Citibank Credit Card / poor customer treatment!

1 India Review updated:

I am writing this email to you with regard to my Citibank Credit Card, I was sent this card without any documents & any information from my end. I did utilize this card for sometime but I never received the pin number for this card & nor did I receive the statements on time.

I have already asked them to send their person & collect the payment but they are not interested in the same, they were doing that in past.

I don’t know what is to be done, they are always threatening the customer.

Comments

• Mr
      3rd of Apr, 2007

I have tried some many times customer care no of Citi Bank credit card at Ahmedabad that is
    079-26422484 and I have found very long procedure to reach customer care officer, even though follow almost all instruction i could not reach the customer care officer and i wastage my money.

Actually this is regarding the credit card statement that i have not received on time and i received sms on my mobile phone for due payment, but at the last moment it s very difficult to me pay due amount until and unless i confirmed the statement details.

13th of Jun, 2007

I recently got a Citibank credit card. I lost the card and called to let the company know to cancel this. Citibank proceeded to get my information and I hung up. Five minutes later I got a call saying that I needed to be ID'd before sending out a new card. I was being treated as if this were a case of fraud (too bad they weren't as vigilant when my card really did get stolen!!!)

After about 15 minutes on the phone I thought the process was over.

I went out of town and upon returning had 3 voicemails from citibank calling to report suspicious activity. (This activity was in fact- my activity calling to cancel the card) I was to call them back before I could activate my new card.

I received a new card in the mail and called to activate. I was told I had to be passed on to another number because there was something wrong (potential fraud). I have now been identified 4 times and hung up telling the rep I would go to Chase who seems to give a rip about my business.

I am so furious. This is the third time I have had problems with Citibank!

• Re
      4th of Jul, 2007

I don’t know what is to be done, they are always threatening the customer.

• Sh
      5th of Sep, 2007

My dad was using credit cards from since last three years and he was paying handsome amount to them with markup and interest as well. Suddenly he got bankrupt and his business is already finished... the crew of city bank they are threatening him so much.three times they took me under harassment and tried to kidnap me... I really request to the authorities that take some action about that... when any body gets the credit card he also pays to the insurance as well... the benefit of the insurance can be use at the stage where is my dad is right now... I am from Pakistan on request I can give that two persons name who tried to kidnap me... thanks really.

• Sw
      9th of Sep, 2007

I an getting wrong statement against loan instead of two loans four loans are shown actually two loans were rebooked & two draft charges were collected on 17.7.06 when no drafts are issued. A no of follow up of letters were made but no action, regularly getting threatening call from Kolkata office. Even they are not bothered to check their record.

• Ay
      28th of Sep, 2007

I am receiving the monthly statements for my MTV & Jet Airways cards, My card nos. are 5546190017249003, 5546378098549009. I am not getting any statement properly by monthwise or your billing generation datewise,

So kindly send me the full statement from Apr'06 to Sep'07 for both the cards.

Thanking you,

with regards,

Ayub Khan

• Ay
      28th of Sep, 2007

Sorry, I am not receiving the monthly statements properly for my MTV & Jet Airways cards, My card nos. are 5546190017249003, 5546378098549009. I am not getting any statement properly by monthwise or your billing generation datewise,

So kindly send me the full statement from Apr'06 to Sep'07 for both the cards to my email address.

Thanking you,

with regards,

Ayub Khan

• Bh
      28th of Sep, 2007

i was using your citi bank credit card 2-3 years ago at that time all of your dues was paid by me. Today (29.9.2007) i received a sms on my mobile no. 9811256585 about a due of (citi alerts mini statement for card ********8. Total amt due is Rs. 14418/-minimum amt is due Rs. 720.90 and payment is due on 21.10.2007.
    sir at that time card was destroyed by me and it was dropped in your collection box at gurudwara road, karol bagh atm.
    kindly tell me why you are unneccessorily harrasing me by sendig such types of sms.
    kindly clear the position on my mobile no. 9811256585 why you are doing such acts of harrassing the people like me.

• Ra
      28th of Sep, 2007

hello i am here to ### you

• Ra
      30th of Sep, 2007

Home depot credit is through Citibank, due to a misunderstanding on billing address and their neglect
    in noting our new address and phone number we were charged late fees,finance charges and interest on what was to be a 12 month no interest account with Home Depot. The fee's have been paid because we did not our credit marred by this incident, but this was not to be, CITIBANK has ruined our excellent credit that we have held for over 35-40 years, my husband applied for SEARS card just to get a 10 percent discount on shoes and was refused, the manager of SEARS stated that CITIBANK ruined his credit rating as well over some late payments. We have paid for in full 5 homes, and 8 cars way before the contracts were ever due and NEVER have not paid a bill or account in full.

• Ud
      23rd of Oct, 2007

I got credit card. I didn't use it but I have sent minimum due of 1631.60 . I tried to call its priority center noida and gurgaon but nobody picked the call. And also no response why I must pay this amount.

31st of Oct, 2007

Hey,

I am having Citi-bank Gold credit card from last month and I am receiving lots of abuse phone calls regarding Citi-bank Insurance and all lab lab mediclaim policies. I have told 100 time to not call, I am getting very much frustrated. Still I haven't done a single transaction using the credit card and I want to close this credit card as soon as possible.

I hope someone will get back to me.

Regards,
    Chetan Sonar

31st of Oct, 2007

Following are the numbers from where I receives these abuse calls :
    +912240343600 and +912240976400

Regards,
    Chetan Sonar

• Th
      20th of Nov, 2007

I am using citi bank auto card since last 3 months . I haven't received even a single statement so far. I am depositing the cheque based on the expenditure I have incurred. I haven't expected such a poor customer treatment from this bank.

It is also surprise to see that the auto dealer who has processed the card also does not keep citi bank swipe machine. hence I had to pay surcharge on all transactions entered with the dealer on the citi card.

The card has many good features, but is being serviced in such way that most of the public can not avail it .Hope the bank customer service cell wake up to improve the service.

Thomas.

• Kb
      7th of Dec, 2007

I've utilized credit card service of your bank. I've made recent transaction in June 2007. I cleared the payment as per your letter
    by dropping the cheque within due date. But, I've been receiving the letters regarding the payment. But I need not to pay any balance. To find out the balance details I've called a number of times
    to the local offices and head offices for the last two months. I'm not getting response. Every time I've to access through electronic voice, i couldn't talk to your executive officer. We dont have a proper contact address or a contact number to know the details.

• Ko
      17th of Dec, 2007

Helllo this is jyothi, and i am the credit card holder of citibank. My isssue is, i did not used my card in Nov month, but i got the statement as i used my card and i need to pay around 759 rs.

May i know why this statement is generated ,even though i did not use my card.

Thank u if u give me a resonalble answer.

• Ni

Citibank P.O. Box No. 4830,
    Chennai – 600 002

SUB:- NIL BALANCE FOR CREDIT CARD NO. 4550 3894 4798 6004

Sir,

I am once again reminding you that I am not using Citi Bank credit card No. 4550 3894 4798 6004. There are no dues from my side. I had repeatedly informed Citibank several times through E-mail &through written correspondence to cancel my credit card. (Enclosed my earlier letter sent to you two years back for your kind reference)

I had been using this card on the assurance that Citibank would not charge me Annual Fees or any other fees since it was free card Without any charges I have made all payments to Citibank with regard to my purchases . My last payment was for Rs. 2,680.25.( Cheque No. 699189 dtd. 11/2/2005)

I do not understand as to why I have been charged huge amount as late payment charges , service fees & other charges for payment which is not due from me.

I therefore request you to kindly cancel all these charges & send me nil balance statement as there is no amount payable to you against my purchases.

Please call me at my cell no. – 9890197923 or at Tel.No. 24997559 (Mumbai)

Hoping to receive a favorable reply from you.

Warm regards,

Nilesh Lopes

• Vi
      27th of Feb, 2008
    Citibank Credit Card Department - excess charging of interest without using
    citibankcreditcardsdepatment
    India

my cardno-5546 3791 6444 8001 ,this is my citibankcard,i have fill up a petrol of Rs.1000 &after ihave not recevied statement& when i recevied the statement they r charging me Rs. 1875 i,issued a cheque of RS.1000 & cut my credit card in 4pcs.& drop in the box over the bank then i call to their call centre&tell them everything now after three to 4 monts later the ycall me on mobile no -9310562522 &use abusive langage the call is fro no-66522700 now the new funda is latest bill is of RS.15262.46 .i have call them so many times but they say your case is transfer to our collection departmnt .today their advocate from patiala court says that i am issuing summons for u , if u donot paid the amount.i want help please help me

30th of May, 2008

Hi Citi Bank

I M Anil Kumar My Suvidha A/C no. is 50164-59226.
    I Hv been writing you mail since around two months but i didnt get any positive response from Citibank. The issue is that i have two credit cards of Citibank, their last four digits are 6003 and 6019, bcoz due to some personal problems( my father expired two months ago ) i could not give c/card minimum amt due on time bcoz of financial crisis in my family. Instead of showing sympathy, Citibank has blocked/ debited my Suvidha A/c no.50164-59226 ( Rs- 6894) without my Authorisation Now when i called up citibank officers Mr Ish guleria ( floor supervisor)and Mr Brijender( floor manager) they told me that there are some standing Instructions stating that if i am unable to pay my minimum amt due for c/cards then Citibank is gonna deduct that amt from my suvidha a/c.

Is that kind of behaviour does a Citi customer should expect from CITIBANK ???

For your kind info. I have not authorised Citibank to debit that amt from my Suvidha a/c I have not signed any document regarding that. In addition to this when i was opening my suvidha a/c in feb 2007 i refused to take any c/card from citi but still citibank made it why???

Now that I M already very tensed and if something happens to me psychologically, Only Citibank will be responsible for that and thats why i m writing you this mail for my future records
    For ur info i m the only person in my family who is earning right now and if citi keeps on debiting from my a/c how will i run my family

For now as my salary is gonna credited in another one day I want You to normalise my saving a/c with immediate effect and i promise to pay the amount for c/cards and if you dont then i m gonna file a police case against Citi stating that you deducted my money from my a/c without my authorisation also I may file a case of harrasment and claiming amount in reverse from CITIBANK bcoz of the torture that Citi gave me and my family

Plz take this mail very very Seriously and Revert back

Regards

Anil kumar kashyap ( 9871222035)

• Tu
      30th of May, 2008

Heights - even phone calls at Ahmedabad are not received. Clearance of local cheques takes 7 days and collection calls keeps on ringing. Appologies flows from HO and systems are never in place. I have decided to part with Citibank.