CIT Lease Finance/Bank Card USA / Ripping people off

1 2233 Avent Ferry RoadRaleigh, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 919-550-9482

These people are ripping people off.
I have a small hair salon in Raleigh, NC and I wanted to start taking Credit cards. At the time, I needed a machine that could deposit into 6 different accounts. Michael Shay (Chief Account Officer) from Bank Card USA could meet all my credit card needs. I could do everything though Bank Card USA.
Everything was done by phone and fax.
I was lied to.
Michael told me I had to pay $39.95 a month (the 1st month free) or $68.00 for 24 months (1st month free) for the machine. I was told after the term I selected, the machine would belong to me.
After about a year of using Bank Card USA, we found we could get everything cheaper with another company. Plus a new machine FREE! When I called to get the address to send the old machine back, I was told I had to pay the full 48 months.
SO I put the machine up in a cabinet and after the full 48 months, my account was still being drafted the $43.25. I thought the machine was paid for and belonged to me. I called Bank Card USA to see why they were still taking money from my account and was told Bank Card had nothing to do with the machine. Even though Back Card USA was on everything I signed. They transferred me over to what they called customer service with a leasing company. After calling for two days and waiting on the phone for up to 40 minutes, I finally got to talk to a real person, who tells me I had to box it up and mail it back to them and I would be charged for another month once they received the machine. She tells me I was only leasing the machine and if I wanted to buy it, I needed to pay an extra $200.00 & something and I could keep it. I couldn’t believe it. I had paid over $2000.00 for a machine that was worth nothing and one I had used only for the 1st year. On top of that, I had to pay to mail it back to them.
This is so wrong.
The Bank won't stop the drafts so what do you do???

Comments

• Is
      14th of Jan, 2009

There's all executive sales theives. BANKCARD USA aka MAVERICK CARD SERVICES have been ripping people off left and right. There are tons of compaints against this company for holding funds for no reason, charging outrageous undisclosed fees and attempts to distroy a companies creditbility not to mention your credit report.

These people will approve accounts without doing any background checks or anything for the sole purpose to charge you fees, illegally hold funds, and anything it takes for them to drain a person of their money. You wonder why they have two names, well thats easy. They are called Maverick Card Services by legal name, and they do business under BankCard USA, they ripped off so many people in the past, they dont want people to know, and pretty soon they'll prob. be changing the name of Bank Card USA. Why DBA an entirely different company if your a legit? Reality is they're crooks. Honestly, AVOID THIS COMPANY!

They will turn everything around and make it sound like honest sellers and companies are committing fraud, and make it sound like they are the victims, the only people who do that, are people who know what they do is illegal and have to think that way to justify their actions. The only way people are going to get people like this to stop is to expose them for what they are and sue them and make it public knowledge.

• Pe
      10th of Mar, 2009

I got the same thing happening to me.

Anything happened since you wrote this complain?

• Re
      23rd of Feb, 2010

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE ...DONT USE BANK CARD USA MERCHANT SERVICE ...THEY WILL RIPP YOU OFF... AFTER COUPLE TRANSCATIONS IF YOU HAVE LARGE TRANSCATIONS /THEY NEVER PAY AND HOLD YOUR ACCOUNT ...TRY TO RIPP YOU OFF. AND VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ...###ING ###S STOLE MY MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT ...THEY SAID FOR SECURTY FOR 18 MONTHS THEY HAD TO OFF .wHAT TO ### 18 MONTHS FOR HOLDS OFF ..BIG RIPP OFFF, , DONT USE THEM AT ALL...