Citibank / conning on personal loan

1 India Review updated:

Hi team,

i am sudhin from indiranagar..today my friend got a call from citibank personal loan dept(indiranagar) from an exe bharath who informed my friend that they are giving loan with 0% interest. he was surprised and did check again with exe. the exe reconfirmed saying it is 0% interest. so my friend gave his details and referred my name and number to the exe. after 10mins i received a call from saravana another exe who called and conveyed the same. he took my details(personal, bank & professional) and told me i am eligible for loan up to 3lacs and my rate of interest would be 18%. i did ask him then why did you tell that it is 0%. the exe immediately transferred my call to his supervisor pooja. she took over the call and started the conversation with me. when i told her that the exe did give me a different picture she replied saying “sir the exe would have given a wrong picture to attract customers”. this would clearly state that the bank is aware of the conning what the exe do to get leads. i am not sure how many customers are in the same trap by the same agents. i would appreciate if someone can take necessary action on this and stop conning customers.

Thanks in advance
Sudhin

Su

Comments

• Gl
      24th of Nov, 2008

I am your citibank personal loan customer, its my fifth loan from your bank. I had apply top up loan on 15/09/2008 from Khamla Branch, Nagpur after call from this branch. They fill the application of loan and taken my document for process. And made verification also from office, friend. After this they not intimate about loan. When I ask them they not applied me properly after that I call customer they told to meet Branch Manager Mr. Nitin Mishra I did that also, but Mr. Nitin Mishra is also not replied properly. I made email also for that I get reply through letter ref. no. SQ/15589500/C6071 dt. 06.10.2008 in that letter you mention that the allegation raised by me is incorrect. What you investigation made with your concerned department you clear it. Then why till my case in pending. Atleast you shift my case from Khamla Branch to Dharmpeth Branch, Nagpur.

• Co
      11th of Nov, 2010

Citibank, they are mother [censor]ers ever seen, they do business by sending their mother, wife and sisters. Take the loan enjoy the money pay for 5-6 EMI's and then say bye bye... We have to teach a lesson for Citibank's big mother [censor]er, daughter [censor]er CEO/Founder.. I think he looted money so called mother [censor]er. Hahaha you know onething dear friend current 2008 interest rate 21.04% till date that is Nov 2010 (I dont mind calling them as a mother [censor]ers) This is our Government problem they dont have capacity to solve these problems, our governemnt should learn a lot from US Uk and other contries... WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO THESE [censor]ERS JUST PAY INTEREST, and henceforth never take personal loan from Citibank, Credit card from HDFC... Guys get loans from our banks not with MNC Banks