Citi Bank - Mumbai, India / loan recovery problem

1 India Review updated:

I have taken a personal loan of 2.5lakh from citi bank almost one and half years and paying all emis, I am paying emi on every 10th of the month.

Bank is asking me to pay emis on 1st by ecs where my salary credits after 3rd or 4th of every month. Due to this I have been treated as default by the citi bank and other bank. My bank record got negative. Now I want to apply for a fresh loan but I can't where I think I am not in faults.

Every month citi bankers are calling all the time and disturbing my daily routing work and due to I have been lat down by my family and neighbors. I lost my dignity.

In feb2007 bank hits emi on 7th without intimation and send a recovery man to collect the cash payment on 9th feb2007. I was deposited 16000/- on 9th feb2007 in the hsbc account as I thought 10th is ecs date. Again the same man came for cash recovery on sunday morning 8am. My sunday gone for toss again I lost my family faith. I was with my relatives on the day. Imagine what could have happen to me. I lost my image.

Beware of citi bank - mumbai, india!

Comments

• Ra
      5th of Apr, 2007

Citi Bank has every right to collect the due emi on 1st of every month as they have to collect their revenue.

If you want to pay on 10th then who is loosing interest for the 10 days? Its bank.

You should not take loan if you are not willing to pay as and when demanded as per agreement on which you have signed.

So man.. stop blaming the Citibank.. its has not just become the world's largest and no.1 financial institution.

2nd of Dec, 2007

Citi Bank is the worst serveice bank i strongly agree, even i am also having the Bitter expereince. while using the CITI bank card.
    Last sep06 i used your card at. sri abirami outlet for a petrol of Rs.200 but in my statement i received Rs.100 extra. i don't know how it happened. i believed the Citibank i thought this is a mistake you did. so you will be reversed the amount, but now you telling this is for last year's transaction so we unable to give you a money credit back. it is very funny this amount is my money now you are having with you but if i asked you are telling this.Very good way for earning the money. if you can conduct a class for this very useful for the public.And last 16th i gave the request for closing my card that time my credit balance is -26 Rupees (Citi has to pay for me). But you guys not closed the card behalf of this i received a letter. But now this month i received a statement for Rupees 198 Service charge. I am amazing.This is called Citibank Public service and customer service????.

Note: CC adress is all my friends who is having the CITIBANK card with him.

My Questions is

1) I need how you are saying after one year you can't credit the amount.
    2) If i am say the same to you, after using your card, after one year will you be accept!!
    3) If you accept my No.2 Question what should i do now!!!!!!.
    4) Why you not closed the card 16th of last month when i gave my request for Card closing. and you convenience me For Just for Rupees 198.

2nd of Dec, 2007

I agree in my experience CITI is the worst bank in customer service. i am also having bitter experience in CITIBANK

My Questions is

1) I need how you are saying after one year you can't credit the amount.
    3) If you accept my No.2 Question what should i do now!!!!!!.

• Mi
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Even i have issue with Citibank... Though somewhat different.

Its regarding my savings account which was opened as a salary account by company (IN MUMBAI) i used to work previously. Its almost almost 2 years now, that i have left that company. Mind that, I received a letter saying my account has been automatically transferred to Suvidha type of account where i have to maintain minimum of Rs. 5000. Till this, its fine.

Now since these last 2 years i m working with some other company which holds salary account with other bank. I have NO NEED to take care of the citibank account now. Here is where the problem arises.

The procedure to close the account is PATHETIC. One is supposed to courier a letter all the way to Chennai to make the A/C closing request to get processed. THATS VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Their representative opened it in MUMBAI, and for any a/c closure request has to be couried to Chennai.

Fine. I have sent such request TWICE and each time, the customer care representative comes up with some scheme and all non-sense WHICH I HAVE ALWAYS DENIED TO ACCEPT and always opted to close the account and issue a cheque / transfer the existing money.

BUT THEY DO NOT LISTEN. During these two years, i have received two credit cards which are linked to my citibank account WHICH I NEVER ASKED FOR. THE GUYS ARE NOT SIMPLE READY TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND CREDIT MY MONEY....

THIS IS RUDE...

18th of Apr, 2008

I have written a mail to the CEO, Citi Bank on April, 14, 2008. No reply has been sent to me yet.
    I am shocked to see how they treat their customers. It seems like if one is trapped in CITI Bank loop just once, its enough business for CITI Bank. They do not seem to believe in lifelong business relationship, like other banks do.
    Anyway, I was imposed a Personal Loan by CITI Bank in Feb, 2006 against my wish to keep the loan. Just to save my energy for some better stuff, I stopped arguing with CITI Bank at that time. I paid the EMI with interest for 27 months, so far, alongwith a Processing fee of Rs. 1000/- ( I have paid money to get in trap of CITI Bank).
    I am trying to foreclose this personal loan account now. But CITI Bank personnel are harrassing me, be it their call center or their office staff. I visited CITI Bank, Mumbai branch and was denied the closure at the branch. They told me to send the letter to Chennai office, while for loan CITI BAnk guys came to my house at Mumbai.
    I called their call center from US and they harrasses me for 1 hour on international call.

There is a difference of Rs. 15000/- between the amount as per their own statement and the amount they are asking me to pay now.
    You may not even think of the ways in which CITI Bank can harass you. You talk to their customer service or officer or CEO or head customer service, they all reply the same.

I feel like entrapped in their net, want to come out somehow. I want to get rid of CITI Bank's name from my life. I would beware all my friends of CITI Bank. If you have any association with them, close it now or they will make you repent later.
    Due to their horrible attitude towards cusomers, they have posted a loss of $5.1 billion in first quarter of 2008. They deserve it. This bank must be closed for the benefit of the community.

• Ji
      24th of Apr, 2008

dear sir...

sub : personal loan clearence certifiacte not issue to us..still

our personal loan no 024466650638134 Mr. J.I.Patel Guj, ahmedabad has been completed inspite of could noot received p.loan clereance certificate

make a action soon
    contact my mob +91 942-701-8362

reply by mobile or email

thank you..

J.I.Patel

• Mu
      9th of Sep, 2008

Dear sir/madam,
    kindly issue a statement of accounts of may personal loan a/c.from start to till date bcoz i am not getting that statement last 2 years.
    Thanks & Ragards.
    Mukesh P.

• Jb
      16th of Oct, 2008

please furnish certificate of principle and interest recovered and to be recovered from April 2008 to March 2009 on my residence address. Loan no 210513 refernce no 2002337.

• Vi
      29th of Oct, 2008

I WANT TO OPEN AN NRE ACCOUNT GET E DETAIL OF IT .EMAIL ME OR PLEASE CALL ME AT 9920663434. ITS URGENT TO ME

• Am
      4th of Feb, 2009

hi somebody has been collected my documnets but i dont get any call yet
    so please let me know wat i should do
    Amit Dubey
    Mumbai

15th of Apr, 2009

I am a Swedish citizen of Indian origin with a passportno: 10708058. I have an NRI account in Citibank Green Park or Green Park extension, New Delhi.

I want you help to locate the address of the citibank where I have my NRI account. I have misplaced my details.

Can you help?

Mariam John Meynert
    Spolegatan 11, Lund Sweden
    Tel :+46-46-129657
    mobile +46706949897
    e-post: mariammeynert@swipnet.se

• Vi
      8th of Sep, 2009

Dear I have purchased my Bike Pulsar on Dated 03.12.2007 in Fair Deal Automobile.in Dariyaganj my loan amount is completed for this month 05 Sep 2009., why we are not giving me NOC Pls tell me and send us my NOC my personal mail id
    Vinaysrivastava121@hotmail.com

• Lv
      9th of Nov, 2009

Citibank, one of the very advanced bank in technology is not able to do the following. I like their services but not some of the policies.

1. They are not able to accept personal loan monthly payment date as per customer's wish. They insist on 1st of every month and put peole and themselves under great inconvenience. If a person gets monthly pay on 3rd, how would they be able to pay the due on 1st ?

2. To pre-close the loan, they say it'll take 10 days. We have to call them over phone and tell them that we are going to pre-close. Then they will send a form and that has to be sent back for 'processing'. I see it as a way of extracting some more interest from the customers. It is very hard to believe that they can't close the loan over the counter.

• In
      12th of Jan, 2011

ciiti bank really is [censor] bank, this bank literally sucks
    1st angrez came and looted our country
    then [censor] bank looted their own nation
    now they r comin back to loot our countrymens savings
    all those who looted citibank -------way to go
    this [censor] bank needs to eat dirt

• Ge
      30th of Apr, 2016

Yes agreed, after all they recruit the best brains from all over the countries IITs and IIMs to loot their own countrymen !