wants me to pay. THAT ISENT RIGHT SO PLEASE CONTACT ME CUZ I WONT PAYE YOU ALL NOTHING joe pena phone 575-840-4118 thank you hello

12th of Jun, 2011