Citi Credit Card / Sales Sales Sales!

Since opening a Citi card a few months ago, I have been unable to contact this company without being barraged by sales efforts. Their customer service is so sales focused that I dread the half hour it takes to get through a phone call. Upon activating my card, they sold me a "Credit Protector" plan which I did not need. When I have called to cancel this, they repeatedly attempt to keep me on board. They have succeeded once but after four attempts today, I informed the rep that he was over his limit of 3 attempts and that I really did want to cancel. When I called to change my name after getting married, again they attempted to sell me something. I dont feel this company has my interest in mind, only their profit level. I am sorry that I have opened an account with them but I am afraid to cancel because then I would have to call again. They also make it impossible to do any changes online, forcing you to call and be attacked by sales pitches.

N  4th of Mar, 2009 by
Hello Nicolebol,

Let me start by saying that I am an ex-customer service representative for CitiCards. I wanted to let you know that you can call the customer service number and request to be opted out of inbound marketing on phonecalls. I know you may not believe me and I totally understand, but when I was a representative I didn't offer things to upset anyone. Please give customer service a call and request to be opted out. Take care.
A  26th of Jul, 2009 by
I was wondering if anyone has experience with this. Citi bank AA Advantage says they are not aware of the the offer i signed up for - which was mileage if i spent $750 by nov. and also free companion flights for a year.
If anyone finds this offer online, can you let me know! Thanks! polish6@aol.com