Citibank Credit Card / poor customer service

1 India Review updated:

I applied for a citibank credit card. I made my first transaction with the same. The statement for the same was not received by me. The bank leveid charges for late payment. I did make my payment based on the transaction I had made. Citibank now is charging interest for late payment.

When I had contacted Ms.Surekha R of the customer care at citibank,I was not given a favourable response.

Customer care is a farce. It should be re-worded as Company care.

All Citibank customers beware!

Comments

10th of Jun, 2008

IALWAYS PAY MY SEARS CITICARD ONLINE. I AM NEVER LATE.. I DO HAVE A LOT OF CHARGES ON IT BUT ALWAYS PAY IN A TIELY MANNER. IN FACT MY INTEREST RATE IS ABOUT 14.9 % WHICHIS OK .. LAST WEEK I LOOKED ON LINE AND MY AVAILABLE CREDIT WAS (ZERO). I CALLED TO SEE IF THEIR WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE ONLINE SITE.. NO.. I WAS TOLD MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOED BY THEM.. OUT OT THE BLUE, IT HAD BEEN CLOED FOR A MONTH.. THEY DID EVEN NOTIFY ME. I GOT A LETTER YESTERDAY TELLING ME THAT MY CREDIT SCORE WAS TOO LOW ..IT IS 720.. THEY HAD SO MANY REASONS TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT, , NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE ANDTHE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF IDIOTS. I BELIEVE THEIRFINANCIAL MESS IS CAUSING THEM TO TAKE IT OUT ON THE CONSUMER. AFTERALL WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE TO PAY THEIR BILLS WHEN THEY CAN BE BAILED OUT BY SOMEONE ELSE. I HOPE ALL THE BANKS GO DOWN IN FLAMES.. NOW SINCE THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WHRE'S MY INCENTIVE TO PAY THEM AT ALL. I DID NOTHING WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS . ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO THEM????

• Vi
      29th of Jul, 2008

i have a fresh card of citybank .card number is 4054510043896005.and first time i purchase of ruppes 259261.and after then i have paid 250000 ruppes by dd and one cheque of ruppe 13000.before 7 days of payment due date.after then again n again i given him comformation for this but they said me we have not found any cheque of ruppes 13000.and cheque number is 369410..after then they charged on me full interset on full amount .so i can"t understand that why can they charged on me because it"s not my responsbility of cheque...and how can they charged interested on full payment because i have paid already 250000 by dd before due date ... n i call on custumer care but they never give me full answer n one time they tell me it will be refund u but it"s not happen so kindly i request u solve this matter ...phone number is 09887537390 ...thanks

1st of Dec, 2009

for Citibank Singapore,

i was called up several time to the citibank singapore hotline to make a cancellation on one of my credit card. 1st teller told me to wait for 3 to 5 working days for the cancellation department's staff to get back to me, and 2nd teller asked me to wait for 48hrs and promised me that i will received call soonest. Now, after 2 weeks plus later, i still await someone from citibank to reply me.

Appy a new card able been done within a week but why take so long for terminal a credit card. my hp no. 90222149, thanks.

• Kh
      7th of Dec, 2009

This is not first time i submited my complaint. I saw at my statement and what is ALLZ-SAVE A/C NO. 0102889335?, I also have cantact Alliaz Ins. but thier not replace. so i do not PAY RM 224.00...

• Lo
      16th of Feb, 2011

For Citibank in USA, California, Alhambra branch: customer service sucks

The customer service rep or supervisor, Winnie Tang, she is very unhelpful, mean, rough and rude. She has a [censor]y and a real realistic personality. I have to go to other branch for help as whatever she helped me was nothing. After other customer service representative from other branch helped me, I realized that she purposely delay or ignore my request for no reason. Whatever she is doing to Citibank customers, it's actually ruining the image of the company, Citibank.