May 8, 2015
Diamond Bar
I have had an account with CITI bank NRI which was opened about 1o years ago in Cerritos (Artesia), California. This facility closed down after a while. Recently I have tried to close my account and have been given a terrible run around. I have about $500 work of Indian rupee account in the bank. I made a trip to their branch in New Jersey but was dismay to find out the individual who manages the NRI account was nit in. Some or how I got hold of an individual at their main office in Long Island, New York. He advised to fill out the account closure form and mail it at their long Island branch. I sent the form duly filled under a registered mail. After few weeks I tried to find the status. The only response I am getting is via a voice mail left on my home phone that I need to call the number that is give in the voice mail. Every time I call I can only computer generated prompts which lead me nowhere and now I get an e-mail stating that I must resubmit the form as the time has run out. I am a senior citizen and have no need to deal with the overseas banking. How do I get my money back is beyond my comprehension.