Cingular / Do not refill Go Phone Cards

Used up my minutes on my plan a week before my account automatically refilled. Bought a Go Phone Card at Walmart.

Tried to enter the # and was eventually told by customer service at Cingular that I could NOT re up for more time using a pre paid card.

Now I have $$ tied up in a card I can't use- since the backis scratched off Walmart won't take it back.
Rebbecca Erverchoe was sassy, obsinant and not helpful AT ALL neither was her superior Shanya Whitter or in the office of the President Mike Thoms did not resolve the issue so now I'm waiting to hear from his boss so I can get my money out from this pre paid card I can't use and Cingular won't honor.

We are cancelling our Go Phones and going back to VIRGIN!

Va

More Cingular Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
    Cingular - Don't be victimized by this company

Quickly, I would like to express my sincere unhappiness with cingular wireless. To say the least, it is disheartening to be in a contract with this absolute sham of a company.

I have chronic billing problems, and I have the misfortune of spending a countless amount of time on the phone with cingular personnel trying to correct billing errors. The "customer service" staff is generally rude, unhelpful, and unsympathetic of their own mistakes. And just like the customer service reps, the so-called managers of these help centers are unqualified to handle billing errors and unhappy customers. (they should have plenty of practice in these matters - unhappy customers are the only kind of customers cingular has).

Don't be victimized by this company. Even if the monthly billing plans appear to be more cost-effective you will without-a-doubt pay above and beyond through cingular's billing mistakes.

Cingular - Question about huge Cingular bill

Here's the condensed version. Mom, Dad and I share an account. Our bill has always hovered around $150. Last month, darling teenage daughter began sneaking my cell out of my room and ran up around $2017 in charges, above and beyond the 5000 minutes we get with the plan. Yes, that's two grand. Yes, we owe it. It is a legit debt. I'm not arguing otherwise. Here's the question: Do I have any chance at all of getting Cingular to cut us a break here? We've been loyal customers for many years. I know on landlines, when kids run up ridiculous bills, the reg. phone co will sometimes lower the bill. But have any of you ever had luck with a cell phone co. in this regard? And yes, my teen is grounded for just about forever.

16th of Aug, 2006

Was the card from cingular? It sounds like you bought a card from wal-mart that has nothing to do with cingular, they received no money from the card you bought, and now you are trying to get money out of them. I think you need to take your complaint to wal-mart. When you buy a Go phone the insert tells you to go to a cingular store to buy more minutes. It doesn't say anything about wal-mart.

7th of Sep, 2006
    Cingular - Cell Phone Service - I recommend that anyone

I can't recommend Cingular to anyone. I am unable to make a cell phone call from my home using Cingular's service. Sometime I will have a connection but most of the time, I don't. If I do have connection, the call drops. I've talked to their tech support multiple times and have been told 1. It's the electronics in my home; 2. A cell tower is down; 3. We are in a low coverage area; 4. A cell tower is not down. Their complete lack of concern and customer satisfaction is evident. I recommend that anyone, considering Cingular cell phone service, first check the coverage in their area and make sure your phone will work. Cingular may advertise that they have the least dropped calls, but that obviously isn't true in our area of southern California.

• Jb
      7th of Sep, 2006

I recently signed up for Cingular for my cell phone. I bought my phone and signed up on-line on June 30. I received an e-mail that there was a problem with my order. I called to find out the problem was on their end with porting of my number. My order was finally processed and a received my new phone on June 12. However the phone was defective. I asked customer service if I could go to a store to exchange. I July 12 I went to Cingular store on rt 44 in Poughkeepsie. The man in the store said we are agents not corporate and I can’t help. I called customer service and they told me the next nearest Corporate owned store in on RT in Wappinger Falls. I went there and the same man as in the Poughkeepsie store was there. When I explained what happened. He said “ I don’t care what customer service told you I won’t help you.

Cingular Should close these stores because all you get there is customer dis-service.

25th of Sep, 2006
    Cingular - Horrible Customer Care!

I had a Blackberry from Cingular for over 2 years, my wife had been with Cingular for close to 5 years. After we got married, we decided to get on a family share plan in order to reduce expenses. Neither of us were in a contract with Cingular at the time so there were no cancellation fees to pay. We both cancelled our respective service with Cingular (and went to Verizon Wireless). Within three weeks, the next interaction either of us had with Cingular was a bill that also stated our respective accounts were being forwarded to a collection agency. This is completely ridiculous. We had been faithful customers for a combined 7 years and the way that we're thanked for our service is with a notice that our outstanding balance is being forwarded to collections. I would advise that no one sign up for Cingular since if you ever decide to leave, your credit will be tarnished.

I have since received another bill (after paying the first) that seems to include a bunch of charges I've never had to pay in the past. Again, DON'T SIGN UP FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS, THEY TREAT YOU HORRIBLY AND TRY TO RUIN YOUR CREDIT IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO LEAVE!!

• Am
      28th of Oct, 2006
    Cingular - Outrageous charges, no service reinstate!

My name is Amanda. My mother had received a promotional offer in the mail regarding a free cellular phone that would be shipped to her at no cost, if she established an account with them. She did establish that basic account and had signed up with a contract which included 1000 everyday minutes and unlimited nights and weekend minutes to start at 6:00pm on a monthly basis. My mother gave me the phone and the financial responsibility. I maintained the account as it was approx. the same fee every month of $75.00. We continued our service for several months, until it was suddenly disconnected. I called to review the account with a representative from Cingular. The rep. stated that I had a balance currently of over $1500.00. for one months service. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I immediately asked to see the bill. Once I received the bill via USPS, I contacted Cingular regarding an error that was printed on page 18 of 40 pages. On page 18 the bill showed that a new month had started. So not only was I being billed for one month, but on page 18 the next month had started accumulating on the current bill. So essentially I was being double billed. I contacted Cingular who recognized this error, however after numerous attempts to try and resolve this issue by calling in, going in to a Cingular store, speaking with floor managers, I am forced to pay for a mistake that Cingular committed. And I don't feel like my mothers credit, and my financial status should be impacted by such an error. I, for the record, even went into the Cingular store located in Hillsboro Oregon, and made a good faith payment of $170.00 while my bill was to be purged and examined by a rep. from Cingular. However, while they were in the process of doing that, they did not reinstate my service, nor did they follow up to reconsider these outrageous charges. Indeed I never went over my minutes, nor did I do anything wrong. But what can I do? I certainly don't want to take Cingular to court, although I know I would win.

I would love some feedback!

Truly,
    Amanda

• Al
      19th of Dec, 2006

Enclosed herewith letter to debt collection agency representing Cingular. i had written to them several
    time requesting explanations regarding the absurd amount of bill claimed.

the bill was charged to my phone bill couple of months ago. the bill was for one billing cycle, i believed
    there was no way that i could managed to use the cellular phone with that amount. i got the phone from internet that came with package. the package was 750 minutes (free cingular phone to phone) and free internet connection for 1st month use.

several calls after my phone was disconnected, cingular told us that i had to pay the whole amount
    $3728.07. at first i thought it was a typo. nobody believe me that my bill was $3728.07. with my current
    paycheck, i could be able to save that money for another 5 years.

below is the latest letter that i sent to the collection agency :

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEM INC

CT 06516

Re: Creditor - Cingular-Snet
    Acct # - 419ssss
    Principal - $3728.07

Further to my letter dated Sept 11, 2017, I have yet to receive any reply from either the above-named
    creditor or from your company.

Please inform the creditor to provide me with the details of the bill(s) for my perusal. I believed that
    the amount of the bill charged was for one billing cycle of which it was absolutely unreasonable.

Thanking you in advance.

…………………
    (signed)
    A Samian

• Ad
      28th of Dec, 2006

I totally disagree. The cards from Cingular are provided by Cingular, the cards from Walmart are from a different company. Cingular cannot refund those cards because those cards only have 8 digits pin code when usually Cingular Go Phone Cards have pin codes of 10 or 12 digits. If the person who bought this card is capable of reading the back part of the card the first thing that will be noticed is a sentence in BOLD LETTERS indicating not to call 611 or Cingular Customer service and dial an 800 number in order to add the money. Aside that, the person who is complaining is having another service which is not compatible with the Go Phone cards. The service that she has is Pick Your plan which makes automatic replenishments from a debit, credit or checking account each month. Pay as You Go is the service that uses Cingular Go Phone cards. It is obvious that the Cingular Cards will not work with the ladies phone. If we read before purchasing something, even if we do not get well educated from sales person we will avoid situations and problems like these.

• Rm
      28th of Mar, 2007

We are being forced by Cingular to switch from our current AT&T contact and phones over to new contracts with Cingular and their phones.

Our contract was supposed to be honored after the merger, but now they (Cingular) are saying we have to switch in order to keep service. Two weeks ago we started not being able to receive calls...got that fixed. This week we found out incoming text was not getting to us... they are still working on that.

Cingular says we have no choice but switch - which means they are breaching our current contracts. All they really have to do is give us or let us purchase phones with Cingular chips and keep our current plan, but that is not an option.

Is there anyone out there that can help.

26th of May, 2007
    Cingular - Internal fraud condoned

I signed up with Bell South Mobility (which later changed their name to Cingular) and had no problem for ten years.

That is until my 19 year old son met one of their female "sales reps" twice his age, who needed to meet heer quota, and promised him a "low" introductory rate if he would sign up with Cingular as a member of my "family plan". She told him that he didn't even need my permission, all she needed was for him to give her my social security number, which he obtained from my driver's license while I slept.

She then signed "him" up with his own number and did not put him on my account. I knew NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT how he got his own phone with no credit and no money, until I got a $1000 bill from Cingular a few months later, mostly for 50 cents a minute phone calls made "over" his limit for the month.

When I tried to complain to a manager, none was ever available, and I got no callback. When I asked to speak with the sales rep who had signed him up, she was no longer with the company.

Pretty soon I received a letter from Cingular's attorney threatening me with a lawsuit for refusing to pay money I "legitimately" owed them. His staff refused to let me speak to him, and he never answered any of my emails or certified letters. He is not even a member of the local bar association, so they will not investigate him.

Now they call themselves ATT, but they are the same bunch of con artists and fraudsters preying on the young and ignorant by structuring their sales incentives such that their employees get rewarded for their fraud until they get caught and fired, but the company still prospers from the fraud, and the local police and district attorney will not do anything because they are the largest cellphone company (and taxpayer) in town.

15th of Jun, 2007

Every cell provider offers a slightly different coverage area. Until every person in the United States has a cell tower in their back yard there will continue to be areas with no coverage by one or more providers. Cingular as well as all the other companies give you a full 30 days to try out their service, and if it doesn't work where you use it the most you can get a refund (minus any activation fees and minutes actually used) and try another provider. There are plenty of Cingular customers, myself included, whose service works everywhere they need it to work and who don't experience dropped calls.

24th of Jun, 2007
    Cingular - Buying and billing!

I bought a a "300" phone from Cingular from on-line and over the phone.I was promised a rebate in paying up front for the phone. I was promised a rebate. I bought this phone because it the time my other phone didn't have out of the city service. It is a Cricket.

I received the phone. When I came it was left out so anyone could pick it up.
    It was too small. I had lost it a couple times and it was too small to use. I called Cingular customer service to tell them I wanted to return the phone. They kept telling me to wait for the Welcome Kit.I receive it about 3 months later... I had called 4 times asking when it was coming and that I never received it. They kept saying I couldn't do a thing until I received the Welcome Kit I applied for my rebate. During that time I had lost my phone and didn't find it this time.I was turned down for the rebate. It said I wasn't entitled to one. I was promised one when purchasing the phone. I also reported the lost of my phone at that time.

My first bill came. It was $240.00. I called customer service again. The woman told me ,that you have to pay something like a security deposit. She said there was sorry that none told me this when paying the phone. 2wks later I received a bill for 404 dollars. I called back again. I told them I'm not paying it. I will pay the $63.?? That I had agreed to pay every month. Next they sent me a bill for $743.??. I told them I'm not paying it.

• Su
      9th of Jul, 2007

Take them to small claims court. Your filing fee will be minimal. On the other hand, it will cost the phone company big bucks to defend the case. Probably more than what they say you owe.

Due to that, they may not show up, which would let you win by default, however if they do show up, I cannot understand a small claims court judge not siding with you. Your complaint sounds legitimate.

• De
      15th of Aug, 2007
    Cingular - Cut off my service and are still billing me monthly

After signing up with Cingular over a year ago I noticed some additional monthly charges on my bill. I called billing and they said these were from the previous owner of my number. It took about 30 minutes, but I got some of my money back and let it go. Well, just recently, I was billed for 3,400 minutes! It was as if I had the phone glued to my ear for a month! I called and was told that I was not billed for calls unless they connected. I printed my 10 page bill to examine the numbers called; I noticed several calls I did not make. I disputed the numbers online and received an email that said I should call all the numbers on the list to see who they were! I called customer service again to complain. I then compared my call timer to my bill, which they said was not intended for billing purposes, that it was just there to help me keep track of my minutes. I told them there were calls on my bill I did not make, including one 3 minute call to Virginia (I don't know anyone in that state), but they said it must have been a miss-dial. A 3 minute miss-dial? They asked me if I called Nebraska, I told them no; she found more than 15 minutes worth of mistakes, while still maintaining that GSM technology is flawless. She also told me that when I dial, even without connecting, I will be charged for finding a radio wave signal. She told me that the person who told me otherwise was mistaken. I spoke to them for an hour and resolved nothing. They did not even credit me for mistakes on my bill that they themselves had found. They cut off my service and are still billing me monthly.

• Je
      21st of Feb, 2008

They are charging me for something i did not agree to.

• Ka
      19th of Apr, 2008

I have the same problem with Cingular which is now AT &T. I have no signal at my house. There is a cell phone tower which is visible from my back yard that does belong to AT&T and we still have horrible service from them. We still have several dropped calls; most of them are from our home but we have dropped calls in all kinds of areas. (Most of the time it happens on urgent phone calls of course!) Cingular/AT&T 's customer service has very few competent people working for them. I have run accross a few nice knowlegable ones but the majority of them are lazy, uneducated kids that don't know the answers nor do they have the moxy to think about asking someone for help or consulting a manual to find an answer. They tell you one lie after another. We are being held hostage by AT&T until our contracts are up. I want to leave them because they are not holding up their end of the contract and supplying the service that they advertise and I refuse to pay the early termination fee so if I don't pay it they will ruin my credit. They are holding me hostage...AT&T is a corporate terrorist in my opinion and they should not make it so hard to get out of your contract when they can see for themselves how many dropped calls are on the bills that they mail out to you and expect you to pay!!! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AT&T FOR A WIRELESS SERVICE DON'T DO IT!!!

• Mi
      21st of Apr, 2008
    Cingular - collection bill
    AFNI, Inc
    Bridgeport
    Connecticut

I just received a collection notice regarding an account with Cingular. The last time I subscribed withCingular was 9 yrs ago, and have never paid late or left a remaining balance. The telephone number on the letter are different from the AFNI website. I called 4 times and on the last one, I let the phone on for 20 min and no one comes on. I then call the number on the website and it hangs me up saying to call back later due to the high call volume. Something is definitely suspicious and I can't log in to their website without putting a social security number, which I'm not going to supply. I need to submit a complaint on this as well.

• Ba
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I received a collection notice in the mail yesterday stating I owed over $200 plus a collection fee. I've never, NEVER had Cigular wireless service. I tried to call the company but was told they couldn't accept my call due to a high volume of calls, and to go on-line to schedule a time to speak with a representative. I went on-line but the website was minimal without an option to leave an email. I finally clicked on "feedback" and left a message letting them know I was disputing the bill and that I needed proof. After reading the other emails, I'm thinking this is fraud.

• Am
      22nd of Apr, 2008

Got the same thing...have no idea what it is. When I finally got ahold of someone they told me it was from 1997-1998 - still have no idea what is. Called AT&T and they have nothing under my name. I checked my credit reports right after receiving this letter - nothing negative from Cingular/AT&T...and nothing better show up on there. This is very frustrating, but after reading the other complaints and doing research on the statute of limitations on this type of thing I felt better. AFNI will be receiving a letter from me and I'll also be sending a copy of the letter to the State Att'y General and the BBB.