Citi Bank / huge annual fee

1 P.O. Box 44180, Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

I have been a loyal customer of Citibank for over a decade. I have the AAdvantage Credit Card. Last year we called and complained about the cost of the annual fee, which had risen. They reduced the fee and offered us miles. The customer service agent stated this could be an option we could use this year again rather than cancel the card. We kept the card and have continued to use it. This year I called again to have the fee reduced or removed. I was told that they were not going to reduce or remove the fee and I could cancel the card if I am not happy with their response. I was upset by this response as this is not what I was told previously. Honestly, there are too many credit cards out there that offer wonderful benefits to customers like me who have perfect credit and pay our bills on time. I have starting using another card during these past two years that offers no fee and provides great benefits. I see no use in keeping the Citibank credit card if they are going to charge huge annual fees. It seems a shame to lose a customer like me, but I don't mind canceling my card if customer service representatives are allowed to be untruthful and I am going to be charged to use their card. You would think Citibank would want to keep their customers. But I guess with billions of dollars being given out by the government, why should a company like Citibank provide good customer service?

Ol

Comments

• Am
      20th of Apr, 2007

I get irritating phone calls from number +91 80 64528813. Anyone has the same experience?

5th of Sep, 2007
    Citi Bank - no security and no confirmations
    India

Citi bank people give the CREDIT CARDS or SOME other cards. They take money for that cards, directly from your account. They didnt inform any about this.

After complaint i got the money back(For LIfestyle card).

from my Credit Card account they given 60000 money to citibank merchant. They didnt verify my details and they didnt inform me also.

His merchant told me, he will confirm and drop the letter and citibank take the confirmation about this before transfer money to merchant account. So he requested me to give the +ve reply to citibank confirmation call.

No one (citibank or merchant) confirmed with me. Merchant drop the slip and citibank transfer money in MINUTES.

Both the sides i reported this.

Merchant told he cancelled the membership and money comes back to the account in 45days.

citibank didnt care about the customer.

He dont have any responsibility for customer.

Where to logg the complaint about this, in online?

Thanks and Regards,
    SRINIVASA

• Mr
      28th of Sep, 2007

I WANT TO SEE THE ORIGINAL COPY OF CITI BANK TRANSFER SLIP SO AS TO BE SURE OF ANY TRANSACTION

3rd of Oct, 2007
    Citi Bank - fraud & cheating!
    India

Please do not use citibank credit cards never ever. The biggest surprise will be even though you clear the complete outstanding on your Citi Bank credit card again the minimum amount will be debited from your savings a/c. and they will say it will be credited back if it is am extra amount but god only knows if it will be credited or not. So my humble request to all of you is not to use CITI BANK CREDIT CARDS. You will see lot of hidden charges afterwards!!!

• Va
    Colorado Sprinngs
    Colorado
    Phone: 604-335-2222
    www.citicards.com

I like to file a complaint against Citi Cards. I told them what I was told. I tried to explain Identity Theft was the problem and they call 10 or 15 times a day. I guess all my cards (or most of them are owned by Citi Bank) I told them I'd fallen, I also informed them of the anxiety attacks that I've been having and to please stop calling. I've had their cards a long time. I've never been late or anything, but I sent in a check on the 23rd of Dec 2017, then they received another check because they told me that they did not receive the other one. Afterwards they have me making 2 payment is Dec paid 150.00 each so they said the checks went to that date in Dec.(therefore I owed again for Jan.) (This id theft started in June of 2017 so why would I pay them 2 payment s of $150.00) ridiculous.

Its ridiculous.

• Ha
      8th of Jul, 2008
    Citi Bank - not recieving my card
    Citi Bank
    Egypt
    www.citibank.com

Kindly be informed that citi bank contact me at March this year informing me that mastercard decided to change my credit card number in case of any fraud cases, as they claimed it might happened due using the card outside Egypt while traveling in U.K. Unfortunately I didn't receive the card as I was told within 7 working days. I had payments that are deducted directly from the card which stopped from deduction. I contacted citi bank and they informed me that they will call Armax to deli ever the card at my work address.

Till now I didn't receive the card!

• Mo
      9th of Sep, 2008

To : City Bank, Cairo
    CC : City Bank, Head Office

Attn. Credit Cards Devision,

Date: 27/7/2017

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Kindly be notified that I encounter a problem regarding my credit card No. 5419550103480008 owned by Mohamed Shahat Shahat Sayed Hegazi, issued at 8/2017.

To illustrate, you refused to increase my credit limit (my current credit limit is EGP 3000). I sent you a request ti increase my credit limit, but you replied that I have to wait untill 6 months are gone after the date of my loan. I really can’t understand what’s the relationship between my credit card and my loan. I asked you to increase my credit limit for two reasones: 1- my salary increased from EGP 1020 to EGP 1600, 2- the transactions volume of my purchases through your credit card. If the credit limit is higher than EGP 3000, my transactions would much exceeded the current ones because I always have to wait two days for the deposit to be shown in the card so that I can use the card again, or the existence of a payable amount that is more than EGP 3000, represented in PCs invoice, etc. this creates pressure on my work, and forces me to use other cards and divide the amount.

Sorry for taking so much of your precious time in this introduction.
    Coming to the point, eventually I kept waiting untill the 6 months passed, then I re-submitted the request again. After a while, and to my surprise, one of your respected employees called me and said that there is an offer for me, which is to exceed my loan’s amount. I told him that I submitted a request to increase my credit limit, not my loan’s amount. He replied literally that this wouldn’t affect my credit-limit increase since 6 months are passed already, and hence I can increase my credit limit and at the same time get advantage of the bank’s offer, on that basis I agreed to the offer.
    3 days later, I got a phone call from your esteemed bank telling me that the extra loan amount was added to the balance, and your employee told me that I can’t increase my credit limit since I took a new loan. In response to that, I told her that I refuse to receive the loan amount because your respected collegue told me before hand that it is a spplemantary loan, and not a new one, and hence it won’t affect my credit-limit increase. To my disaapointment, she said that the loan’s amount was already added to the balance, and they can’t take it back by any means.

To sum up, I still insist on increasing my credit limit since I hold a position of purchase officer in the company I work for, and my transactions volume through your bank card exceeds EGP 80000 since 8/2017. attached to this message, you will find balance sheets of other two cards related to other banks I deal with, and you can notice the difference that they give me more advantages than I do, and if you have exceeded my credit limit, I would have done all my transactions through your bank:

Bank Issue Date Credit Limit Transactions Amount Notes
    Piraeus Egypt 9/2017 3600 EGP 30000
    United Bank 3/2017 4800 EGP 12000

Therefore, Kindly agree on transfering my credit card into the Gold edition and increase my credit limit to a minimum of EGP 15000 ( I would even appreciate it if it exceeded that amount). I’m waiting for your reply at your earliest convenience, and if the answer is no, I would repay the card’s debt and ask for an expiary warranty, although I wouldn’t like to stop dealing with your bank because you are a respected bank that provides excellent services, and you won’t be affected by accepting or rejecting a request of a minor customer like mine.

Thanks & Best Ragards

Mohamed Shahat Shahat Sayed Hegazi

Mob. +20101263053+20115888205
    Tel. +202 (37610129- 33380337) ext. 654 OR 106
    e-mail Mohamed.[protected]@mediaintl.net [protected]@hotmail.com

27th of Mar, 2009

ok so why did you apply for the card when you read on the application that it had an annual fee?

• Mo
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Yes, I totally agree with the complaint regarding Citibank fees! I, too, am a very good customer with Citibank and have been with them for years. I pay my balance in full regardless of the amount which is sometimes between $3000-$4000. I called them regarding their changes with respect to fees and point blank asked them if their fee structure is an attempt to offset all of the bad debt due to non-paying customers. Get this...the representative told me they would imposing extra fees for those of us who pay in order to offset the bad debt! I quickly responded to him that the first time I notice any extra fees or increased rates of any kind, they could "kiss this good customer goodbye"! I have excellent credit and don't need them! While I realize the rep doesn't make the rules, I told him he might want to make a note that the good customers will soon be dwindling and Citibank will have nothing but debt!

These credit card companies are nothing but thieves. Personally, I think they deserve to have all the bad debt.

30th of Apr, 2009

Yes they call me about 7 or 8 times a day.

• So
      13th of Jul, 2009

I simply love how all the Citi complaints end with "bailout" and "tax payer money" (yadda, yadda yadda) .. Almost all major banks/card issuers accepted bail out money.

• Vi
      8th of Sep, 2009
    Citi Bank - loan completed
    Citi Auto loan

Dear Sir
    I have purchased Bajaj Pulsar 15 DTS-i on Dated 03.12.2017 in Fair Deal Auto in Dariyaganj Delhi.
    My EMI is booked from only 18 Months Rs 2855 per month My first EMI has debt from April 2017 and My Last EMI is Sep-2017 sir i have already paid to all EMI but we are not give my Clearence Certificate So pls help me and provide my Clearence certificate on my email id [protected]@hotmai.com i am sending my bike details My Bike Black Bajaj Pulsar DL-7S BC 1722 Purchase from Fairdeal automobile Dariyaganj delhi 03.12.2017 and my mobile no is 9910159261
    thanks alot i am waiting for ur Reply ASAP

• So
      27th of Oct, 2009
    Citi Bank - unfair credit card prctices
    CITI BANK
    Nebraska

After 20+ years of never missing a payment, CITI sent me a letter stating my interest rate was going to increase from 7% to 29%. I have great credit. Sure, they are giving me the option to leave, and freeze my current balance at the current rate, but there are multiple ways closing an account can hurt your credit.

• Ca
      27th of Oct, 2009

I have heard that Citibank received government stimulus money, and they were required to lower credit limits, raise interest rates, etc. However, it doesn't look like they did this to the "bad" customers----they punished the "good" customers.
    Also, they are hurting people's credit scores in the process. They have lowered limits, so your debt to available credit is higher.

16th of Nov, 2009
    Citi Bank - debit card issue
    Savings Account
    Bahrain

I have created Citi Bank Savings Account on September Month. Till now, i didnt get amy ATM Debit card. So many times, i have visited the branch and the customer service executives are telling the genric message "your card will be despathced in week time". I called many times customer executives, there is no use. Those people does not have any information and they are telling, your details is not displayed, please visit the branch.

• Ju
      11th of Feb, 2010

I have had my Citibank card for 21 years. Yesterday a letter arrived telling me that I would be charged a $60 annual fee unless I put an average of $200/month on my card. In this time of economic crisis, when everyone is trying to spend less, I cannot believe that Citibank is trying to force me to spend more. I called and cancled my card. After 21 years. It was the first card I'd ever owned. But I can see that customer loyalty is lost Citibank.

• Mp
      12th of Feb, 2010

Same thing happened to me as the above poster. I'll be canceling my very first credit card that I got in college and it makes me sad (sentimental), but I refuse to pay an annual fee. I'm so tired of good, responsible people who pay their bills on time getting the shaft.

• Bi
      14th of Feb, 2010

Add another customer to the mix who got two letters and closed two old (10 & 14 years each) Citibank credit card accounts.

I guess I did not generate enough in transaction fees for Citi and paid off my balances in full each month (<----Bad consumer).

Screw You Citibank - Please pay back your bailout money and then go belly up!!!

• Bi
      14th of Feb, 2010

Added photo of letter

• Fr
      17th of Feb, 2010

I just got my letter yesterday, from Citibank regarding the $60 annual membership fee. My first CC as well, which, after 14 years, I will be canceling. Sad. It had my photo on it.