Citibank Credit Card / new credit card issue

1 Singapore Review updated:

I had an medical emergency and needed a credit card so i thought Citibank would be the most reliable one. But to my astonishment they are teh most careless bank. I filled the required form with the help of a Citibank agent and attached all the asked documents with some extra to support the speedy processing. I was promised that in 2 -3 weeks time i would be provided with a card. My salary -is way beyond the annual asked for and i work as a manager in the largest food company in the world (Nestle). I waited for 6 weeks no card... then i called the agent who facilitated my card process.he informed me my request for credit card was rejected on the basis of my company did not verify for me.I was amazed so i crossed checked with my company and found no one has verified here. After another week i get these 2 regret letters from citibank addressed to a sub branch of Nestle in singapore far from my office, whereas i had specifically mentioned the complete office address infront of the agent in the form, still citibank called the wrong office due to there negligence and must have asked for me... where i don't work and sent the regret letter to the same address from where i retrieved it today after almost 6weeks of applying... its a serious negligence on the part of citibank and in am very avoid with them as i wanted to trust them in the time of need. Its really sad... i tried to log on complaint in the citibank website but to my surprise again there is no customer feedback section or complaint format to do it on the website...

Comments

Bh
  13th of Nov, 2008

my citi bank credit is block i requist to him but there is no any reply by bank so please help me

Bh
  13th of Nov, 2008

Lu
  28th of Jan, 2009

pls elp me with a credit card as i had applied on line but did not rec & being a good customer with citi pls respond to this quo.Lucille Siddiqui

Th
  22nd of Jun, 2009

Citibank is a great bank. If you would pay the bill on time, I'm sure they would unblock it. You with the medical emergency, why wouldn't your insurance pay for your procedure. Sounds like you need a job at Citibank, they have great benefits. Lol! I'm surprised you have a high paying job at Nestle, your grammar is horrible. You need to take a writing class.

Js
  13th of Jun, 2011

i hereby informed that i have not received the citi bank creditcard monthly statement. till now i received so i have checking on mails . i requesting sent through post.