Citi Master Card / Unauthorized charges

I called to make a payment and asked if I could make one on line. However they do not have a wesite that one can make a payment at but for only $14.95 processing fee I could make a payment over the phone. I needed to pay my bill today or it would be late so I had to pay the fee. Now here is the clincher. They do not let you pay the fee with your bill from your checking account. They add that $14.95 to your statement. This means that you are charged interest on those monies and it drives up the amount you owe on the card. What in the heck is wrong with our government that they allow credit card companies to rob the hard working consumers. This should be against the law.

Lo

Comments

• Da
      29th of Jul, 2009

I agree with you 100 %. What is wrong, the government that suppose to protect and work for the people, is now on the payroll to work against the people. I think America is great but the government sucks.

• Bn
      10th of Sep, 2009
    Citi Master Card - closed account
    Alabama

Citi Master Card closed my account, have had it for a year (received when they cancelled my Macy's account for non use).
    Decided to dedicate it for my two condo's use and started using it, have less than 1000 balance.

The letter said they did a review and was basing the closing on the Equifax credit report. I pulled the report and the last
    late payments on any account were in 2005, 5 years ago. My credit score was 706 and it said I would be considered a good risk.

I am at a loss as to why they did this. Will this hurt my credit score?