Citi Credit Cards / I will never use it again

United States Review updated:

Until recently, I was a devoted Citi Card user with decades of spending against a $41, 500 credit limit. I had developed a great payment history, with a zero balance. Last year, I decided to stop using credit cards in general and start paying cash. However, I didn't intend to never use Citi Card again. When Citi Card sent me a statement with their annual $50 fee, I called to let them know I'd not be using the card and could we do something about that fee. After a dispute, I vowed never to pay them their fee for a service I wasn't even using. They kept billing me, assigning finance charges and then reported me to the banks, affecting my credit rating. When I called "Customer Service" to discuss the problem, they informed me that they had closed my account because of my "bad payment history", citing me as a "credit risk", completely ignoring the fact that my outstanding balance was a fee they created and insisted I pay for a service I wasn't using. When I asked them if they wanted my business back-- they said "no, you're a credit risk"!!! While I can understand closing my account, I am appalled at the insistence by more than one "customer service" rep that I was a "bad customer".
Va

More Citi Credit Cards Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Va

Citi Credit Cards - They &didn't receive& any of my two payments
Citi Credit Cards
www.citicards.com

My payment of $20.00 was due on June 5, 2008. On May 15, 2008, I mailed my first payment of $20.00 to City Cards. When I checked my records (phone) on May 31, 2008, the payment wasn't posted. On June 1, 2008, I mailed a second payment priority mail. When I checked my records (phone) on June 3, 2008 - the due date - none of the two payments was posted.

Afterwards, I talked to three customer representatives, and explained the situation. All three claimed that none of my payments was received and I would be charged a late fee. The last representative told me that if I weren't happy, I could cancel my account immediately.

Once I saw a Dateline show, in which a former credit card company associate told horror stories about payments being destroyed in order to charge customers late fees. If there were any doubts in my mind about these allegations back then, there aren't any now. There is no doubt in my mind that Citi Cards intentionally screwed me up in order to extract some money from me, as there is no doubt in my mind that there are many other victims of Citi Cards' unethical practices.

I suppose very few people realize that when one is treated unfairly, he or she finds a way to balance things, because there should be balance in the world, right? So, Citi Cards treated me unfairly today; tomorrow I will treat someone else unfairly, and then, in turn, he or she will do the same to another. And, who knows, one day the Citi Cards CEO's, or one of the many shareholders', mother or daughter may come to me for a radiation treatment. Believe me, you wouldn't want me to be pissed off, because it may cost you much more than you gained from charging me a late fee.
Re

Citi Credit Cards - Increase of APR
CITI
922 N Erie Ave
Lindenhurst
New York

I checked my credit card account online and my APR went from 13.99 to 29.99???? I am just outraged. I called CITI and they advised I was late in April? My payment was due on April 1st and the payment posted on April 2nd which was a Saturday. So the APR went up because of this to 29.99? I have this Citi card since 2007 and never missed a payment or was late with a payment. Also i did not know that if the payment was made a day after due date it is considered late. NORMAL credit card companies don't consider that late and also give a grace period. I have a perfect history with Citi since 2007 so I am not sure how my APR can almost triple. I will make sure I go and report this to the Banking dept and send a copy of this email to them. Also I will make sure I will never refer anyone to Citi. This is horrible customer service and in this economy not what people need. I never received a notification that the APR went up until I saw it on my online banking page. We are in July and the supposedly late charge was in April. I am supposed to get the disclosure regarding any interest rate changes.
Sincerely, a very dissatisfied customer.
In
  8th of Jun, 2016
Reka I could beat my head against a wall explaining to you how a credit card works, but apparently you are too stupid to understand. Just close your account, crawl under your rock and use cash from now on.
Mi
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Reka2011, my name is Mike Cardace and I work for Citi in customer service and advocacy. I'd like to look into this matter for you. Please send me an email, copy in your post from the ComplaintsBoard site, and let me know the best number/time to reach you.

Regards,
Mike Cardace, Citi
michael.cardace@citi.com
Ri
  11th of Jun, 2016
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Citi is the worst credit card company ever, and I hope the dam place burns down.