Citifinancial Auto / Overdue payment

I fell a month behind on my car payment, because of financial hardship. Citifinancial contacted me because of the lateness. I informed them that the check had been sent in the mail. They were not satisfied with that and I was told that I was lying to them. I was told by the manager (his name was Daniel) that if I didn't give him a payment over the phone that they would come and repo the car. I asked him, the car is only 1 month late and the payment is on the way to you. He said, "don't tell me about your problems, I'm not interested in them." With that, I then canceled the check that I sent out and FEDEX a new check to them. Call Daniel and gave him the FEDEX tracking # and the check # with the amount. He told me that was not good enough and I can be sending him a blank check! He was very rude and ignorant. I have never in my life dealt with such a horrible company! I waited to the FEXEX to be delivered the next day and contacted Daniel. He told me, yes the check was there, but as far as he was concerned he didn't have it because it was not posted to the system and he still was going to take the car! He told me to make a payment over the phone and that would stop the repo! I asked him, how can you repo a car when its only a month late and you have the payment in your office? He told me that he didn't have time for me and that he was done talking to me!

Real nice business Citifinancial! I'm getting ready to trade the car in and never deal with them with anything ever again! They are horrible!!!

Comments

• Ab
      13th of Nov, 2007

Well be careful with your trade-in. I just traded my car in and the dealer contacted Citifinancial to get the pay-off information. The dealer cut the check and mailed it to Citifinancial and they have been calling me everyday at home and at work telling me that we are still on the hook for the loan amount. I told the representative that what they were doing was illegal and to never call me again. I explained SEVERAL times that I no longer own the loan or the car and I was told that they would continue to harass me until they received payment. They had the payment for over 2 weeks now and the check has been cashed by them. At one point they called my house 22 times in one day. I plan to contact the Federal Trade Commission and the US Attorney General's office. Hopefully you are not having that experience. We all need to file a class action lawsuit against these idiots.

• De
      12th of Jan, 2008

I with you they harass us about our car loan even after we got it caught up, they are terrible. I have already contacted an attorney and my husband and I are going after them big time.

• Mi
      29th of Sep, 2008

Citifinancial auto is the worst (right up there with Fireside Thrift )! The customer service is horrible. I can't understand how a big company like they are can charge you (through Western Union) to make a payment over the phone!! Even though you set up payment arraingments they still call you 10 times a day to make you pay over the phone!! Even smaller companies like Wachovia do not charge you to pay online (which for citifinancial is through Western Union again) or by phone. I will be filing a complaint to the BBB.

2nd of Jul, 2010

Yeah Citi Finicial auto sucks !!! I have had a loan with them for about 3 years own a car That was 17, 000 and by the time i pay it off it will be like 35, 000 which is ridiculioues ! I can never get ahold of anyone i have to answer 10 questions Just to get them to take a payment from me, I lost my job a few months back and been struggleing to keep the payments of 400 a month Up and i keep asking to refinince it or something so i can have lower payments and they wont work with me at all what can i do Im about to loose my car if they can even find it this company is the biggiest unorganized crap of a company i have ever delt with !