Citi Mortgage / no assistance 4 customer

Citi bought my loan 3 yrs ago. Since then I have had ZERO customer service. No one is ever available to talk to you when you need something, phone lines and fax lines dont work, no one ever has any information... And here is the kicker: The modifications and/or hardship assistance program is a farce: THERE IS NO HELP FOR HOMEOWNERS IN CRISIS! I have owned this home for 8 years and up until a bad business investment 3 yrs ago, I have had excellent credit. Now that i am a hardship situation ( LIKE SO MANY ARE!) ty refuse to help or modify. Silly me thought bailout money from MY TAX DOLLARS was suppose to help>> YEAH, RIGHT!! Citi is a big ripoff

Ka

Comments

Ce
  17th of Dec, 2008

This is in reply to Karen's comments on CitiMortgage- You Go Girl!!! I couldn't agree with you more! It does my heart good that someone else is in the same boat as me and my husband; I was beginning to think that it was us!
Citi has not shown us one ounce of customer service since we signed on the dotted line back in Sept 2007. You know- they are always full of customer service until they get that signature committing you for the rest of your adult life.
We are currently locked in for the next 2 1/2 years, for we would have to pay such a large penalty to 'pay-off early' should we refinance with someone else.
Our Citi nightmare started when we asked to defer one payment back in June 2008. At the time we were behind on a few of our household bills and were hoping that we could get everything caught up. July rolled around and Citi called wanting the June payment- SURPRISE!! I've spoken to numerous employees in numerous different departments at Citi. Finally in August I was told that our type of mortgage does not allow for deferments. So here we are- one month behind on our mortgage- and always will be because I don't see any additional funds in my paycheck as of late. and I won't even mention the $75.00 late fee we are paying every month.
I'm with you Karen, our tax dollars have helped none of us working stiffs when they were spent to bailout CitiMortgage.

Mc
  29th of Dec, 2008

Why sign a mortgage with a PPP, Pre Paymen Penalty, on it anyway.
If you can't defer a payment, that means you are on a Daily Simple Interest Loan. In the long run, it helps you.
And when your late on the payment, you would need to except to pay late fees.

Reason for PPP's. At the time you got the loan you qualified for a much higher IR then you got. The PPP reduces your IR by up to 1 percent. That's why it's there, to get a return in an investment.

Sh
  30th of Dec, 2008

My husband and I purchased a home to remodel in 2007 in Austin TX. In the midst of planning the remodel, I lost my job and his job seemed to be in jeopardy. We decided that the remodel was too big and we couldn't afford it (we were being RESPONSIBLE). So, we put the home on the market. We got several offers and accepted one and it was under contract. The first contract fell through (was a contingency) and then we accepted another. While it was under contract, we found a smaller home to purchase. Then our buyer postponed closing to finalize funding. In the meantime, we closed on our new home; obviously believing the buyer would close.

But, the buyer kept pushing back the closing and we finally accepted another offer/contract. This buyer also couldn't get funding. So, that's 3 contracts that have fallen through because of funding. We've had more interest, but no one can obtain financing.

We are at our wits end and see no end in sight. We can't continue to deplete our savings, jeopardize our children's college money and their education. We are responsible citizens that take great care of our two children and make all of our payments. NO ONE at Citibank will work with us. We've never missed a payment so no one will talk to us. It's like talking to a black hole --- the mortgage companies caused this problem, they should be willing to work with responsible people!

How is this fair - we have buyers, even one that wants to assume our payment...

Jo
  27th of Jan, 2009

How can we keep our homes when these BIG banks are not willing to modify our loans? They tell me I can afford my payment... I have not had a job since May, 2008. I will be starting a job in mid Feb..., my home has lost roughly 23% of it's value, I asked Citi if they would modify the terms of my mortgage and they said NO. They want to put me in a Forbearance plan which will add $2, 000.00 more per month to my payment... I asked if they would extend the term and lower the interest rate, I said we could keep the amount owed the same... they said NO! I think we will be filing bankruptcy soon... they can have the damn house. I am in the Real Estate profession and I know exactly what they will get for this house... right about $65, 000 less than I agreed to pay them for it!!

Te
  12th of Feb, 2009

I've been trying to work with Citi Residential on my home loan. I never missed a payment, but know when it adjusts in June I'll be in trouble. I've called to try and modify numerous times, they won't even look at my records because I didn't miss a payment yet and it isn't June. Rather than get into a foreclosure situation, I wanted to be proactive and researched my options. I tried to refinance through their bank, Citibank, but they won't do it because my load is upside down. I've contacted mortgage modification companies, but they want $3000 that I don't have. I finally decided to do a short sale. During this time, I'm not able to make my mortgage payment. Well, they conveniently sold my mortgage so that now I have to refile with the new lender and start the process all over again. Citibank has notified me that they're starting foreclosure proceedings. I called over that to explain I'm waiting on a short sale approval from them, I have a buyer! Nothing, I have to call the new lender, who I don't know is continuing with the foreclosure. Another call I have to make. I am so disillusioned and upset and can't believe they take our tax dollars and do nothing to help us. I FEEL LIKE THEY WANT US TO LOSE OUR HOMES AND DON'T CARE. I am done ever doing business with them.

Th
  27th of Feb, 2009

I HEAR YA . CITI MORGAGE IS NOT WORRYING AT ALL ABOUT US THE CUSTOMER JUST THEMSELVES. I HAD HEART SURGERY AND MY HUSBANDS OVERTIME STOP ED COMMING IN, SO WE FELL BEHIND. WE ASKED TO REMODIFY THE LOAN SO WE COULD LOWER THE MONTHLY PAYMENT SO WE COULD AFFORD IT EASIER. WELL THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED IN HELPING US WITH THIS IF WE WERE NOT CURRENT. SO THEY TOLD US THEY WOULD DEFFER 1 PAYMENT AND WE HAD TO PAY 2 PAYMENTS SO WE COULD CATCH UP. SO AFTER WE PAY THEM ON 1/17/2009 THEY CALL AND SAY NOW WE HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER 2500. BY 1/28/2009. IF I COULD AFFORD ALL OF THIS I WOULDN'T NEED HELP. ANY WAY NOW THEY SAY THEY CAN'T MODIFY THE LOAN. SO WITH OVER 100000.00 IN EQUITY IN THE HOME WE CANT GET HELP WITH. WE DICIDE WE WILL AND FIND A CHEAPER HOUSE WITH THE EQUITY FROM THIS HOUSE . I SPOKE TO CITI AND THEY TELL ME I CANT GET ANOTHER MORG THAT NO ONE WILL FINANCE ME BECAUSE I HAVE 90 DAY LATES. SO IF I SELL MY HOUSE SO I CAN CUT MY MONTHLY PAYMENT IN HALF AND PUT 100, 000.00 DOWN ON A NOTHER HOUSE NOONE IS GOING TO HELP ME . SO HOW DO I GET BACK ON MY FEET. I DONT GET THE BAIL OUT HELP. HOW ARE AMERICANS GOING TO BETTER THEM SELVES. NOT TO MENTION IF YOU LIVE IN NY LIPA IS RAPING US WITH THERE RATES AND NO ONE EVEN ADDRESSES THAT. YOU WOULD HAVE TO LIVE BY CANDLE LIGHT TO AFFORD THEIR HIGH RATES AND I BET THEY COULD FIND AWAY TO CHARGE US FOR THAT AND GET AWAY WITH IT. OH AND HERE IS ANOTHER KICKER WITH CITI BACK IN JUNE I MAID A PAYMENT AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS SHORT 152.00 DOLLARS . SO THE PAYMENT DIDN'T GET APPLIED SO I WESTERN UNION THEM THE MONEY AND THE NEXT MOTH I FIND OUT THIS IS STILL NOT CREDITED FOR THE THE MONEY WENT SOME WERE ELSE SO IF I WANT THE CREDIT FOR THE MONTH I HAVE TO PAY IT AGAIN, BUT STILL NO CAN GIVE ANSWERS WHY THE MONEY IS NOT APPLIED TO THIS MONTH SO THAT MAKES IT 4 MONTHS BEHIND BECAUSE NO HAS FOUND AN ANSWER. THATS WHY THEY WONT ME TO PAY JANUARY. BUT I CANT GET ANSWERS WERE IS JUNES MONEY. STILL MAKING PHONE CALLS AND STILL GETTING A NEW NUMBER TO CALL . THEY HAVE MORE #S THAN CUSTOMERS IT SEEMS.

Jj
  24th of Apr, 2009

Today I contacted CitiMortgage for the 7th time since December regarding their Homeowner's Assistance program. Like a couple of others who have written, I am simply trying to be PROACTIVE and get things taken care of before we are in a hole we cannot get ourselves out of. Since December, I have been told to wait for up to 6 weeks everytime I call. They have taken a breakdown of our income v debts (3) times and it always gets lost in their system. We are assigned to counselors that cannot be reached unless they call you, and even then from the hours of 9-5. Today I was told our case had been closed. They had been trying to call a number not even associated with my account. Since there is another number available for them to call I asked why they didn't try that number. Taking the time to dial 20 digits isnt that much more difficult than dialing 10. The woman who answered my call told me that even though I have been calling since December it doesn't matter because they tried to contact me and didn't get me. When I asked for her supervisor I was told that he wouldn't be able to help me. When I asked to speak to someone at CitiMortgage who could help me, she said-- "No one at CitiMorgage will ever be able to help you ma'am". I told her she had just said a mouthfull. She then proceeded to tell me that I was trying to manipulate their system to suit my needs. Funny since all I have been doing is calling and waiting, calling and waiting, submitting my information again, calling then waiting. I wish I knew I was manipulating so poorly. She then told me that now the operators are able to give you an instant yes or no about whether you qualify for assistance through them BUT they have no house value for us in their system so before she needs to ORDER ONE AND IT WILL TAKE 2 WEEKS!!! It's been since December. We pay our VERY high payment on time every month and we are sinking. I can't get anyone to contact me or help me or even listen. Finally, I was told that if I called with the attitude I had today again, no one would help me. Well, honestly no one is helping me now. It's all a scam to make CitiMortgage look like they are helpful.

Ni
  28th of May, 2009

The Citimortgage Homeowner's Assistance Program is a farce. The CEO of Citimortgage was on TV several months back touting his proactive programs in assisting homeowners by scaling back their monthly mortgage payments to $500 for at least three months. This was a lie! I was laid off at the beginning of the month and immediately called - waited until yesterday to hear back from them - only to have them tell me that since I am unemployed they cannot help me!!! Of course, the person I spoke with did not have an answer to my question about their CEO spouting off on TV and making himself look good.

It is all lies and obfuscation. They don't care about the little people. The media needs to stop advising people to contact their creditors if they run in to hard times. The absolute worst thing that you can do is contact any of them because any assistance (and I use the term loosely) will result in your credit card account being closed. If it is a mortgage, and you are unemployed, you are screwed!! If you are unlucky enough to lose your job, there are no programs for you - not even for three months to allow you to get back on your feet. So much for the billions of dollars that went to the banks - when do we get our little share? This is a national disgrace and the people need to let those bloated pompous ### that we have elected know that we are not happy. At the very least, kiss me before you do me!!

Th
  20th of Jul, 2009

CitiMortgage is a JOKE! These are the most the most laziest, worthless lenders I have EVER encountered. March of this year we were qualified to refi with them (I called THEM) and FINALLY after 1 month they sent the packet for our review and we were to send it back in. You better beleive it was mailed actually sent FEDEX next day delivery to them. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I decide to call in they try and say they never received it, FUNNY becasue I had a signed receipt confirmation that they received it, AND I also faxed over the necessary sheets, and had confirmation the fax went through. Well then their story changed and it was in for review. Well while I waited I sent over my information for a modification. Long story short, its now nearing the end of July, I have called those worthless ### every week and have yet gotten no further than where I was. No one ever knows anything when you call, and as soon as I throw out that I have a list a mile long of people I spoke with there and the dates and times and their comments I either get hung up on or left on hold. Citmortgage is a bunch of ###!!!

Su
  20th of Aug, 2009

I was planning a move out of town so I put my home up for sale and it was on the market for months with no offers. At that time I was not behind on my mortgage. I found a renter moved in with my mom and moved out of state. The renter stopped paying my property manager "use the term loosely" stopped answering calls and basically screwed me. When it came to paying my rent where I currently lived and paying my mortgage my mortgage got paid but it was a little late. In the midst of it all I FINALLY got the deadbeats out of my home AFTER they stole checks that were sent to my old address and the police got involved. This was months later and at this point the house was empty. I could no longer pay everything so I fell behind in my mortgage payments. I contacted Citi repeatedly and left messages with EVERYONE but no one knew anything. I was transferred from department to department to department... it was ENDLESS and unproductive. I finally got a renter in the house and I was finally told I could do a modification then was put on a payment plan ... paying about 150 over my mortgage amount. I was told to make the extra payments for a few months sending by certified check then I'd get some paperwork giving me my final amount that I'd begin to pay. I NEVER heard from my "counselor" again. He never answered my calls and never returned my calls again. I've called over and over and over and over and OVER!! Each time I've been told I haev to talk to a different person and I've called and left messages. Today I FINALLY hear from someone who tells me since I don't live in the house they can't modify my loan and I'm now 8 months behind because the payments I was sending in technically didn't count. If it wasn't so HORRIBLE it would be funny!!! LOL So basically the lady tells me ... my new payments will be $250 over what my normal payments were. However... if I put a couple thousand down... lol I told her she could STOP talking right then!! She told me my only options were to pay what she said or do a Short Sale. This is just RIDICULOUS and at this point I don't give a d*mn anymore. My only concern is... I own my own home now (for what it's worth) the way the banks are holding onto the money they are supposed to be lending... I'm scared I won't be able to get another home loan in the future (couple years). However, this WHOLE process is just a massive headache...

Sp
  17th of Sep, 2009

Hello to All,

Honestly I can relate to all of you. Since Sept.2008 my husband and I been seeking help with Citi. First they put us into a payment plan, then trial modification..etc..etc...I wonder if there's any way or the media can send a message out there of what these Citimortgage so call good reps are doing to millions of us that are trying to safe and stay in their home.

An
  3rd of Jun, 2010

Citi Mortgage is a joke. I was going through a divorce and we had a 2nd home in Florida. The bubble burst and my ex decided she was no longer going to pay her 1/2 of the Florida mortgage. We contacted Citi and were told that they couldn't talk to us until we were 30-45 days delinquent. We ended up doing a deed-in-lieu but now they won't take my ex's name off my primary home loan due to that on my credit report. I can't refinance because of that mark on my credit report and all I want is for my ex's name to be removed from my loan. I have no idea what to do.

Ji
  20th of Aug, 2010

The modifications and/or hardship assistance program is a farce: They have not tried to help anyone that I know of with the modification. After breaking my finger while working i stay out 1 year to recover not by choice, but because I needed time to let it heal. I have sent so many doc. to get the modifications they cant delaying you only for you to get more behind and do nothing to help you. I have been in my house since 2004 and now that i am about to lose my home they keep delaying me, miss leading me and even giving me the run around. They have all this money from obama's plan and they are not even helping no one. I dont have good credit because i got behind with the mortgage. They are not helping customers with the loans, and if they are suppose to are have this money to do so then they should be doing so, if they dont then I dont have anything else to say but its wrong how citimortgage is holding out on those who are trying.

Tr
  4th of Jan, 2011

After two years trying to work with CitiMortgage, I am worse off. I lost my wife's income due to her cancer operations. Medical fees, depleting savings, , my 401k, and liquidating what I can. I spent two years of stress talking with numerous Citi employees with them all asking the same questions and never getting results. What one person says you can do, another person says you can't. The end result for me was a modification reducing my mortgage $137 a month by giving me a 40 yr, interest only loan, , , plus adding $15, 000 to the end of the loan for penalties I was charge during a trial period. I wasn't told they were going to charge the fees. My modification was $1192 with a $875 fee. I found a descrepancy in the loan and called them about it. They said it was a computer mistake, its now $1398 but new fees, a week later they called back and said there is a $1875 fee. They did everything they could to drain me. Helping a customer is not a concern, they are in the business to make money. Now I'm presently still in my home. Appraised at $140k and I owe $300k. Lucky me! I still have to replace the roof, repair and finish a pool and the AC needs to be replaced. Where's the incentive to stay? I can no longer afford this home. I don't know how to break the news to my wife and son. I see there are many in the same boat. I've been in this home for 26 years and rebuilt it. Now with the economy and lifes challenges, I'll have to leave.

Pe
  8th of Jun, 2011

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
When you call Citimortgage make sure you document the time you call and get the agents ID number. If you have a device to record them make sure you do this too. My home was placed in forclosure and I was told by the lawyers that were hired by Citi If I’d not been so savy and knew how to document I’d lost my home. Now I’m doing the short sale and it’s a nightmare…, but of course I’ve already filled up a notebook of documents of the conversations to cover my asss. BEWARE OF ASHELY LESTER WITH NATIONAL QUICK SALE… This is a third party company that is helping Citi with these short sales. She is not on your side BEWARE OF NATIONAL QUICK SALE they are not trying to help you. I put $3, 00.00 dollars into my house to help sell it and she went behind my back and dropped the price from 98, 000.00 to 31, 500.00 with my signature. The realtor was in total shock he said, I can’t believe she did that.. of course I have her recorded and a e-mail trial of all the WRONG things she did. Again BEWARE of this company.They had the nerve to ask me, “why are you so involved with this?” I said, Are you serious?, I work for a bank also I know what you are doing is wrong. She said, Well we aren’t use to the homeowner being so involved…. Nuff said. BEWARE!

Tg
  9th of Sep, 2011

CitiMortgage bought our loan 2 years ago and has no customer service at all. Our loan comes up for adjustment in February and we will not play their game - we will just let our Real Estate Lawyer take over - I will take the money from our tenants and stop paying them if they continue to blow us off. "Wait 3 months and we'll send you the paperwork. We can't talk until you are behind on your mortgage. Here is the number for that Department" : then we call and call and there is nothing on the other end.

The Bank we had originally financed with and then refinanced with, Fleet Mortgage, was a great one to work with, but CitiBank is only a Bank for Corporations and the elite. So before I shove it all up their uncaring behinds, I will take all of our money out of Citi and then stick my finger up in the air, unless by some miracle they are willing to work with us in a positive way, which I doubt will ever happen.

Why not take the money from the rental throughout the long foreclosure processs or at least until Citi agrees to a Shortsale? Screw them. They are a Bank full of a-holes, and the Government Program Obama put his name on is a joke in an economy where most houses are worth less than 60 percent of wht they once were - Let Citi eat the paper, and half the house too. We'll get our A Credit rating back in time.