Circuit City / Scammers

I bought an $1800.00 HP Laptop from the Circuit City more then 6 months ago. They offered a $150.00 HP mail in rebate and a $50.00 Circuit City mail in rebate. After waiting 4 months and not receiving either rebate I contacted the rebate center for both Circuit City and HP. Both claim they never received my rebate. What are the odds that both did not receive it? Sounds like they did not plan on receiving them. They both told me that the rebate had expired and there was nothing they could do. I wrote to the president of each company detailing what had happened. I received a response back from HP stating they would offer me some coupons for printer ink. They did not state how much they would be worth. I wrote back and stated that they should live up to the agreement and give me my $150.00. If I wanted printer ink I would buy printer ink. I told them that if this is the way they do business I would not buy anymore HP products. This was my fourth HP computer. I said I would also spread the word about their scam. They did not respond. Circuit City never bothers to respond.

Ed

Comments

• Tm
      26th of Aug, 2009

Circuit City went out of business, maybe that's why your not getting your re-bate.

• Cc
      29th of Aug, 2009

Took camera to Circuit City in Ohio, where I purchased it. I was told to write on a card what I wanted fixed and pay $32 in advance. I wrote I wanted "the record button fixed". About 2 weeks later I received a call from JVC and said it would cost $168 to fix the camera. When I asked why the cost was so high they said they also had to clean it and adjust the zoom. I told them I did not want it cleaned and that the zoom was working fine. They said the had an agreement with Circuit City that they had to fix anything "they thought needed to be fixed". I went to Circuit City and said I only wanted the record button fixed as I had requested and they said that I had to have all repairs, cleaning and adjustment done according to JVC. I told them to return my camera and wanted my $32 back, since I was not told of "the agreement Circuit City has with JVC" and I would not have left the Camera if I had been told. They would not refund the money. I also asked to speak to a manager and called the Corporate Offices. When I went to Circuit City to pick up the camera, the clerk said she had never heard of this agreement. In my opinion this is the same as stealing.

• Gr
      30th of Nov, 2009

I bought a high [censored]e laptop with a accidential warrenty plan. I I broughjt it to Circcuit City for minor reparis. a onth and ond half later I found someone dropped it and it was destroyed. The person who checked it in knew it w32as not damaged. City advantage offered me a computer for half the value and canceled my insureace as they said they replaced the computer. The problem was they destroyed it. Theyu made me pay.This willend up costin me $1500.00 as I had to get antoehr computer and a new warenty. Replacement means notihing. City advantage told me to read the fine print. It did not matter if I dropped it or they did. I lost all my programs, my data I had backed up. I lost one month and a half of use and they do not even seem to feel bad about it. City Advantage said customer care was none of their concern.. The manager of the store said, hey had no proff it was not damaaged, but they did not take pictures. I fond out that Tosheba wil give a warenty ontheir products and willcome to yor house ot fix it. I am canceliing allmy City Advantage warentys and going straight to the complanys to get warenties becasue they care.