Citibank / scam letter
I received the following email that supposedly came from a member of your staff and I suspect it is a SCAM because most Banks would never ask for private Banking details to be sent over the insecure Internet.
My question is simply this.
1. Is Mr.Moore Carrick a member of your staff?
2. Did this email come from your Bank.
Please advise me by email URGENT: email@example.com
COPY OF EMAIL:
moore Carrick to mralbert.james
show details 10:14 (24 minutes ago)
LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
I received your information and i have equally send to you via attarchment our transfer form in which you need to endorse properly and resend to our office here in United Kingdom, so we can have your fund transfered into your bank account.
So i will advice you call me as soon as you receive this email because i have tried calling your phone but it was in answering machine.and i will equally need your direct fax number so i can send to you the transfer slip or telex of transfer of this $8.3m(Eight million Three hundred thousand united state dollra) as soon as we in the CITI BANK OF UNITED KINGDOM has it transfered to you.
meanwhile i will advice you re-send this form after proper endorsement so i can proceed this transfer into any of your norminated bank account without any delay.base on this i will advice you kindly fax or email to me via attarchment your Drivers lince copy so we can also put it in your fund trasnfer file.
ACCOUNT NUMBER_________SWIFT CODE__________ROUTING NO__________
ACCOUNT BENEFICIARY NAME__________________________________________
AMOUNT APPLIED FOR_________________________________________________
AMOUNT IN WORD______________________________________________________
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT_________________________________________________
TELEPHONE NUMBER_________________ FAX NUMBER____________________
OFFICER:MR MOORE CARRICK.
POSITION:DIRECTOR, INTL, REMMITTANCE CITIBANK LONDON.
More Citibank Complaints & Reviews
- Citibank Credit Card Philippines - citibank 
- Thd / Cbna - incorrect reporting to credit bureaus 
- Citibank London - enquiry 
- Citibank Nri - dishonest business practises 
- Citibank - credit card application 
- Citibank - your whole customer service; wealth management of citibank
- Citibank - payment due to me
- Citibank - missing payment of inr 21,321.50 
- Citibank Advantage Card - credit card
- Citibank - mistaken deposit