Cis Worldwide / waste of money, time and no info provided

CIS Worldwide appeared to be very professional and well established public records database site. I accessed the site claims to public records for a one time fee usually $39.95. However this is misleading, what you are paying for is "credits" to do different searches for public records in their database. So in terms of "unlimited" that only applies until your money runs out at which time you must purchase more "credits". All of this information is laid out in their terms and conditions, but could be made much clearer up front.

With that being said, when you access their website each search is labeled with the amount it cost to perform, and if no results are returned then you are not charged. But it will give you results of people with the same name of the person your looking for but not the correct person. I received no information on the person I was looking for and no way to contact company for help or refund.

Comments

• Et
      17th of Dec, 2007
    Cis Worldwide - no info
    CISWORLDWIDE.com

ask for marriage license known to exist , told no in fo existed
    i married my wife in 1964
    i was tod no recrd exist. i have copy in my hot little hand
    i used this outfit because you reccommended it

• Kk
      9th of Sep, 2009

They are a Ripoff!!! You cannot contact the company in any way nor can you get a refund. You can however, keep paying them to find out nothing!!! Very cleverly designed money making scam site.

• Kg
      16th of Apr, 2010

I had exactly the same experience as you. Total scam. Just filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau.

29th of May, 2010

yeah, they charged me 20 bucks for worthless info. cannot reach support or any other services they offer. total scam, BBB ought to do a background check on whoever runs this company.

• Na
      6th of Aug, 2010

I did my initial search from them which came up with 6 results...when I wanted more info they wanted me to pay. So I did...and when I re-did the search it told me NO RESULTS FOUND...and CHARGED ME for it anyway! There must be somewhere we can report this company.