Citicard / Fraud Processing
In August, I noticed a $361.00 charge on my account that I did not make. I had been at the Merchant during the time the transaction was made, but I didn't make it. I immediately called CitiCard to report the activity as fraud and have them reissue my card. They started and investigation and received a package of information from the merchant. The package included copies of 2 sales receipts. I am not disputing one of the charges which clearly have my signature on the receipt. However, the second does not. The name signed isn't even my name. CitiCard sent me a letter stating they needed more detail to why I'm disputing the charge ... more than the fact that I've already told them that I didn't make it and it has a different name on the credit card slip. The letter they sent stated they needed a reply by 11/20. I wasn't able to reply until 11/21. They're now telling me that since I didn't respond by 11/20 they have closed the case and I'm liable for the charge. I can't believe what the fraud representative told me ... btw she also said that signatures on sales slips aren't required or used. I'm still going to fight this since per reading the FTCs website which states ...
Reporting Losses and Fraud
By law, once you report the loss or theft, you have no further responsibility for unauthorized charges. In any event, your maximum liability under federal law is $50 per card.
More Citicard Complaints & Reviews
- Citibank Credit Card Philippines - citibank 
- Thd / Cbna - incorrect reporting to credit bureaus 
- Citibank London - enquiry 
- Citi Bank, London, U. K. - alerta 
- Citibank Nri - dishonest business practises 
- Citibank - mastercard cash rewards card
- Citibank - my deceased father’s estate c/o brett graham
- Citibank - customer service (lack of it)
- Citibank - branch manager wendy miether very racist
- Citibank San Bruno - customer service