Circuit City / Extremely disrespectful customer service!

I have a complaint against Zach (store manager). He approached me and asked me if I had any questions, and I told him that the sony laptop model vgnc140B was on sale at compusa for $1099 cash and that the same model was offered at Circuit City for $1249 - $150 rebate. He said it was the same thing, but I told him that I would have to pay taxes on the $1249, and he said that it wasn't his fault, and that he would not match the price, and if I wanted it for that price to just go to compusa and buy it there. He was very rude and his tone of voice was extremely aggressive. I told him that he was not being professional and he said, "yeah Ok." I said that as the manager he should have better communication with customers and he said again, "Yeah, Ok." He also said, " you want to get it cheaper and the answer is NO." As a long term customer, I deserve better treatment and I would appreciate it if this individual gets some kind of reprement for such disrespect. I am a US ARMY combat verteran and I deserve better treatment. I just asked him a question and he was extremely disrespectful. Maybe it was my accent that he thinks gave him the right to treat me that way. Individuals like Zuch should not be allowed to be in charge of Circuit City stores because I have always made my electronic purchases at circuitcity and I deserve better, much better.

Comments

Ge
  14th of Dec, 2006

Should a customer ever be treated rudely? No. But this guy was rude... in your opinion. So maybe he was having a bad day. It's still wrong, but we all have bad days and we all make mistakes.

Since you're a Circuit City regular you know that this isn't how you're regularly treated there. What you were asking for wasn't possible. If you really wanted to cut out the extra taxes you should have gone to CompUSA. It's that simple.

Se
  23rd of Mar, 2007

We have purchased a pc game and we tried to play it on the computer, but it was not working good. We took it back after two days to exchange the game for the same one, better one, but the store manager told us they do not have the same game and that we have to travel to another store, about 15 miles away, to get the game. We asked him if they can order it for us from another store so that we don't have to drive that far to get it , but they gave us a cold shoulder. I will never shop there again and will tell my friends not to shop there too.

Ri
  2nd of Jul, 2007

I agree with the complainant regarding the service in his local Circuit City Store. If they can not treat you in a respectful manner than they should hand you off to another employee who can. Furthermore, no one should rise to the rank of store manager if he/she can not control his/her attitude. I came to this site to file my own complaint regarding Circuit City and their disrespectful employees but now I see that I would only be added to a very long line of similar complaints, thus there is just no sense in listing my own complaint. It just seems that it is not a wise choice to do business with Circuit City. I guess the employee attitude problems are allowed by the leadership in this organization (possibly even encouraged). Maybe they have to stoop to the bait and switch scheme, that is mentioned in so many of these complaints, just to lure customers through the door. And once they have you there they abuse you and chase you away like they did to so many of their past customers.

The best way to treat a business like Circuit City is to bring your complaints to the manufacturer of the product that you either had a problem with or were trying to purchase and then explain the problems you encountered at Circuit City. When they realize that they are loosing sales because of the personal and polices of Circuit City it is very likely that they will come down on Circuit City or stop doing business with them in the first place.

Ka
  21st of Jan, 2008

I have had a similar experience with Circuit City, and I have sent a letter to the corporate office regarding this. I purchased a TV there and paid for installation. the installation the salesman told me was to include the wall mounting of my tv. Well when the installer came to my home, he said all I paid for was "basic installation" meaning he was only going to make sure that the tv and satellite receiver were hooked up. Well I had already done that myself 3 days earlier. I then called the store to find out what the heck was going on, I paid for this installation and I wanted it done. The manager told me I had to come up with $400 and he would "throw in the brackets for inconvienence". I then decided to bring the TV back and he said go ahead that is your right. I then called what I thought was the corporate office,but turned out to be some other place, had some idiot transfer without telling me back to the store where I had talked with the manager.. I eneded up talking to someone else and we negotiated a compromise. I came up with $160 and they would have get them out to mount the tv on the wall. Well here we go once again, the installer comes out and says "you do not have the wires, we cannot install". Now when the cable man comes, the satellite man, and the phone guy, do you have to buy extra wires? No this is included in the cost of the installation. So now I have to come up with another $200-$300 for the wires. I called back to the store and told them that I was tired of the games and wanted my money back from the installation since no one seemed capable to do this. I was told that I could only get back a portion of the install since they came out and configured my TV. Well that is bull, no one touched my tv but me and my husband when we hooked it up ourselves.
I now remember why I NEVER buy from Circuit City. This is ridiculous.