Circle K / really bad employee policies

United States Review updated:

Circle k is really insane in how they treat there line level employees at the store level. I wont even go on the health care that is pretty much non existent except for salary employees. New policy that has come out. It is now required for all store employees to purchase coffee and fountain soda if they have any on there shift. I find this as just a complete penny pinching policy. Four comments and reasons on it. One these are products with very high profit margin. Soda for example is probably in the 150-200% area and coffee probably in 75% or higher. Two: with the policy that coffee needs to be dumped and changed every 2 hours on average I would assume close to a gallon of coffee is dumped a day. Three the policy is insane for store level employees in that okay so the people who work the graveyard, with no pay differential, have to pay. Same with people who open stores at 4 am and close the stores at night. Four is just something I would love to find out, might not be valid complaint. The corporate offices, are they supplied coffee or do the people that work in them pool a fund and pay for it. If it is like many companies I know it is usually a budgeted line under office supplies. Just a curiosity there.

Comments

• Ju
      27th of Oct, 2011

Was not fired...just find it an insane policy. I drink water anyway. Just an extra job for a few extra dollars thats all. Point is the people working there are barely above min wage and corporate offices get coffee and water...I found out they do btw. It is free for the corporate but for the employees who actually do the line work it is not. If your looking for ways to build employee moral they like pushing the limit. Especially hypocritical is the fact the policy for the coffee to be made is every 2 or 3 hours...its the coffee pots they start blinking when time to make new...it is a company policy written etc...the manager says just reset it if there is still coffee in the pots to its gone. So policies are subject to what saves money. Fresh coffee not always there. My manager got mad at me when a customer asks how old the coffee is I tell them the truth. Threatened to write me up...kind of pointed out can t write someone up for not lying...she walked away. Personally Im not afraid of the management or intimidated by them at all. I have no problem walking out if I wanted but the policies dont affect me.

1st of Nov, 2011

Circle K is corrupt from the district manager on up, I should know, I'm a henchmen in the employ of these corrupt individuals. I do their low level dirty work with a smile and a pat on the back, then I move on to the next store. I'm 'the cleaner', the smoke and mirrors guy who makes everything look right when things are so very wrong. My soul has been scarred by the things I've done for a buck so I thought a 'confession' might help, naw, I think I'll just get a fountain drink. Oh look a little chip in the lip of the cup, guess I'll write that one off as a loss, can't sell that to a customer. But hey why waste it like we waste the unsold donuts, I'll just use it for free. LA dee da, la da dee, look at me!

• Mm
      17th of Apr, 2013

Had a lost stollen phone and I received a message from the employer who was texting from the lost stollen phone who belongs to my boyfriend.. the employer is invading privacy of the owner who is my boyfriends phone.. I then contact 67 and McDowell circle k and the customer service did not provide her name I will speak to manager tomorrow

• So